Process Server

Looking for some advice. I use a Tracphone for hobby. I didn't know any better and used a credit card to pay for the last minute refill. Anyway, I turned the phone on for first time in a month and there was a text msg waiting on the server. It said this is (first name), a process server. I didn't do anything with it and just turned off the phone. I am assuming that the person can trace the phone back to me and am wondering if the best thing to do is just go and see what it could be about.

Any advice?
Are you expecting a divorce notice?
Do not answer a hobby phone message from anyone you don't know. You never know who it might be.

If they want to serve you papers, let them find you and hand them to you.
Especially since it’s a hobby phone - not because they’re after you, but that number has changed hands a lot, so it could have belonged to anyone before you got it.
That's a fraud outfit that will try to get your credit card or bank account number to pay whatever the lawsuit is about..
Similar to the bail bond agent calling on behalf of family member that needs bail.
Similar to ......
That's a fraud outfit that will try to get your credit card or bank account number to pay whatever the lawsuit is about..
Similar to the bail bond agent calling on behalf of family member that needs bail.
Similar to ...... Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter

Agree. I think it is a hoax, but not sure the reason. If they number doesn't have your name on it, block that number.

If they want to serve you, they need to hand it to you, not call you to say come pick up your paperwork. It's their job to personally hand it to you.
Thankfully, my name isn't tied to it at all. I didn't know how hard it would be to get actusl info from it. The few people I have used it to see are estsblished no idea what it could be.