Sabres third Jersey

Just curious what everybody thinks of them... I'm not a big fan thought they could be much better.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...-and-its-awful
Reminds me of the Denver Broncos.
Always hated the name "Sabres", they should have been the Bisons.
Use the Bottle Cap jersey. Ruby Pastor lives! lol

• Tiger
  • 09-05-2013, 04:38 PM
Sabres_Uniforms through the years. (The new third one isn't here, yet)

Buffalo Sabres

First season: 1970-71
Home arena: First Niagra Center
Stanley Cups won: 0
Stanley Cup Final appearances: 2

The Sabres got their nickname in a name-the-team contest. Management wanted to avoid the obvious buffalo variations like Bisons in naming its new team.
Retired numbers
2 Tim Horton
7 Rick Martin
11 Gilbert Perreault
14 Rene Robert
16 Pat Lafontaine
18 Danny Gare
cant go wrong with the of colors of blue, silver, black and just enough white on a jersey...perhaps ya'll might be able to drop a lil note in their suggestions box..
  • Tiger
  • 09-05-2013, 04:57 PM
Anita, Like this one?

How do you feel about orange and black?
yes exactly like that one tiger!!hahahha

wooweee that orange and black one sure does bring back some memories.. orange and black were my old school colors...way back when they used to smash pumpkins against a rock to dye our garments....
  • Tiger
  • 09-05-2013, 06:20 PM
yes exactly like that one tiger!!hahahha

wooweee that orange and black one sure does bring back some memories.. orange and black were my old school colors...way back when they used to smash pumpkins against a rock to dye our garments.... Originally Posted by anita germane

You went to Churchville-Chili? Were they even a district back then? (You've said you are about 276, so I do believe you might have even seen some pumpkin dying in your day. Did the Native Americans teach you?)
yea..our mascot..was a bear..we found him lumbering around in the woods..so we figured..eh..why not...

hahahha you crazy...i hung out with the vikings ..they were soo very friendly..i miss
those guys.. best cruises ever!!
  • Tiger
  • 09-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Did you wear the horned helmet when you were sacking and pillaging with the Vikings?
WTF Sabres do not have cheerleaders/Ice girls.

even Tampon Bay Lighting has Ice Girls
WTF Sabres do not have cheerleaders/Ice girls.
Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
In the very first year of their existence,

A local figure skater named Sundae Bafo was hired to skate around the ice and slide a Wilkinson Silver Saber into the opponents net. She became known as "Sabre Girl". It lasted one season.

Anyone remember her father's bar on Main St.?