"BECAUSE CONGRESS WON'T ACT"

This is what the great American experiment in Democracy has come to.....a pox on both parties.

Imagine what this same argument can be used to justify. I have asked Congress to ban smoking nation wide but they refuse to act...so I will. I have asked Congress to take all the wealth from the rich but they refuse to act...so I will. I have asked Congress to round up all the Jews (who cause so much trouble for my Muslim brothers) but they refuse to act...so I will craft a final solution.

Sieg Heil there Mr. Mad Boy-King.
Obama just approved billions of dollars in earned income tax credits to be paid to all those new tax filers. They won't pay taxes; their earnings are too low...but now they will qualify for the earned income tax credit (and other benefits) from the American taxpayer. A financial windfall for these lawbreakers.
Yep. And it can be something as real as repealing / revising the corporate tax rules.

Something I support, but would never want a president to do unilaterally.

Imagine what this same argument can be used to justify. I have asked Congress to ban smoking nation wide but they refuse to act...so I will. I have asked Congress to take all the wealth from the rich but they refuse to act...so I will. I have asked Congress to round up all the Jews (who cause so much trouble for my Muslim brothers) but they refuse to act...so I will craft a final solution.

Sieg Heil there Mr. Mad Boy-King. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
  • WTF
  • 11-21-2014, 08:39 AM
All they have to do is act and then they wouldn't have to act all butt hurt!
That isn't how our system works.

All they have to do is act and then they wouldn't have to act all butt hurt! Originally Posted by WTF
  • WTF
  • 11-21-2014, 08:45 AM
It is now!

Did Obama even mention the constitution in last night's speech?

Answer: No, but he did refer to himself 31 times.

SNICK!

What a whiny bitch.

What has YOUR representative done on immigration reform, Whir-LIE-turd?

What have YOUR senators done on immigration reform, Whir-LIE-turd?

Why are you whining when the GOP put Obama on ignore and he just went ahead and did his job anyway?

Seems like ALL of your problems are because your elected representatives are the laziest, least effective Congress in history. AND YOU SUPPORT THEM.

You don't like the laws of this country? CHANGE THEM. Quit crying about them.

I know, that would be too easy for someone like you to do. Or maybe to difficult to get up out of the basement and face the light of reality...
If government would simply enforce the laws we have, we wouldn't need reform. And please note, you fascist statists, that Congress is still a part of government. If they don't act, there is still no legal basis for the President to act unilaterally. That's in the "fucking" Constitution you despise, AssupLiar.

Not acting may represent the will of the people.
Imagine what this same argument can be used to justify. I have asked Congress to ban smoking nation wide but they refuse to act...so I will..... Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Imagine not smoking cigarettes but emitting carbon. It's happening right now. Obama has the EPA crafting new carbon regulations with some phony public input. Unless Obama gets a bloody nose on his "immigration reform" EO, it will embolden him. After "carbon reform", then what? "Handgun reform?" "Women's Reproductive Rights reform?"

Has the text of the EO been released? I haven't seen any analysis of what it actually says or the real implications of it. Even the progressive news outlets just use the talking points of "bringing out of the shadows...." How did Obama come up with the 5 million number? What specific "rights" are these people being granted?"

If you live in a sanctuary city like Houston there are groups of illegals gathered in the parking lots of gas station/convenience store all over. You can't go into a restaurant without seeing them in the kitchen. They don't flinch a muscle when HPD drives up. I wonder how many ICE employees we have here that don't do anything but sit on their butts all day? Coming out of the shadows my ass....
Imagine not smoking cigarettes but emitting carbon. It's happening right now. Obama has the EPA crafting new carbon regulations with some phony public input. Unless Obama gets a bloody nose on his "immigration reform" EO, it will embolden him. After "carbon reform", then what? "Handgun reform?" "Women's Reproductive Rights reform?"

Has the text of the EO been released? I haven't seen any analysis of what it actually says or the real implications of it. Even the progressive news outlets just use the talking points of "bringing out of the shadows...." How did Obama come up with the 5 million number? What specific "rights" are these people being granted?"

If you live in a sanctuary city like Houston there are groups of illegals gathered in the parking lots of gas station/convenience store all over. You can't go into a restaurant without seeing them in the kitchen. They don't flinch a muscle when HPD drives up. I wonder how many ICE employees we have here that don't do anything but sit on their butts all day? Coming out of the shadows my ass.... Originally Posted by gnadfly
But our Bull Dyke Mayor states that Houston is not a "sanctuary city".

She just ignores all of those "new faces" turning up every day.

Nobody gives a shit. The entire inner East Side is now Mexico. If you don't believe me, just drive down Canal, Navigation, Harrisburg, Scott, Lockwood, etc.

The gutless Republicans just handed The Democrats their ass in an election, and from the way the major news and TV commentators are talking, you would think the Dems scored an overwhelming victory.

It's business as usual. That big turd is still heading straight for the septic tank.
Sadly, most of the establishment Republicans agree with the Democrats on immigration. They want cheap labor.

Don't expect the GOP Congressional leadership to make any major moves against Obama's Amnesty EO; just like Obamacare, they will talk the talk, but not walk it.

Personally, I think conservative voters should give up on any expectation of trying to win the presidency. Focus on winning local and state wide elections. AND getting rid of GOP leadership in Washington !

But our Bull Dyke Mayor states that Houston is not a "sanctuary city".

She just ignores all of those "new faces" turning up every day.

Nobody gives a shit. The entire inner East Side is now Mexico. If you don't believe me, just drive down Canal, Navigation, Harrisburg, Scott, Lockwood, etc.

The gutless Republicans just handed The Democrats their ass in an election, and from the way the major news and TV commentators are talking, you would think the Dems scored an overwhelming victory.

It's business as usual. That big turd is still heading straight for the septic tank. Originally Posted by Jackie S

Sieg Heil there Mr. Mad Boy-King. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Not bad you only used I five times.
  • WTF
  • 11-22-2014, 07:01 AM
Sadly, most of the establishment Republicans agree with the Democrats on immigration. They want cheap labor.

Don't expect the GOP Congressional leadership to make any major moves against Obama's Amnesty EO; just like Obamacare, they will talk the talk, but not walk it.

Personally, I think conservative voters should give up on any expectation of trying to win the presidency. Focus on winning local and state wide elections. AND getting rid of GOP leadership in Washington ! Originally Posted by Whirlaway
You have a damn good point there Whirly.