LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

• bbkid
  • 02-23-2018, 06:56 AM
Ah, the sounds and the fresh air. The kidd is major stoked today.
Got down here late yesterday evening and couldn't sleep while waiting to head to the ballpark. I imagine only a handful of you guys know that TODAY is the Astros first spring game!!!

I'll be here for the weekend to see it all get started, and then back for week 3 after the pitchers start getting to throw more than an inning or two.

Anyone else headed to West Palm Beach this month?
Awesome! I'd love to make a return trip to South Florida.

When I was a young lass in the Wild, Wild West, I used to go to the San Diego Padres exhibition games out in the desert. Fond memories. Alas, if the praying Padres ever make it back to the World Series, it truly would be a foooking miracle.
Heading that way Sunday.
Last I heard they were up by 2 runs.
Enjoy yourself bbkid. Wish I was there
How about this for H town in 2018:

1. No floods

2. Another World Series win
Look out Transvestites! The Kidd is in town!
I trust bbkid will be back in Houston before the livestock depart.
I love Spring Baseball. While I will not be going to West Palm Beach, I will be going to Phoenix in three weeks. The smell of manicured grass. Can't wait for opening day!
  • bbkid
  • 02-24-2018, 05:29 AM

When I was a young lass in the Wild, Wild West, I used to go to the San Diego Padres exhibition games out in the desert. Fond memories. Alas, if the praying Padres ever make it back to the World Series, it truly would be a foooking miracle.
Originally Posted by Fancyinheels
Ah yes, Ms. Fancy, it would be a miracle - lol.
But when in San Diego, check out "Mudville Flats". A little boutique hotel just outside of Petco Park. Really neat!
Have fun bbkid and check the ID's lol

~
double post...rrr...I vote we make a delete button
  • bbkid
  • 02-26-2018, 06:36 AM
Have fun bbkid and check the ID's lol Originally Posted by Lexieinhouston
Nah, no messin' around this trip, Miss Lexie. I did have a good time, though. Just hearing the snap of the ball in the catchers mitt that first morning was awesome!
The guys look loose and ready for some real baseball.
I went to my grandsons first game of the season Saturday, does that count?
  • bbkid
  • 02-26-2018, 09:44 AM
I went to my grandsons first game of the season Saturday, does that count? Originally Posted by tyboy1
Damn Skippy it does, my friend. Anytime you get the chance - do it. Nothing better!!!