Please delete my account

Please delete my account. RW issues are gonna keep me out of the game. Thanks and godspeed...
Oops: Take Care.

Which brings up a question: What does get deleted? Just the account with profile and any note pad entries? Are old messages deleted? What about posts and thrweads? Is the ECCIE handle retired?

To what extent can a member scrub their presence prior to closing an account?

Just asking for clarification and tips for the future.
Nothing gets deleted. Your account can be disabled and your name remains or Guested and the name changes to Guestwithsomenumbers.

You post it you own it...and you can't take it back.
Nothing gets deleted. Your account can be disabled and your name remains or Guested and the name changes to Guestwithsomenumbers.

You post it you own it...and you can't take it back. Originally Posted by B Three
Then disable it and guest it. Whatever your equivalent is for deleting. I'm not smart on such stuff. Thanks for your help
I will put in the request to disable. It doesn't matter much in your case and you can come back to it if things change. Good luck and thank you.
  • fly
  • 01-09-2019, 09:38 AM

You post it you own it...and you can't take it back. Originally Posted by B Three

With this in mind, what good does it do to do this? Why not just walk away? If things change, just pick up where you left off. If not, so be it. What am I missing?
It, at least, lets other people know you are gone so they don't attempt to contact you. It also stops all the email subscriptions and PM notifications without having to manually do that.

But yes, many people leave and just walk away.
I thought your account was never truly “deleted”, and if you requested to be deleted, you could always re-activate your account. I did this, but when I messaged the mods about reactivating, I got no response. My only option was to start from scratch by creating a new account. Not really happy about this, as I lost my “board presence “ and all the reviews I had left. (Something a provider might want to check). Don’t know if this has changed, but just throwing it out there. Would love to reactivate my original handle.
You can send a request to your local mod and request to disable this one and reinstate the old one. But you've had this one for almost 3 years. It is probably better to just tell ladies what you just stated and let them look you up.
There is a bit of difference on how accounts are closed. One can request to "disable" their account or "guest" their account.

Disable- basically a cancellation that freezes the username. this is the better option if a member desires to come back in the future. This option will still show the member name on posts along with "account disabled" under their username.

Guesting- A cancellation that closes the account and changes the username to Guest#----- This will allow that username to become open for other people to potentially select and use that username. On the members old post, it will show Guest#---