Want to Know Why You Can't Trust Congress?

I believe in the citizen's right to petition their government....so I believe lobbyists play an important role that should be constitutionally protected. But the rules are broken. Most notably, the revolving door whereby congressional aids/white house staffers jump to well paying private sector jobs to peddle influence. That needs to stop.

But the only real solution is to decentralize. Return power to the states.

GE would find it more difficult to lobby 50 statehouses to get favorable legislation approved. Right now it is one stop shopping in Washington DC. Citizen Joe is cut out of the process.

The added bonus of returning the power to the states is that Citizen Joe can easily lobby his own representative. It is much easier for me to go to Austin and get access than Washington. Also, I am more likely to know my State House representative, run in to him/her at the grocery store or baseball game. More local is better !
Amen to that!
  • WTF
  • 12-18-2012, 05:56 PM
I believe in the citizen's right to petition their government....so I believe lobbyists play an important role that should be constitutionally protected. But the rules are broken. Most notably, the revolving door whereby congressional aids/white house staffers jump to well paying private sector jobs to peddle influence. That needs to stop.

But the only real solution is to decentralize. Return power to the states.

GE would find it more difficult to lobby 50 statehouses to get favorable legislation approved. Right now it is one stop shopping in Washington DC. Citizen Joe is cut out of the process.

The added bonus of returning the power to the states is that Citizen Joe can easily lobby his own representative. It is much easier for me to go to Austin and get access than Washington. Also, I am more likely to know my State House representative, run in to him/her at the grocery store or baseball game. More local is better ! Originally Posted by Whirlaway
WTF is this BullShit.

Why you think it ok for State government to run your life instead of the Federal Government is beyond me. Neither should. We should have universial Laws that give the individual rights. Not the State or Fed's. Fuc that State Right shit. It is no better than the Fed's.
WTF is an anarchist !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• WTF
  • 12-18-2012, 06:11 PM
What's your point Whirly!

My point is i think your overreaction is funny!

Lighten up....
Is Abramhoff out of prison yet?