Sen Lindsey Graham - Investigate Origins of Mueller probe

• oeb11
  • 03-25-2019, 12:00 PM
U.S. Senate judiciary panel head wants special counsel to look at origins of Trump probe

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...3dj?li=BBnb7Kz

WASHINGTON, March 25 (Reuters) - The Republican chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee said on Monday he will ask Attorney General William Barr to appoint a special counsel to look into the origins of the probe of whether President Donald Trump's campaign conspired with Russia to influence the 2016 election.

A day after the attorney general said the report by Special Counsel Robert Mueller found that nobody from Trump's campaign conspired with Russia, Senator Lindsey Graham said "we will begin to unpack the other side of the story."
He said it was time to look at the Clinton campaign and the origins of a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant for former Trump adviser Carter Page, which was based in part on information in a dossier compiled by Christopher Steele, a former British intelligence officer who co-founded a private intelligence firm.
Republicans lawmakers have contended the FBI made serious missteps when it sought the warrant to monitor Page in October 2016 shortly after he left the Trump campaign.
Republicans said the FBI failed to disclose that Steele was hired by a firm funded by Democrats to do opposition research on Trump's business dealings.
However, Steele was initially contracted by FusionGPS, a Washington-based political research firm, to investigate Trump on behalf of unidentified Republicans who wanted to stop Trump's bid for the party's nomination.
Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham, R-SC, speaks during a press conference on US Attorney General William Barr's summary of the Mueller report at the US Capitol in Washington, DC on March 25, 2019. Graham said he planned to ask Barr when they talk on Monday to appoint a special counsel to investigate the FISA matter, which is already being probed by the Justice Department's internal watchdog.
"What I want to do is see if he'll appoint a special counsel," Graham said at a news conference. "I'd like to find somebody like a Mr. Mueller that could look into what happened with the FISA warrant, what happened with the counterintelligence investigation."
Graham said he wants Barr to appear before the Judiciary Committee to discuss Mueller's report, which concluded Russia did attempt to intervene in the election on Trump's behalf.
"What's next, I hope, will be that he will come to the committee (and) release as much as possible of the Mueller report," Graham said.
On Sunday, Barr said in a four-page summary that Mueller's team had not found evidence of criminal conspiracy between Trump's campaign and Russia in the 2016 election and had left unresolved the issue of whether Trump obstructed justice.
Barr, a Trump appointee who took office last month, said he and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein concluded that the evidence did not justify bringing obstruction charges.

There has been a great deal of "discussion" about the Steele dossier and whether the FISA warrant was legal. Graham has the power to investigate and refer to a now neutral politically FBI for charges and referral for prosecution if wrong-doing is found.

DPST's Nadler and Schiff are continuing their merry way to investigate "Russian collusion". American voters will see this as a fraud and waste of money.
DPST's involved will be very nervous about this turn of events - Shoe is on the Other Foot now!!!!
An investigation of Nadler and Schiff - who are often quoted "We have clear evidence of obstruction" - for McCarthy tactics is in order. I want to see the "evidence" they, Pelosi, Schumer, and others have been waving in their little McCarthy-type hands.

Show Us the Beef!!!!!
DPST's be very nervous - the house of Cards may come falling down down down.
The clintons and odummy are very worried about this! All trails will lead back to them!
U.S. Senate judiciary panel head wants special counsel to look at origins of Trump probe

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...3dj?li=BBnb7Kz

WASHINGTON, March 25 (Reuters) - The Republican chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee said on Monday he will ask Attorney General William Barr to appoint a special counsel to look into the origins of the probe of whether President Donald Trump's campaign conspired with Russia to influence the 2016 election.

A day after the attorney general said the report by Special Counsel Robert Mueller found that nobody from Trump's campaign conspired with Russia, Senator Lindsey Graham said "we will begin to unpack the other side of the story."
He said it was time to look at the Clinton campaign and the origins of a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant for former Trump adviser Carter Page, which was based in part on information in a dossier compiled by Christopher Steele, a former British intelligence officer who co-founded a private intelligence firm.
Republicans lawmakers have contended the FBI made serious missteps when it sought the warrant to monitor Page in October 2016 shortly after he left the Trump campaign.
Republicans said the FBI failed to disclose that Steele was hired by a firm funded by Democrats to do opposition research on Trump's business dealings.
However, Steele was initially contracted by FusionGPS, a Washington-based political research firm, to investigate Trump on behalf of unidentified Republicans who wanted to stop Trump's bid for the party's nomination.
Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham, R-SC, speaks during a press conference on US Attorney General William Barr's summary of the Mueller report at the US Capitol in Washington, DC on March 25, 2019. Graham said he planned to ask Barr when they talk on Monday to appoint a special counsel to investigate the FISA matter, which is already being probed by the Justice Department's internal watchdog.
"What I want to do is see if he'll appoint a special counsel," Graham said at a news conference. "I'd like to find somebody like a Mr. Mueller that could look into what happened with the FISA warrant, what happened with the counterintelligence investigation."
Graham said he wants Barr to appear before the Judiciary Committee to discuss Mueller's report, which concluded Russia did attempt to intervene in the election on Trump's behalf.
"What's next, I hope, will be that he will come to the committee (and) release as much as possible of the Mueller report," Graham said.
On Sunday, Barr said in a four-page summary that Mueller's team had not found evidence of criminal conspiracy between Trump's campaign and Russia in the 2016 election and had left unresolved the issue of whether Trump obstructed justice.
Barr, a Trump appointee who took office last month, said he and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein concluded that the evidence did not justify bringing obstruction charges.

There has been a great deal of "discussion" about the Steele dossier and whether the FISA warrant was legal. Graham has the power to investigate and refer to a now neutral politically FBI for charges and referral for prosecution if wrong-doing is found.

DPST's Nadler and Schiff are continuing their merry way to investigate "Russian collusion". American voters will see this as a fraud and waste of money.
DPST's involved will be very nervous about this turn of events - Shoe is on the Other Foot now!!!!
An investigation of Nadler and Schiff - who are often quoted "We have clear evidence of obstruction" - for McCarthy tactics is in order. I want to see the "evidence" they, Pelosi, Schumer, and others have been waving in their little McCarthy-type hands.

Show Us the Beef!!!!!
DPST's be very nervous - the house of Cards may come falling down down down. Originally Posted by oeb11
That is a lame-stream media lie. Steele was not employed by Fusion GPS until AFTER Team hildebeest began paying the bills. These lib-retards keep trying to smear Republicans with hildebeest's bought and paid for Steele Dossier.
That is a lame-stream media lie. Steele was not employed by Fusion GPS until AFTER Team hildebeest began paying the bills. These lib-retards keep trying to smear Republicans with hildebeest's bought and paid for Steele Dossier. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
+1

Yep. The libtards were caught in this lie. Finally, even the fucking NYT had to admit the truth in October 2017 - albeit grudgingly and under a slanted, misleading headline. Now it looks like they're trying to put the same lie back into circulation. Unbelievable!

See my post below:

https://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=106...1&postcount=24
  • oeb11
  • 03-25-2019, 02:21 PM
Thank You for the clarification.
I missed that sentence in my reading.
The point is - Graham announced today he will , as Chair of the Senate Judiciary committee - look into this matter in detail
With an eye for referral to FBI for charges and prosecution.

There will be some very nervous DPST's who find themselves caught in their own web of Lies.
There are a whole host of DBD's who now just got handed a big shit sandwich, and they are all going to have to take a bite.

Brenner, Clapper, Waters , and Shiff should be hauled in front of a Senate Committee and compelled to answer for their sorry behavior.

Then just go down the ladder, or up. Whichever way leads to the truth.
Nothing like bitching about money spent on one investigation then starting another.
some things are more important than money
There are a whole host of DBD's who now just got handed a big shit sandwich, and they are all going to have to take a bite.

Brenner, Clapper, Waters , and Shiff should be hauled in front of a Senate Committee and compelled to answer for their sorry behavior.

Then just go down the ladder, or up. Whichever way leads to the truth. Originally Posted by Jackie S
to me the most galling of the minions is sally yates

well ok theres strozk but sally is up there