No More Linking YahooGroup Pics to Your Posts

• OFF
  • 04-16-2010, 02:51 PM
I just received an email from YahooGroups with regards to linking the pics you have in your YahooGroup to a thread on this or other Boards.
"... I have done some looking into this (pics turning into smiley faces) and have found that, unfortunately, it is no longer possible to host images on Yahoo! Groups and display them on a third-party website.

If users try to do this, we will replace the images with smiley faces (we can detect whether the request for the images comes from a Yahoo! server or a 3rd party site). We have discontinued this service in order to prevent abuse."

(Excerpted from an email received from YahooGroups.)
This is why your banners may no longer display, if you are hosting them in a yahoo group.

Just thought you would like to know. So if you post a pic from a YahooGroup and then all you see is this ... !

OFF :-(
Well that really sucks! More for you than me, as you post way more quality pics than I.

Thanks for the info OFF.
  • OFF
  • 04-17-2010, 08:01 AM
Well, it will hurt quite a few of the people on this Board. It would have been nice if Yahoo could have somehow grandfathered the effect but I am sure that would be asking too much.

OFF :-)
Come on OFF, don't we get some sort of a gratuitous pic with this post?
  • OFF
  • 04-17-2010, 05:33 PM
Come on OFF, don't we get some sort of a gratuitous pic with this post? Originally Posted by Fast Eddie
The smiley face didn't do anything for you?

Totally related "I guess I have to post another pic for Fast Eddie because the smiley face wasn't good enough" gratuitous boobiage photo

• OFF
  • 04-17-2010, 06:09 PM
http://www.imagedeposit.com/default.asp Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
http://imageshack.us Originally Posted by cpi3000
Thanks for the suggestions, I have found a pic hosting site that I am currently giving a test drive. I have already uploaded 1,300 pics to it and am running the thread Boobs and Jeans from it to be certain I don't have additional problems.

Still related gratuitous "Is this better Eddie...LOL" boobiage and assage photo

I just received an email from YahooGroups with regards to linking the pics you have in your YahooGroup to a thread on this or other Boards.
"... I have done some looking into this (pics turning into smiley faces) and have found that, unfortunately, it is no longer possible to host images on Yahoo! Groups and display them on a third-party website.

If users try to do this, we will replace the images with smiley faces (we can detect whether the request for the images comes from a Yahoo! server or a 3rd party site). We have discontinued this service in order to prevent abuse."

(Excerpted from an email received from YahooGroups.)
This is why your banners may no longer display, if you are hosting them in a yahoo group.

Just thought you would like to know. So if you post a pic from a YahooGroup and then all you see is this ... !

OFF :-( Originally Posted by OFF
I've noticed that too.That's where I go to get some of the providers' pics but I save to another site
Thanks OFF, the smiley face was nice but the gratuitous boobiage was great.