Son's of Anarchy new season started last night!

Who saw the episode? Watching this show is a REAL guilty pleasure of mine, I'll admit. It was really good.

I just love watching men sweat, fight and behave badly! (On television or other similar type mediums, only!)

Elisabeth
  • Oppa
  • 09-07-2011, 07:43 AM
Started watching the show in its real time first season about three episodes in and got hooked.

It is an incredible show, and the season premiere was one of the better ones they've had over the years.

With my satellite package, I have to pay extra for FX, and the two reasons I haven't minded it have been Rescue Me and Sons.
I liked the way that they skipped over the year or so that a few of the members were in jail and the reflection of that with the ages of the children.

After the episode was done last night, I wanted to watch more! Which of course, is the intent.
Ok, so I know. This is season 3? I set this one to record as I have heard so many good things. I can watch the first season(s) on Netflix to catch up.
i saw it yesterday and bought it on itunes today aswell. its an epic show, I'm already saving up for a harley... inspiration
  • Oppa
  • 09-07-2011, 01:18 PM
I believe this is Season 4 beginning.

Season 1 was the pilot season. Season 2 was the appearance of the white supremacy group (Henry Rollins with a recurring role). Season 3 was centered around Belfast and getting Jax's son back.

The guy that plays Jax is an actor named Charlie Hunnam, who's English. You'd never guess it though, he does an incredible job masking his accent.
Ok...so...based on the current posts...and I'm just taking a stab at this here....I take it the show is good?

<note sarcasm>

I think season 1 is out on bluray...with these kind or reviews....time to hit Amazon...besides I need to see if Spartacus: Gods of the Arena is out yet...
Yes Elisabeth,

The MEDIA are in consensus...."SONS of Anarchy" is good, sweaty, fighting fun.

They blew away a Federal agent and some mean mofo Russians. Something tells me some of the main characters might be killed off this season.
They blew away a really bad federal agent last year as well.

This year, though, it does seem as if there may be some crumbling of SamCro this year.

And yes. It's a great show. A couple of years ago, I asked a friend of mine to suggest a few shows to watch since I had just gotten a television and was trying to start watching a few things. (I used to be a "I don't watch television" snob)

She had suggested this show. It took a year or so for me to start actually watching it and she probably didn't know how much that I would enjoy this program. I enjoy the program "Breaking Bad", also.

But it doesn't have the visual punch and characters that appeal to me like Sons does. And I just love Katy Sagal's character.

Elisabeth
Ok...so...based on the current posts...and I'm just taking a stab at this here....I take it the show is good?

<note sarcasm>

I think season 1 is out on bluray...with these kind or reviews....time to hit Amazon...besides I need to see if Spartacus: Gods of the Arena is out yet... Originally Posted by Ghostdncer
I'd like to see that Spartacus show as well!

They blew away a really bad federal agent last year as well.
Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
Was that the lady? I can't remember what happened to her.
  • Oppa
  • 09-08-2011, 07:57 AM
I used to be a "I don't watch television snob".
I'm not that kind of snob, but I'm pretty particular about what I watch if it's not sports.

I was a huge devoted follower of The Sopranos. I will still watch the edited re-runs on A&E on Sunday mornings. Also a big fan of Six Feet Under. I watched the series finale of Rescue Me last night (big Denis Leary fan). Now that Rescue Me is off the air, Sons is pretty much the only show that I will schedule to watch.
All my shows which are mainly Fx shows have basically come to an end. The Shield, Nip/Tuck and Rescue me are all gone. Never watched Sons but i have heard it was good. Any other suggestions on a new and good shows.
homie
Sons of Anarchy
Boardwalk Empire
Games of Thrones
True Blood
Falling Skies

In descending order

Not much else after that