"Food goes in the sandbox"

While I have to disagree with that statement by Pistolero I think this wing thing needs further discussion.

Where the hell can you get a great wing in Pittsburgh these days? How about out of Pittsburgh? And I dont wanna hear any crap about the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, its WAY overrated. And nothing about OK wings or halfway decent ones either. I'm talking about a wing that can at least be in the conversation about being the best.

Your thoughts if any?
While I have to disagree with that statement by Pistolero I think this wing thing needs further discussion.

Where the hell can you get a great wing in Pittsburgh these days? How about out of Pittsburgh? And I dont wanna hear any crap about the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, its WAY overrated. And nothing about OK wings or halfway decent ones either. I'm talking about a wing that can at least be in the conversation about being the best.

Your thoughts if any? Originally Posted by amishgangster
Yea, the burgh is not known for wings.... you probably have a better chance finding a wing filled pierogie......
  • BSer
  • 03-14-2014, 09:56 AM
Wouldn't food in the sandbox get sandy? Fucking pistolero
Wouldn't food in the sandbox get sandy? Fucking pistolero Originally Posted by BSer
Those Texas guys will eat anything
Well, if you can make it to lunch, that place has good wings, as does Fat Heads, Armstrongs, Burghs and 2bros BBQ to name a few numnuts. Or, go to Fresh Market and get a couple pounds of their wings, primo.
  • BSer
  • 03-14-2014, 10:15 AM
Those Texas guys will eat anything Originally Posted by amishgangster
Yeah even semen!

My two favorite spots are sidelines in millvale and sewickly. Everyone that's eaten there agrees.

Hop house in greentree and Ross has decent wings but there honey jalapeņo is amazing ate 3dozen in one sitting!
Ive never been to sidelines, I'll have to check that out. I hate going to the bad side of town (South) even for great food.
Yea, the burgh is not known for wings.... you probably have a better chance finding a wing filled pierogie...... Originally Posted by travelnman0129
That actually sounds pretty yummy
Yea, the burgh is not known for wings.... you probably have a better chance finding a wing filled pierogie...... Originally Posted by travelnman0129
O....m.....f....g.... That sounds AMAZING! I have a pierogie press I'm going to try it!
You know what i forgot about fatheads they are pretty good i think i went there on a bar crawl one night and went to casey's(sp?)too.
The anchor bar is over rated best wings in my neck of the woods are a gross dive from the 70s called puzzle lounge and a hipster place called the Cherry lounge. Legit people ask where to go and People say"one of the lounges". In Buffalo my fav wings are from the bar in the millennium hotel OMG!
O....m.....f....g.... That sounds AMAZING! I have a pierogie press I'm going to try it!
You know what i forgot about fatheads they are pretty good i think i went there on a bar crawl one night and went to casey's(sp?)too.
The anchor bar is over rated best wings in my neck of the woods are a gross dive from the 70s called puzzle lounge and a hipster place called the Cherry lounge. Legit people ask where to go and People say"one of the lounges". In Buffalo my fav wings are from the bar in the millennium hotel OMG! Originally Posted by Lexxxy
Running to file the patent......50/50?
I'm thinking garlic mashed redskin potatoes, cheddar cheese, and chopped up chicken dipped in hot sauce
Wings Suds & Spuds in Moon right by the old Sports Health Spa
I can't say I'm any kind of wing connoisseur, but the wings at Bigham Tavern in Mt Washington are pretty damn good. Way, way better than anything I've ever had at places like Quaker Steak or Buffalo Wild Wings.
Quaker Steak and lube, Ok but not the best.
BWW I've never been so no opinion on them.
Bigham has some tasty ones.
Rockys in Carnegie used to have good ones, the whole wings but they are only soso now.

Still searching for ones I can say are the best I've had.
so far it would be the ones from a roadside stand during the Pike festival in Washington County.
I'm thinking garlic mashed redskin potatoes, cheddar cheese, and chopped up chicken dipped in hot sauce Originally Posted by Lexxxy
Dinner invite please