Ray Dolby Died

Ray Dolby died last week at age 80. His name might not ring a bell for many people, but the word DOLBY is almost synonymous with high-fidelity audio technology. Dolby earned a BS in EE from Stanford and a PhD in physics from Cambridge, and was an avid inventor. He significantly enhanced the sound quality of the audio-visual world by introducing the noise-reduction system for audio tapes, multi-track recording, and surround-sound for movies.
I think it was in the credits of one of the Little Feat albums, where the band thanked his mother for having a such a" curious and inventive " son or something like that. Many people thought Dolby noise reduction killed the high end on cassette decks and Dolby did listening tests to prove them wrong. Ray Dolby was a giant in the A/V world and his inventions will continue to enhance the lives of countless others for years to come.
Don't Bogart that joint, my friend

I think it was in the credits of one of the Little Feat albums, where the band thanked his mother for having a such a" curious and inventive " son or something like that. Many people thought Dolby noise reduction killed the high end on cassette decks and Dolby did listening tests to prove them wrong. Ray Dolby was a giant in the A/V world and his inventions will continue to enhance the lives of countless others for years to come. Originally Posted by drluv1