Let's all be careful on here.

By no means am I trying to tell people to not be helpful to newbies BUT, please read this thread paying special attention to the 2nd post by a former Mod on ASPD, Hambone.
http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=36775

I will quote it here for quick reading. Pay attention to what he says about new handles and then think back to the ISO threads and other threads that have been popping up recently asking all sorts of questions.

THEN go look at the Welcome forum and see numerous examples that fit right into the Houstin model that Hambone talks about and PLEASE be safe before volunteering to be the person going to see a new "provider" just because you smell fresh and strange.

Here's the post that matters:
... (Houston) Vice had registered agents onto ASPD by simply joining as most of the other members. The females posted in Welcome Wagon and got some "hard dick" replies. It should ring a bell when I mention that some of the female L.E. wrote that they just could not figure out how to post a photo. They instantly got advice and all kinds of offers to come and help them, but they never accepted (to my knowlege). Photos that were posted showed lots of legs and other parts of the figure, but always clothed.

Some of the male undercovers engaged in discussions with the female officers, bantering back and forth which got them known and increased their post counts. There were reviews by male UCs of the female UC. If you realize what they were doing, then the actual wording makes perfect (and obvious) sense. Descriptions were always "she is incredibly good at what she does" or "she attacks her job with vigor..." I remember one female writing how much she enjoyed her job and the special satisfaction she felt from doing it well.

The big payoff was when we realized the IP from which they all registered WAS LITERALLY HPD!

I never saw a guest list for the party in question, but I believe some of the undercovers got in as reviewed providers who pre-vouched for their male counterparts.
THE Hambone
Originally Posted by THE Hambone
Be kind and be helpful but PLEASE be careful when new people join and ask seemingly harmless questions. The information posted by Hambone should be a wakeup call to everyone on ALL review sites that are open to anyone joining without ANY vouching who they are.
Good heads up, LL, thanks.
  • T-Can
  • 04-16-2010, 08:55 AM
After reading that whole thread a few days ago, it also had me thinking about the recent Welcome Wagon threads and posts.
Ummmmm, Who are you, LazarusLong?
How effective would that really be for LE? Wouldn't members who were arrested for visiting a under cover LE on the boards post alerts and warn the mods? It seems to me that the best they could hope for would be to try and raid a social which is what they did. Other than that the biggest effect of them invading the boards would be to give us a scare.
Ummmmm, Who are you, LazarusLong? Originally Posted by blueveinedthrobber60
It doesn't matter who I am. What matters is that the info I quoted was posted in response to a social in Houston being invaded by undercover VICE and that around a dozen people were arrested and one girl got deported as a result.

I'm not even sure why you felt the need to even ask.
I've never met Lazarus in person, but I can assure you that he's not some arriveste, who has somehow recently arisen (from the dead, or otherwise) on the hobby scene. He's been around for many years and knows whereof he speaks.
I'm kinda missing the point of this warning. How is answering or not answering harmless questions like how to post photos going to assist or hinder any LE posing as either hobbyists or providers here on ECCIE?
The warning is to be careful about newbies vouching for other newbies. By asking pointless questions it raises the post count so when you look at an undercover LE handle with 100 posts you tend to trust it more than a handle with 3 posts.

Be aware of a handle that continues to ask useless questions or comments on reviews just for the sake of making a comment that does not contribute anything useful. In particular be aware of these handles doing reviews on new providers.

All solid advice by LL.
  • jfred
  • 04-16-2010, 03:20 PM
Yeah, it is solid advice. I don't care who gave it (and I care even less who he "used to be.")

And, remember, it isn't only LE that could get in and cause trouble.

It could be a minor, screwing around, and nobody wants to be trading sex tips with a kid. Or a reporter (Fox 4, right) working on an expose. Or someone's spouse, or boss, getting info. Or a self-appointed morals vigilante making a list.

I remember when places like this were smaller. People tended to keep track of who was who and what kind of information they were asking for. A little suspicion is not out of place among those who break the law.
The warning is to be careful about newbies vouching for other newbies. By asking pointless questions it raises the post count so when you look at an undercover LE handle with 100 posts you tend to trust it more than a handle with 3 posts.

Be aware of a handle that continues to ask useless questions or comments on reviews just for the sake of making a comment that does not contribute anything useful. In particular be aware of these handles doing reviews on new providers.

All solid advice by LL. Originally Posted by travelling_man
Haha. I find these particular posters much more annoying than a security threat!
  • jfred
  • 04-16-2010, 04:05 PM
Haha. I find these particular posters much more annoying than a security threat! Originally Posted by Shackleton
And usually that's all they are.

It's only occasionally that they send people to jail.
Ok listen...he is giving wise advice. If you were in chat today, you would know what he, and I, are referring to. BE CAUTIOUS right now. JMO

Meg
He and this board are like a surplus store. You have to wade through a bunch of crap to find the nugget.

What the others are saying is that was a good nugget of advice, regardless.

People have gotten complacent. They forget that the buying of selling of sex is illegal. There are people whose job it is to expose that fact every now and then. It sells papers and justifies budgets.

Review and discussion boards are the virtual rabbit hole into the very real world of vice. Those with missions that conflict with the hobbyists and the providers still use the same portal for information.
Exactly CPI. Lest we forget, May sweeps are right around the corner (local media do so love the May prostitution bust story) AND it's an election year. A prime time to be on guard for this sort of thing.