50 Shades of Gray? Phooey... We got the REAL DEAL right here, folks.

Trying to understand the fuss over the popularity of books like this one...have read most of it; kept skipping around trying to find the hot parts... didn't read no "hot parts."

There was an interview yesterday with a 77 year old (!) author whose "erotica" is very popular now. She's making a killing with her books.

Is it just me or are we still Puritans in this country?
If some of these people ever stumbled accross sites like this, they'd never pick up an "erotic" book again... We have the REAL THING here, with Erotic Reviews! Flirty PMs and Chats! Pics! Videos! YESSSSS!!!!!
The book is a hit with women that have lived the vanilla life style. They are the ones that find it a revealing new idea. We in the hobby have lived parts of the book and enjoy the fun that it speaks of.
This book leads me to believe that for a lot of women, it is all in the presentation. Sit them down in front of a Max Hardcore movie, they are like, ewww, gross. Wrap it up in a love story about some unreachable handsome young fellow with more money than God who falls for a mousy college student, all of a sudden they want to play with Ben wah balls and get tied up.

If you want to see some people who were really upset, check out what people on BDSM boards had to say about it. They were pissed that they had all these housewives coming into their clubs and they couldn't handle serious extreme BDSM scenes.
I read some excerpts and I'm convinced we have better writers on ECCIE. E.L. James's first person perspective is juvenile and bland.
Trying to understand the fuss over the popularity of books like this one...have read most of it; kept skipping around trying to find the hot parts... didn't read no "hot parts."

There was an interview yesterday with a 77 year old (!) author whose "erotica" is very popular now. She's making a killing with her books.

Is it just me or are we still Puritans in this country?
If some of these people ever stumbled accross sites like this, they'd never pick up an "erotic" book again... We have the REAL THING here, with Erotic Reviews! Flirty PMs and Chats! Pics! Videos! YESSSSS!!!!! Originally Posted by Prolongus
You're so right, pro. I couldn't agree more, that book has never caught my eye.
This forum is interesting on many levels, and provides much fun!!
I give "50 Shades of Gray" a "booo". ( sorry, I just HAD to)..no offense if you're a fan of the book
All this attention over bad Twilight Fanfic.
50 shades of shit. I write better erotica than that. I live better BDSM/erotica than that.
I read it just out of curiosity and found it interesting but also found myself waiting for something in the storyline that just never developed. I can see how "vanilla" housewives can get caught up in it though. Also the writing was just a little too simple I think.
I liked Old Yeller. Tell me you didn't cry a little at the end of the book.
I liked Old Yeller. Tell me you didn't cry a little at the end of the book. Originally Posted by bojulay
I cried. Very sad to see him go thru a NCNS.
Yes I have heard about this book and was thinking of reading it just because people say its good. So I wonder what everyone thinks
I read the Hunger Games triolgy instead, since I have never been in a fight to the death