Hobby Phones

Can someone school me on this? I've never owned a burner, don't know how it works or anything about it. Where can they be had on the cheap? How does it work?

I've been hobbying for awhile but am looking to enter graduate-level classes now, I guess...
Get a Google Voice number. text messages can be sent to your cell phone or you can go on your computer. Why have a secondary phone for the SO to maybe find?
Mutha fucks

987 hobby phone threads.....

And you got this advice.

Good luck man!

Edit.

Wal-Mart... Or any convince store around.

Buy phone.... Buy time for phone.... Activate phone....use phone .
Get a Google Voice number. text messages can be sent to your cell phone or you can go on your computer. Why have a secondary phone for the SO to maybe find? Originally Posted by Cyndi Lyn
This.

Also, check out the Burner App if you don't wanna take a Google Voice number. There are tons of apps out there for smartphones. As Cyndi mentioned, no need to have a secondary phone when you can have a second number on the same phone.
Having an app on my phone would be just as suspicious, I'd think...though perhaps I'm not fully understanding how the app/google voice might work.
Right. Burner phone and minutes for cash. T-mobile can handle it. You need ID but no credit card - all cash. Leave it in my desk at work. No worries.
No i.d. for att
Having an app on my phone would be just as suspicious, I'd think...though perhaps I'm not fully understanding how the app/google voice might work. Originally Posted by Cool_Blue_Reason
If you're in the situation of needing to hide your activities from a s/o, then I'd say get a separate burner phone vs an app for your personal phone. A burner phone you can just leave at work / hidden in your car instead of risking someone finding the app on your phone (which is how Google Voice works).
If you're in the situation of needing to hide your activities from a s/o, then I'd say get a separate burner phone vs an app for your personal phone. A burner phone you can just leave at work / hidden in your car instead of risking someone finding the app on your phone (which is how Google Voice works). Originally Posted by jbravo_123

And a burner phone you can always say you found it (as long as it is locked) and deny being the owner of it, vs an app on your phone...
I don't recommend any of the phone apps because they all have issues with MMS - long text messages or picture messages. I used Hushed for my first few months, and I dropped it after the location messages from 3 different providers never came through. You will miss messages randomly, and nobody will be able to do anything about it. Go to any Wal-Mart, Best Buy, etc and buy a cheap prepaid phone instead. Activate it yourself, and don't give anybody any RL info to go with it. Buy minutes for cash as needed.

Extra benefit - worried that your appointment might be a little sketchy? Leave the real phone in the car or at home and just bring the burner. One less thing for any cops or crooks to take from you.
  • bbkid
  • 12-09-2014, 05:48 PM
Dewd, you will find more threads on this subject by doing a simple "SEARCH" than you'll ever have time to read.
  • bbkid
  • 12-09-2014, 05:49 PM
Extra benefit - worried that your appointment might be a little sketchy? Leave the real phone in the car or at home and just bring the burner. One less thing for any cops or crooks to take from you. Originally Posted by Althalus
Yes, that works. The tow truck driver will keep it in his pocket for ya.
  • RoxyG
  • 12-09-2014, 06:54 PM
15 dollar Verizon flip phone at Walmart with 10 dollars of phone time already on it
It's a bitch to txt on the flip phone and lots of hookers text only.
Get a Google Voice number. text messages can be sent to your cell phone or you can go on your computer. Why have a secondary phone for the SO to maybe find? Originally Posted by Cyndi Lyn
If his SO looks at his phone she could see the google voice app and there is no way to lock the app. It would be smarter to get a separate phone that you can hide. Places like work office, spare tire, etc.