Make it up to you?

• Junah
  • 04-16-2010, 05:46 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm just curious what you guys think about this. Often, when a provider cancels on me or otherwise causes some inconvenience, they will say something along the lines of "I promise to make it up to you.." I'm sure may of you guys have had the same experience.

I'm choose to believe that the ladies are sincere when they say this, but to be honest, I have rarely ever had a provider follow through on this promise. When we do next meet, it ends up being a standard session with nothing out of the ordinary. I never say anything because I don't want to be a jerk about it, but I do have to admit that it bugs me a little bit. If you don't mean it, than I don't think a provider should say anything and that's perfectly fine with me.

Does this bother anyone else? Am I out of line to think that a provider might actually make it up to me? Ladies, what do think about this?

Cheers.
Well i am not you, so i do not know what you expected. Did you want extra minutes, services she does not do, what did you want and did you express those things to her.

Gents have said, oh i will make it up to and again just like you, nothing out of the ordinary. And that was perfectly fine. I happy he showed up to the appt as promised.
  • SiD
  • 04-16-2010, 06:53 PM
Good points on both accts. Maybe, if the provider says "i'll make it up to you" she is referring to just knocking you're socks off in the session.. If it is you're first time seeing the provider, and they say that, ask how? there are tactful ways to do that i'm sure, without offending. make sense? Switching roles, If a hobbyist's says they will make it up.. Same deal.. lol Its ok to ask how, as long as its tactful. Not, "um yeah, well you better.. or just demand something like more time or bigger donation.. This like ANY other type of relationship you engage in.. You must have clear communication! I would rather sound like a dumbass for a second than ACT like a dumbass... But, I have experienced both... LOL
  • w900l
  • 04-16-2010, 07:52 PM
I'll agree with you on that junah the provider shouldn't promise anything that she can't deliver. I set up a first time meeting with a provider once, she cancelled on me not once but twice, she told me she would make it up to me both times after she cancelled the appts, she made it up to me all right, by NCNSing me on the third rescheduled appt, in case your wondering I never have called her after that and never will.
On the bright side I had a provider have to cancel on me and she knocked 50 dollars off her regular rate on our rescheduled appt, pure class and professionalism.
I had a provider once cancel on the day scheduled and she more than made up for it on the next visit. Knocked off $60 and she didn't even care that we had gone over our scheduled time by about 20 minutes. In my opinion that's showing class.
I've experienced both ends of the spectrum. Providers that say they'll make it up to you, then forget, come up with another lame excuse, or what have you. I've also had providers say they'll make it up to me, and follow through with a great session. Those are the ones you go back and see again.
Does this bother anyone else? Originally Posted by Junah
Not I. I would treat it as more of a pleasantry at the end of an awkward cancellation conversation rather than a firm contract between you that she will install uneven parallel bars over the bed next time around.

Am I out of line to think that a provider might actually make it up to me? Originally Posted by Junah
No, not that she might...but it's probably unwise to believe she definitely will. Keep your expectations low and go with the flow. It reduces a good deal of the stress in one's life.
The only time I remember a lady "making it up" was ciarra. She couldn't make the appointment and gave me a nice discount for an appointment the very next day. Very classy young lady.
It is a non sequitur.

Ranks right up there with:

"The check is in the mail."

"Don't worry, I am on the pill."

"Don't worry, I'll pull out."

etc.

Let it go.

Woody
She doesn't have to do anything out of the ordinary because there are no repurcussions if she ignores it. I take things very literal and if I am NCNS or inconvenienced I am disappointed. The provider can say "sorry, we'll try again" or "shit happens"...but if she says "i'll make it up to you" I DO expect her to.

Normally the recourse would a NC/NS post or review.
It is a non sequitur.

Ranks right up there with:

"The check is in the mail."

"Don't worry, I am on the pill."

"Don't worry, I'll pull out."

etc.

Let it go.

Woody Originally Posted by peckerwood35
you forgot "I promise not to come in your mouth"

I say let it go too. Either you are going to try again or you or not. If you have an expectation of what making it up to you is, you should clarify it at the time she offers.

I have been told many times I will make it up to you. This is a hobby like golf , just a fun way to release some tension. Not getting laid today is sometimes uncomfortable but is it really worth getting upset about?

I have been no showed many times and there is usually that awkward phone call saying how sorry she is or you hate me now or you are mad and are going to flame me in a no show review. If it is someone I have not seen before then chances are I will probably not bother to reschedule. If I have seen them before and had a good time, I will usually overlook it and try again.
I have only had 2 times that I had to cancel last minute. I promised a discount and both took me up on the offer. Do I think everyone should do this, NO. I just think if you promise something you should deliver.
I personally don't "expect" anything extra as I have found out that expectations not communicated typically don't get met, so I much prefer to forgive and forget, and look forward to the rescheduled meeting, "hoping" she may "make it up to me" by giving me something extra or special at her discretion but knowing I'll leave happy just getting the original service I expected.
you forgot "I promise not to come in your mouth" Originally Posted by monkmonk
David Allan Coe reference ?? Just has a flashback