The Deficit and the Debt under Trump

• pxmcc
  • 02-07-2018, 11:38 PM
What happened to all the deficit hawks in the Republican Party? I thought they were all worried about the debt and the deficit, at least when Obama was in office..

By the way, even if the Pubs aren't worried, I am. I see a very bumpy road in America's future; very very bumpy. Remember these words: "Massive devaluation of the dollar."

This country is being run by a bunch of crackheads, metaphorically speaking..

Thread rules:
-No rudeness; any point of view is welcomed, subject to the "no rudeness" rule.
-No ad hominem attacks
-Careful of thread hijacks
-All other Eccie rules are herein incorporated by reference
-Violations will be promptly Rtm-ed

Thoughts or ideas?
Another great thread! Keep em coming
  • pxmcc
  • 02-08-2018, 06:29 AM
Thanks tbone for the kind words!

so are gaping deficits-1.1 trillion when the economy is rockin-after Trump's idiotic tax cuts for billionaires-ok in your book? we could always cut payments to hospitals for Medicare and Medicaid to balance the budget. I'm ok with that; are you? Or do you prefer that beneficiaries get less coverage, are kicked off Medicare/Medicaid, and left to fend for themselves?

Trump: "Making being a billionaire even greater again."
The minority party always screams about deficit spending and increasing the debt. But, then they become the majority part, those concerns suddenly disappear. We can look at member from both parties from their times on either side of being in control and watch their video clips of them flip flopping on the budget.

I find it entertaining that the government can continue to bring in record amounts of taxes and still constantly be in the red.
  • pxmcc
  • 02-09-2018, 12:08 AM
^^that's why they remind me of druggies. ever see an addict balance a checkbook?
Study Japan if you are worried about US debt obligations.

Then you don't need to worry anymore.
The deficit hawks in the Republican Party are now beholden to Trump. Their support of this inane tax bill makes them instant hypocrites, and leaves them extremely vulnerable for the mid-terms.
Thread rules:
-No rudeness; any point of view is welcomed, subject to the "no rudeness" rule.
-No ad hominem attacks
-Careful of thread hijacks
-All other Eccie rules are herein incorporated by reference
-Violations will be promptly Rtm-ed

Thoughts or ideas? Originally Posted by pxmcc
Who made you a fucking moderator?

2 things, one......why isn't this in the political forums?
The second is this......as thread starter, you don't own this thread.
And 3rd, how about making your 'thread rules' in a nice manner, something like 'let's please keep this on topic, or 'let's please no rudeness' instead making threats and giving us orders like you're 'somebody'..

Most of us here don't like to be threatened.

You need to check your ego.
Dear John has a point. Every discussion thread should start with
Rule 1: Fuck your feelings.
The fact is that many Republicans have long since given up the charade of actually caring about deficits outside of scenarios in which 1) a Democrat is in the White House, and 2) there’s a chance to slash social services
  • pxmcc
  • 02-09-2018, 12:19 PM

And 3rd, how about making your 'thread rules' in a nice manner, something like 'let's please keep this on topic, or 'let's please no rudeness' instead making threats and giving us orders like you're 'somebody'..

You need to check your ego. Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
Dear John, it's called fair notice; actual notice vs. constructive notice. Take a chill pill.
As to your other question, because I wanted it in the Sandbox.
Any thoughts on the Topic?
You were not worried about it under Obama why would you worry about it under TrumP?
  • WTF
  • 02-09-2018, 01:08 PM
You were not worried about it under Obama why would you worry about it under TrumP? Originally Posted by The2Dogs
A more appropriate question would be

Why were you worried about it under Obama but seem not to have a care in the world about Trump blowing up the debt.....and in good times!

A double fuck right there.

You need to check your ego. Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
+1
point of order...

is the 'topic" defined by the thread "title" or by all of the fart noises inside the text of the original posting?

just wanting to clarify......

carry on.