Help me remove my info from another site

So, I was reading on another posting that sometimes hotels will google your cell number to find out if you are a provider or not.

Well, I did that and what do you know...there is my number and pics that I had placed in a BP ad a month ago.

I know what you are going to tell me, BP is the devil, but I needed some quick cash! Now, I see why BP is so wrong but I still need to use it because of an upcoming tour. I just don't want my info to be sold and used by others without my permission.

PLEASE HELP...

SexiLexi333
BP ads automatically go down after 45 days unless you pay to renew them.

When you placed the ad you got an email. To take it down at any time, all you have to do is click on that email and the instructions to remove it are right there.

If you deleted that email, check your deleted items folder.

If you deleted it, then emptied your deleted items folder, then I guess you can't take it down until the 45 days is up.
It does not matter. ANYWHERE that you post, either the ad or the information is copied to other sites within days. If you have ever posted your number or e-mail on eccie, bp, or any other site, or if it's been posted on a review, regardless of the board, it will always be there.

If you delete a BP ad, it will still be available as a cache file. Thise ads are also regularly copied to sites that poach ads specifically so their site will come up in google searches, then that web traffic is used to sell ad space to places like fling, adult friendfinder, etc etc etc.

Any provider that travels knows that you have to have a hobby phone and a personal phone for that very reason. If you didn't know it before, you do now.
  • rrath
  • 06-14-2012, 06:45 PM
Get yourself a pre-paid phone and fast, use that and only that for the HOTEL...... keep like $10 on it for them, they may or may not call, but that number WILL never show up unless you post that number.
Exactly Lexi, don't give the hotel your work phone number. You don't check into the hotel using the name Lexi333, nor is that the name on your drivers license. So they don't ever get Lexi's phone number either.

You should only be using your work phone for business related activities. That's the number you put in ads and have contact with clients.

Keep another phone/number for all your personal stuff and never ever let the two meet.

You can always logon to your BP account and remove your ads, and should when you are moving to a different area anyways. But if Google caches them, they are on there forever. So take the necessary precautions to keep your two lives separated, then it doesn't matter or affect your personal situation.
  • FK
  • 06-14-2012, 08:08 PM
The best thing to do is change your personal phone number and get a hobby phone immediately and never mix the two.
Tracfone has a good deal on a throwaway phone.
I do have a cash phone that I use just for the hobby. I was just shocked to see my pics on a site that I did not place there myself nor give approval of their use! It feels like a violation. I only used the post for one day then removed it once obsolete.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions. Just wish there was something I could do to remove the info.
There is no way to get your number off those other sites. You can contact them till you are blue in the face and they will do nothing. It can take 1-3 year(s) before those links will disapper from internet searches.
  • ~Ze~
  • 06-16-2012, 10:12 AM
I tell ya... if there was someone that had enough knowledge in internet/site laws they could make a fortune here as a "net scrubber".....

There is a site "reputation defender" maybe "reputation" or some such that does similar. Not sure how well it would work with an assumed name/ fake persona though.
I would like to be removed from the board please.. Thank you for understanding
  • Mokoa
  • 06-16-2012, 01:10 PM
Send your request by email to websupport@eccie.net and the Admins will be able to help you.
So, I was reading on another posting that sometimes hotels will google your cell number to find out if you are a provider or not.

Well, I did that and what do you know...there is my number and pics that I had placed in a BP ad a month ago.

I know what you are going to tell me, BP is the devil, but I needed some quick cash! Now, I see why BP is so wrong but I still need to use it because of an upcoming tour. I just don't want my info to be sold and used by others without my permission.

PLEASE HELP...

SexiLexi333 Originally Posted by SexiLexi333
I take it that you are saying you Google searched your phone number and thus discovered that your pictures and phone number were copied from BP and posted on another site.

I do have a cash phone that I use just for the hobby. I was just shocked to see my pics on a site that I did not place there myself nor give approval of their use! It feels like a violation. I only used the post for one day then removed it once obsolete.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions. Just wish there was something I could do to remove the info. Originally Posted by SexiLexi333
It is a violation and there are things you can do.

I can't really give a blanket answer about getting pictures or other information removed from a site that has copied it without permission. It really just depends on which site did it.

If you took the pictures yourself then you own them and the copyright to them. If someone else took them, paid or otherwise, it gets a little more complicated. You basically need whoever it was to sign ownership and copyright over to you. (This is something you should always check when getting pictures taken by someone.) In many cases though with copied or stolen pictures it doesn't ever even get to the point of having to really prove your ownership. Often just contacting the site and declaring that they have copied and stolen your pictures and are thus violating your copyright is enough to get them to take the pictures down.

The same goes for advertising text. If you created the text yourself and then caused it to be published either in printed or electronic form you own that text and the copyright.

There is a specific legal format under the DMCA you need to follow to really enforce the copyrights. Often though just through an initial email declaring copyright violation to a site's support or administrator the stolen works (pictures & ad text) can get taken down without going through the DMCA process.

Getting your provider phone number taken down from a site is another matter and that would pretty much be a hopeless cause. When you publish that number or an email on a public site such as BP, Eros, Eccie, it becomes public knowledge and pretty much fair game to posted wherever anybody chooses.

I will repeat it is NOT hopeless to get your stolen pictures or ad text taken down from a website. It just depends on which site did it and how hard you are willing to push things.
Jannisary, Your info is very reassuring! The most insulting fact is that I had the photos done professionally by a trusted friend and the site took them and added their logo to them as if they had produced the work themselves.

I can live with all the rest of the deal but to have my pictures 'stolen', then the site added their name, repost as if they were the creative party behind the shoot is the most shocking. Plus, even though I am wearing a mask, it is a partial face shot and I do not want to be connected with that company.

I am a newbie to the hobby so I am trying to be very careful about placing my images. I am working on a professional career that has hit some bumps and am hobbying to fill in the gaps. So, I can not afford to have someone randomly pull my photo and ask me about it later in my career!

Thank you for your advice...

SexiLexi333
You need to read up on the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and "takedown notices". A lot of websites bank on the fact that many people are unaware of their legal rights under the DMCA or do not have the time, ability, or maybe resources to really push the issue. If the site refuses to take down the copyrighted material after being given proper notice you can contact their hosting company, give them proper notice of the copyright violations and the hosting company MIGHT take it down. If the the hosting company is US based they are suppose to follow the DMCA but it doesn't always happen. If I recall correctly you can also contact Google and they will remove search links to the copyrighted content from their index.

Good luck. Trying to get stolen content removed can be time consuming and aggravating. But it can be fruitful and to retain copyright you have to act to protect the copyright when you know its being violated.
DMCA only works on providers in the US and majority of providers outside of the US ignore it. Also remember DMCA does require you to provide your name and state under penalty of perjury that you own the rights. The best thing is to have someone else do that on your behalf "authorized agent" that way it is there info.

If it is a US provider they HAVE to take it down. I work in the hosting business and have run teams that handle DMCA.