Vaccinations after a certain age...

I am curious if any men over the age of 55 have gotten the HPV vaccine? If so, where? I want to get it as an added protection. To my knowledge, I don't have HPV and have never been exposed sexually. After a recent trip to Rick's, I want to take an extra precaution to avoid bringing anything home to the SO. She was a virgin when we met and has not been with anyone other than me, so I would like to keep her as protected as possible. We have a don't ask/don't tell now that she has essentially lost interest. There are times when she will be really hungry for sex and then we will go months between intimacy. We happen to be in a good period right now with a lot of sex, but it is just a matter of time until that shuts down again.

TMI... anyway, where can you get the vaccine in an anonymous way and will they even give it to some old dude like me??
I went to Walgreens and it won't let you schedule a HPV vaccine when I put in age 50. Then I change the age to 20 and the appointment schedule came up.

According to Walgreens website, 26 is the age limit to get it and they are giving it folks born as young as 2014.

Why does anyone born in 2014 needs HPV vaccine,

Also these are all the vaccines offered at Walgreens.

COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) ›
Pneumonia (pneumococcal) ›
HPV (human papillomavirus) ›

Flu (influenza) ›
Tetanus, diphtheria and whooping cough (Tdap & Td) ›
MMR (measles, mumps & rubella) ›

Shingles (herpes zoster) ›
Hepatitis B ›
Meningitis (meningococcal) ›

Chickenpox (varicella) ›
Hepatitis A ›
Hepatitis A & B combination ›
Japanese encephalitis ›
Polio (poliomyelitis) ›
Rabies ›
Typhoid ›
Yellow fever

I don't think I have gotten most of those and there are a few I've gotten when I was a kid and you needed it before you could attend public school.

But the only vaccine I have received since when I was a kid is a flu shot and not yearly like they tell you you are supposed to get anyway.
  • Busty
  • 07-22-2023, 05:30 AM
A big "THANK YOU" for caring about your significant other.
Biggest issue is your age. The vacine loosees effectifness after age 15 and is basing wortlless by 50. While the thought is great, no point at your age as it won't do anything
Thank you all for the information. I wonder why the research shows it loses effectiveness? My research brain says the study included people of my age who had already had the virus so it skewed the results, but I am a social scientist not a bench scientist...

Thanks again
Thank you all for the information. I wonder why the research shows it loses effectiveness? My research brain says the study included people of my age who had already had the virus so it skewed the results, but I am a social scientist not a bench scientist...

Thanks again Originally Posted by BasicGuy
Its more of an issue that as the populatin ages, so many have already been exposed that the vacanation is not effective overall. As there is no reliable test for HPV in men, i guess the CDC sees no point in "vacanating" someone who most likely already has it.

While the vacinne is very safe, there are possable side effects so that is a consideration as well

https://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/stdfact-...oms%20in%20men.
Doctor told me after 40 a man is basically immune from hpv. Don't worry and screw away brother.
Doctor told me after 40 a man is basically immune from hpv. Don't worry and screw away brother. Originally Posted by Fourth and Goal
Several factors involved.
By age 50, 80% already have been exposed. Once exposed, no point in getting the vacanation.

Sometimes the infection does go away on its own. There can be acquired immunity that may last a year or longer. But no evidence I can find that age by itself develops immunity.
I went to Walgreens and it won't let you schedule a HPV vaccine when I put in age 50. Then I change the age to 20 and the appointment schedule came up.

According to Walgreens website, 26 is the age limit to get it and they are giving it folks born as young as 2014.

COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) ›
Pneumonia (pneumococcal) ›
HPV (human papillomavirus) ›
Flu (influenza) ›
Tetanus, diphtheria and whooping cough (Tdap & Td) ›
MMR (measles, mumps & rubella) ›
Shingles (herpes zoster) ›
Hepatitis B ›
Meningitis (meningococcal) ›
Chickenpox (varicella) ›
Hepatitis A ›
Hepatitis A & B combination ›
Japanese encephalitis ›
Polio (poliomyelitis) ›
Rabies ›
Typhoid ›
Yellow fever

I don't think I have gotten most of those and there are a few I've gotten when I was a kid and you needed it before you could attend public school.

But the only vaccine I have received since when I was a kid is a flu shot and not yearly like they tell you you are supposed to get anyway. Originally Posted by CG2014
Take two boosters and call me tomorrow.

I'm Dr Fauci and I approve this message.

But the only vaccine I have received since when I was a kid is a flu shot and not yearly like they tell you you are supposed to get anyway. Originally Posted by CG2014
The younger the HPV vacation, the more effective. The idea is to get it BEFORE the risk of exposure. 9 is the recomended age to get it, both male and female