Is the nrw NAFTA a good thing?

• WTF
  • 11-30-2018, 01:50 PM
I had heard it is 80-90% the same and the other was updated from language borrowed from the TPPC or whatever the acronym the Pacific trade agreement was that Trump ditched.
I had heard it is 80-90% the same and the other was updated from language borrowed from the TPPC or whatever the acronym the Pacific trade agreement was that Trump ditched. Originally Posted by WTF
I don't know if all the terms of the new USMCA pact have been released. Maybe I missed them.

From the terms I've seen I don't see any major impacts. The biggest concession seems to be that the US got Canada to open up its dairy market to US farmers.

https://www.vox.com/2018/10/3/179300...deal-explained
  • WTF
  • 11-30-2018, 02:36 PM
Yea that and they made the car makers raise their wages...
I think it is a winner for those reasons, the milk and the wages for auto workers.
I think it is a winner for those reasons, the milk and the wages for auto workers. Originally Posted by friendly fred
You do realize who is going to pay for the increase in the wages for auto workers? People who buy those cars. More inflation. And those increased wages do not impact the U.S. workers, only those in Canada and primarily Mexico.
  • Tiny
  • 11-30-2018, 02:57 PM
Based on SpeedRacer's article, I think it's a loser because of the extension of the drug patents, the six year reviews and the sixteen year sunset provision. This gives the pharmaceutical companies even more power to gouge us. And people looking at building factories and supply chains are going to scratch their heads about making investments and then having the rug pulled out from under them. For example, say somebody wants to set up a new operation to build pickups for export in Mexico and the United States, with parts and assembled items going back and forth across the border. Instead they may decide to do the same thing, say, in China and Vietnam. They get the same combination of highly skilled labor, manufacturing prowess, and good technology (U.S. and China) and lower priced labor for the menial tasks (Mexico and Vietnam). A multinational exporter will pick China/Vietnam if everything else is equal, because it doesn't have to worry about the rules changing.

But having the new treaty is a hell of a lot better than just doing away with NAFTA.
If twit head says it's great than it must be great. After all, he claims to be time magazine man of the year. If ignorance n clueless counts he has my vote. Maybe Putin can help him again
If twit head says it's great than it must be great. After all, he claims to be time magazine man of the year. If ignorance n clueless counts he has my vote. Maybe Putin can help him again Originally Posted by Tsmokies
Stay on topic.. need help?
Stay on topic.. need help? Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
No your help is needed nor was it asked for. What did your post have to do with NAFTA? I can answer that for you. Nothing

The "new: NAFTA is just more of that same "Trump/Putin" branding his fans need to make it all about him. Spoon feed the children
You do realize who is going to pay for the increase in the wages for auto workers? People who buy those cars. More inflation. And those increased wages do not impact the U.S. workers, only those in Canada and primarily Mexico. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
I'm willing to pay more so honest working legal Americans can support their families, assuming their employers pay the matching taxes, of course.
I'm willing to pay more so honest working legal Americans can support their families, assuming their employers pay the matching taxes, of course. Originally Posted by friendly fred
Me too. Fred why always the employers being held accountable? The new Republicans don't want them accountable. Deregulation often means, lets get around paying as little as we can. Lets get a President who gives a GIANT tax break to the wealthy. Then we will look at the middle and lower incomes. Trump is just another Cocksucker that's in The Swamp. I can promise you the new NAFTA is about him, not about us.

Since tax is such a big deal for you, don't you think Trump should share his tax returns like everyone since......Nixon. Hum sounds familiar
Me too. Fred why always the employers being held accountable? The new Republicans don't want them accountable. Deregulation often means, lets get around paying as little as we can. Lets get a President who gives a GIANT tax break to the wealthy. Then we will look at the middle and lower incomes. Trump is just another Cocksucker that's in The Swamp. I can promise you the new NAFTA is about him, not about us.

Since tax is such a big deal for you, don't you think Trump should share his tax returns like everyone since......Nixon. Hum sounds familiar Originally Posted by themystic
I think Trump improved NAFTA, and I don't support businesses not paying their fair share, nor do I think the rich should pay too much, either.

I don't care about Trump's taxes but isn't he subject to reporting requirements like congress? How about we make a deal and he reports his taxes after his second term?

I also think the Supremes and Federal Court Judges should report their wealth.

Everyone is getting rich off this shit....fucking liberals.
I think Trump improved NAFTA, and I don't support businesses not paying their fair share, nor do I think the rich should pay too much, either.

I don't care about Trump's taxes but isn't he subject to reporting requirements like congress? How about we make a deal and he reports his taxes after his second term?

I also think the Supremes and Federal Court Judges should report their wealth.

Everyone is getting rich off this shit....fucking liberals. Originally Posted by friendly fred
You sound like an independent moderate. Nice job Fred
meh... new nafta, usmca is a warmed up version of old nafta with alleged improvements.
meh... new nafta, usmca is a warmed up version of old nafta with alleged improvements. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Agree. No big deal.