SMU Disinvites Daughter of Slain DPD Officer

Blown away by the moronic PC attitude on our college campuses, but I must admit I didn't expect this at SMU.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/12...ity-worry.html

So wrong on so many levels. With SMU's conservative donor base, I predict this is going to cost them some big dollars. It's been picked up by Breitbart, Fox News, Washington Times and other conservative sites.

And people wonder why Trump won the election ....
Wow, thanks for sharing the article and to quote the Intro for the old Monty Python program, "And now for something totally different (feel free to insert Stupid!)...

Let's do something totally insensitive and disrespectful "especially in regards to the sensitivity of this matter", but, it won't be as sensitive after the game so we can honor you "and they are invited to stay after the game for an autograph session with the players, if you like?"

Asswipes!! If I was Victoria's team I would pull out completely from the event and hold a news conference why. Maybe some entitled Liberal dumbass would lose his/her job due to the negative exposure...Utterly disrespectful and insensitive to this officer's entire family.

It's unbelievable to me that in today's world people in authority, who can have such a great impact and set an example, can in a roundabout way say, "We'd like to care, but we really don't!"

That's all the greatest leaders of this world from the beginning of time have really done is said, "You know what, I am 3rd, the Creator is 1st, all of humanity is second, but I am third on the Love and Respect Chain for the World".
Why are you surprised? Comedians for years have avoided college campuses for years due to the PCness. Maybe DPD should be slow to respond to calls at SMU.
Lots of media attention on this so I will not even try to post links. That said, one interview I heard that young girl said (and I am paraphrasing) "I will only step onto the floor of that gym (SMU) when I am competing against them". (And she had aspirations of attending SMU.) Well said.
One man's PC is another man's insensitivity.

Eighteen consecutive months of outrageous insults and slander from the political right directed at most of the population...no problem. A kid won't be hitting a volleyball...it's a national tradgedy.
Why are you surprised? Comedians for years have avoided college campuses for years due to the PCness. Maybe DPD should be slow to respond to calls at SMU. Originally Posted by pyramider
Not in Dallas and DPD has no jurisdiction there.
One man's PC is another man's insensitivity.

Eighteen consecutive months of outrageous insults and slander from the political right directed at most of the population...no problem. A kid won't be hitting a volleyball...it's a national tradgedy. Originally Posted by SisterTwister

I know right, it's about time for Hillary to back under her rock.
PC for everything is KILLING this county just saying!
PC for everything is KILLING this county just saying! Originally Posted by rexdutchman
We just elected a future dictator whose got a full blown Neo-Nazi selected to be running his cabinet.

But yea PC is what we should be concerned about.
Man...there is so much wrong in this thread. This isn't about left or right, it's about right or wrong.

You know, at the end of the day, we have to learn to get along. If we keep buying in to the divisive hate the MSM sells, we'll all continue to be their serfs.

The far right is ideologically no different than the far left. I've always felt the far left, being the intellectuals, should know better though.

My personal politics are traditional centrist Republican, which makes me a centrist or center-left Dem today. Donald is a center-left Republican. While this experiment will likely end up badly for the USA, I give it a 1 in 4 chance he'll be a great President. See, the one thing, the only thing that Donald has going for him is that he's not one of them. The only problem is that the same thing happened with Thaksin in TH and the Brexit thingie, and the serfs trick fucked themselves into even more indenturement. Blame it all on the non-white folks..brilliant.

But I don't see the Fifth Reich or anything like that. I also don't see him bringing back any factory jobs that got exported due to NAFTA, etc., but that's his problem to solve, not yours or mine. He better solve it quick because he's got one term written all over him otherwise.