totally off-topic, but def a co-ed thing!

so, next week, i'll be pickin up my mom's old 93 fox body stang...the downside, is that right now, it looks like a ghetto xmas tree!
her wrecked it in 2000, and it was that nice glittery tealish green color? the front end they put on? candy red. retard spray painted it black(total redneck rig now)...

but since this IS the houston forum, was wondering if anyone knows of an inexpensive place to get the paint done? i want it back to the teal...everyone says maaco, but i don't know of anyone who has personally used them. and i've heard they sometimes make you tape it off and tow it in for their cheap paint job...

anyone got any place to refer me?? i REALLY wanna take this car back to what it was, esp. since it has 103k on it!!! and aside from different front end, not even a SCRATCH. it's been sitting covered for about 5 years, but starts and PUUUUURSSSS, like a well rubbed kitty

i know some would say just buy another car, but i can't part with this deal, or this car lol...i'd LOVE to restore it, and getting the car is half the battle conquered
  • Trey
  • 12-14-2011, 08:20 PM
It's no classic, so macco should be fine.
lol, no not a classic...but it IS the last year they were made, and I'm hoping to restore the car!
Ask Brooke Wild. She used Maaco
Unless your planning on fucking me in the back seat of that 'stang, this thread should be in the sandbox....ijs.
I will move it there......to The SandBox
Unless your planning on fucking me in the back seat of that 'stang, this thread should be in the sandbox....ijs. Originally Posted by Out_of_Bounds

TMK, this car is a Virgin...Doesn't mean it's gonna stay that way

@Darth-Thanks, I must have rolled right over this forum, because I don't recall seeing it before!!!
I have owned a 88, 90, 92 and two 93's. I love that body style and would love to find me another one. I would suggest maaco if you just want a paint job. If you want anything extra I would recommend you call a real painter. BTW, Maaco does offer different packages. You can get a better paint job if you pay more than the $199 or whatever the offer is. Earl Shieb is the same way.
For a professional paint job, I highly recommend:

J D Auto Paint & Body
(713) 466-1326
4406 Steffani Ln
Houston, TX 77041

However, as others have posted, Maaco is fine if you're not trying to restore it to brand new condition or impress the really astute buyers. I just had a '96 Lexus painted at Maaco for $325 and it looks great.
  • Rezo
  • 12-15-2011, 08:28 AM
Ask Brooke Wild. She used Maaco Originally Posted by dearhunter
Amber, Take a look at this thread regarding Maaco

http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=133825