UNfriendly Texas?

i'm relatively new here...and have seen quite a few comments from providers that they will not visit texas....

i'm just curious as to why?

since this is my home state, i don't really have another point of reference...

hope to hear back...

winks...
mariaE
You'll have to ask or pm them.

Maybe they couldn't take the competition.
You'll have to ask or pm them.

Maybe they couldn't take the competition. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
awww...nice thought but i have a feeling it goes deeper than that....you think?

some of these ladies are beyond beautiful and i'm just a bit curious....

smiles..
I love Texans, but I don' think they corner the market on jerks, every state has them , it's just Texas is the predominant force on Eccie so naturally a few will be vocal about them. 99% of them are awesome!!

Welcome pretty lady and glad your here
thank you, SNL, for the welcome....and the kind words...
Texas is a glutted market.

That's the main reason why women don't like to tour in the major cities such as Dallas (Dallas is bad!), Austin and Houston. There are SO many gorgeous ladies in these areas that the competition is huge.

Also, the men here are very spoiled. For one, they have someone like me here who treats them like a king! grin. (Just kidding, I actually smack most of them around some!) But the men here are spoiled for the most part.

They dicker some. Which has never bothered me but it bothers a lot of women. And well, that's pretty much it.

You're relatively new to the board so I wouldn't take the words of a few as the absolute gospel. I just visited Austin and had a wonderful time.

But if another lady had gone to Austin, it might not have worked out well for her. Once, I went to Houston with the promise of four appointments in one day and I sat in a hotel room with nothing because they all canceled on me.

So Texas is a real crap shoot for some of the traveling ladies. Again, don't listen to a few naysayers. Texas women work and do well. Some of them. But if you're going to travel to another town, I would strongly suggest prebooking at least a few appointments before arriving.

Because I can pretty much promise you, that it's very possible that your phone won't ring once you're here. Or maybe it will. Again, there are a lot of factors.

Hope this helped!

Texan kisses,
Elisabeth
yes, elizabeth. it does help...

it confirms my experience with Dallas...i was wondering why of all the places i've been within Texas that dallas is such a strange "animal"/market....very difficult to "break" intothe circle...or just a glutted market...

it sounds like the latter....a good thing for the fellas :-)
Although they frown on this response: +1 to what EW said. I think she hit the nail on the head.
There's no "circle" although it might seem that way when you read Dallas forums. There are a ton of men in Dallas that like to fool around and the vast majority of them do not participate on boards.

But they tend to shop and take their time. I saw one guy yesterday that told me he had been looking at my ads for months and then finally decided to see me.

I hear that ALL of the time. Not sure if that explains Dallas anymore than any other town ... but that's my experience.

Plus, Dallas is just SO SO SO glutted. A few years ago, I used to swear that every fat girl with a high sex drive was hanging out her working girl shingle. That's kindof a joke, but kindof not!

Faces do come and go a lot ... but if you can maintain some staying power and develop an excellent reputation, the men will visit. In time at least!!!

Hugs,
Elisabeth
Although they frown on this response: +1 to what EW said. I think she hit the nail on the head. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
We were writing at the same time!!! Thanks for that vote of confidence!!!
thank you, SNL, for the welcome....and the kind words... Originally Posted by MariaElena
You are welcome, you will do just fine, I looked at your showcase and you are one BEAUTIFUL lady!!! WOW!!

Miss Elizabeth gave good advise, she is a wise one

Do you have powder room access yet? The ladies there are always helpful too
Perception sometimes becomes reality to some..... SNL is correct as far as that and EW is right for the most part.......

Because this board is for the most part Texas dominated, the small percentage that are asshats is more easily seen..... and while there is no doubt talent rich in areas of the state, and cattyness exist more in other parts..... there are more than enough traveling ladies that do quite well in Texas cities....... but as EW said each is its own "animal" so to speak and requres a little different method to crack for some..... but each can be cracked and are wealths of hobby fun......

JaD
this info really helps....thanks folks....

hugs,
mariaE
  • Laz
  • 10-10-2011, 08:43 AM
EW hit it correctly. Texas has a lot of reasonably priced terrific ladies so the competition is tough. As a beneficiary of that - Thanks ladies!
Things are just a little different in Texans. These differences tend to really piss some vocal providers off. There are providers that find the lower prices insulting. There are some providers that don't like the graphic nature of the reviews. Lastly, if a provider is trying to get over on the system she will get busted everytime. Don't write fake reviews, don't have your lap dogs write reviews. The dudes will see through this and call you out. Some providers are so used to getting whatever they want that when they don't get it they get pissed. One more thing, there are some dbags in Texas. Some will threaten bad reviews for a discount or want more activities than are on your menu. No need to put up with those dauchbags.