New football league!

Anybody catch the opening of aaf last night? There are games being televised today as well, interesting twist to NFL rules,but real football, nothing like arena football, I think it might do well!
  • Trey
  • 02-10-2019, 07:45 AM
Will catch it today. It comes on cbs 2 games today.
Spurrier is apparently back in head coaching with the Orlando Apollo.
Going against the NFL , I didn't watch but online said high ratings _ however MSM not saying much
I was mildly entertained by the game I saw on Saturday, I think it has potential
Co owned by Bill Poulian who engineered the Bill's and Colt's dynastys back in the 90s,it should take off!
  • cboat
  • 02-12-2019, 01:30 PM
I heard Bob Stoops is also going to come out of retirement and coach a team.
There was more hits in week 1 of the AAF than there was in all of 2018 for the NFL.

But seriously. Half of those hits would have gotten flagged in the NFL. I think this league has won me over. The owner of the Carolina Hurricanes has just invested $250 million to the league when it was reported just a few days ago that the league wouldn't be able to make payroll.
Games this weekend...cancelled. Then (shortly afterwards) it was announced the league folded.

What a (yawn) shock.

I've seen the WFL come and go. The USFL. The XFL. NFL Europe. Various arena football teams in and then out.

And next year....surprise, the XFL....again. Yawn. Are these people ever gonna learn?
Games this weekend...cancelled. Then (shortly afterwards) it was announced the league folded.

What a (yawn) shock.

I've seen the WFL come and go. The USFL. The XFL. NFL Europe. Various arena football teams in and then out.

And next year....surprise, the XFL....again. Yawn. Are these people ever gonna learn? Originally Posted by Chateau Becot

USFL had a shot of going longer if it weren't for Trumps stupidity on challenging the NFL.

XFL 2.0 another shot too.
Disappointed it didn't work out, but not shocked. They made not have had the big names because all the big name guys are in the NFL, but at least they played the game the way it's supposed to be played and not a bastardized version of it. Here's hoping the XFL v2 works out.
NFL was never going to let it happen
shame it failed.