Attack of the killer ads!!!

Holy fuck, am I the only one who's eccie has been taken over by thousands of annoying thumbnail ads! God help us, they'll kill us all!!!!
Holy fuck, am I the only one who's eccie has been taken over by thousands of annoying thumbnail ads! God help us, they'll kill us all!!!! Originally Posted by TheBizz
Yes, all of the thumbnail ads slow down your browser and ECCIE.

I suggest that you use OPERA (web browser) and block the ads.

netman
  • ~Ze~
  • 11-08-2011, 06:23 AM
I have AdBlock for chrome... so I don't see any of the badges/banners or anything.

Install, then right click and bingo, blocked.
which thumbnail ads are you talking about?
the ones along the side [myproviderguide, mpreviews, oxygen retreat, etc.] or something else?

<<sorry for the sidetracking>>
what bugs me is that i havent figured out to stop the animations while browsing using chrome. in IE or Firefox, if i press the Esc key or select View > Stop, the animations stop.

how does one accomplish that in chrome?
  • T-Can
  • 11-08-2011, 09:47 AM
And here I thought The Bizz was talking about my killer, badass motherf*ckin ad: http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=312937

Yes, I know....you don't have to say anything
CanDo, I'll undercut your ass by $50.

The ads I was talking about are gone now. Last night there was literally an animated thumbnail after every single post in all the threads, and after every thread in the forum. Not sure if it was a site bug or something with my browser.