Ross Perot dead at 89

The man is dead but the “giant sucking sound” is still coming out of Washington.

I thought Perot died a long time ago.
The man is dead but the “giant sucking sound” is still coming out of Washington.

I thought Perot died a long time ago. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
That sucking sound is in your head! One of many side affects of TDS
Off topic.

Did you vote for Ross Perot?

Do you know who he was?

No, I did not vote for him but I thought he was already dead too.
  • oeb11
  • 07-09-2019, 04:41 PM
I used to see him in services and the local barber shop.

He was much less visible in recent years.

Used to see Jack Kilby (integrated circuit developer and Nobel laureate) in the same shop - Jack had much less hair.

A loss of a vibrant Man.
Besides tucking George Bush and the American people in 1992, I recall he used to say he knew where American POWs in Vietnam. If he was elected president he was going to go get em. If he was lying then he used the idea of captive Americans to run for office, if he really did know then decided not to tell the world after he lost. Either way he's a piece of shit.
If he ran as a Democrat he would have won, lol.
  • oeb11
  • 07-09-2019, 05:22 PM
L - likely some truth to that.

Perot could not stand the DPST's , their politics and policies, even then.
H Ross Perot begat Bill Clinton.

I’m not saying that is necessarily a bad thing. Regardless of his flaws and that bitch cunt wife of his, Clinton was a decent President.
  • oeb11
  • 07-09-2019, 06:53 PM
Perot took 19% of the popular vote in that election.
H Ross Perot begat Bill Clinton.

I’m not saying that is necessarily a bad thing. Regardless of his flaws and that bitch cunt wife of his, Clinton was a decent President. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Actually, he withdrew from the race. 4 million Republicans voted for Clinton. I listened to Ed Rollins today who was Perot’s campaign manager as well as Reagan’s. Perot hated the media and wouldn’t suck up to them.,
Actually, he withdrew from the race. 4 million Republicans voted for Clinton. I listened to Ed Rollins today who was Perot’s campaign manager as well as Reagan’s. Perot hated the media and wouldn’t suck up to them., Originally Posted by bambino
he withdrew, but got back in about a month later, I believe.. he withdrew because somebody had written a hit piece about his daughter. childish of him to quit like he did, just abandon his Supporters and Donors, because somebody called his daughter names.

he also hated George H. Bush, and ran simply to deny Bush the election, in my opinion. more childishness.. and the Vietnam Vet story told above is yet one more childish and shitty move.
he withdrew, but got back in about a month later, I believe.. he withdrew, because somebody had written a hit piece about his daughter. childish of him to quit like he did, just abandon his Supporters and Donors, because somebody called his daughter names.

hit piece? try death threats against his family. so more like hit job?? i'm sure you can understand why the establishment would want Perot out of the race. Military Industrial Complex, Private Banking Cartel, Big Gov, Deficit spending ..

he also hated George H. Bush, and ran simply to deny Bush the election, in my opinion. more childishness.. and the Vietnam Vet story told above is yet one more childish and shitty move. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
you and my brother are wrong. he didn't run due to any hatred of Bush, he ran against the bipartisan deficit spending both sides embraced. the Republicans gave up. the Demonrats and their fucking big Gov bullshit wore them down so they decided to give the Dems what they wanted as long as they got theirs.

If Perot had won in 1992 he would have done at least one thing Trump has done. Re-do NAFTA. and all other unfair trade. What could he have done about the deficit? we'll never know.
RIP Ross,
  • oeb11
  • 07-10-2019, 08:35 AM
Amen, RD