“My phone died”

I hate it when that happens!!
I hate it when that happens!! Originally Posted by austin88998833
Are you complaining about someone who stood you up?

Funny phrase to see right now, because mine actually did die today. Just after the latest update and days after the one year warranty expired on my 11 Pro Max, it went kaput.

I just got back home from buying the iPhone 12 Pro Max.

Apple… What a bunch of scammers. I guess this is going to be an annual purchase for me from here on out. Grrrrr

Funny phrase to see right now, because mine actually did die today. Just after the latest update and days after the one year warranty expired on my 11 Pro Max, it went kaput.

Apple… What a bunch of scammers. I guess this is going to be an annual purchase for me from here on out. Grrrrr Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
I told a certain provider recently, that even if your phone did, in fact actually die, don’t tell anyone that. Instead, make up something else. Because folks will automatically call bullshit as soon as you say “I’m sorry, my phone died”. (Eye roll)
The phone graveyard in Hobbyville is densely populated.
I fell asleep is another.
Sorry duplicate
I fell asleep is another. Originally Posted by Rockydoc
I got a two-fer on that recently. My phone died and I fell asleep. Had no alarm well, because my phone died. SMH!!
I told a certain provider recently, that even if your phone did, in fact actually die, don’t tell anyone that. Instead, make up something else. Because folks will automatically call bullshit as soon as you say “I’m sorry, my phone died”. (Eye roll) Originally Posted by austin88998833
Well I had nothing hobby related planned today... Just errands to prepare for my overnight tomorrow!

So my poor dead phone didn’t leave anyone disappointed except me. That fiasco occupied a huge chunk of my day that could have been better utilized.

I rarely ever cancel appointments… But if I have to cancel, I typically add a little bit of extra time on the next one to make up for it.

I totally get your point, though. It’s very frustrating when people cancel last minute with silly excuses… Or just plain stand you up. It happens on both sides of the fence.
Well I had nothing hobby related planned today... Just errands to prepare for my overnight tomorrow!

So my poor dead phone didn’t leave anyone disappointed except me. That fiasco occupied a huge chunk of my day that could have been better utilized.

I rarely ever cancel appointments… But if I have to cancel, I typically add a little bit of extra time on the next one to make up for it.

I totally get your point, though. It’s very frustrating when people cancel last minute with silly excuses… Or just plain stand you up. It happens on both sides of the fence. Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
Point being is if someone feels compelled to lie with excuses, at least be creative about it. My phone died has become passé.

Apple… What a bunch of scammers. I guess this is going to be an annual purchase for me from here on out. Grrrrr Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
I'm convinced that part of the "update" iPhones get is the self destruct codes when the phone is paid off or out of warranty. Thankful for my Android.
I would love to hear something so outlandish that I laugh. A meteor crashed through the roof, I’m fixing it now. My boyfriend just left me and joined the circus. I have to pick up a client from an outpatient penile reduction.
I would love to hear something so outlandish that I laugh. A meteor crashed through the roof, I’m fixing it now. My boyfriend just left me and joined the circus. I have to pick up a client from an outpatient penile reduction. Originally Posted by Picksix
How about this: Around 11 am, receive a text message that a family emergency has come up and can the appointment be moved up (from 7 pm) to 11:30‽
Lol, I received the dreaded my phone died eight days later.
I'm convinced that part of the "update" iPhones get is the self destruct codes when the phone is paid off or out of warranty. Thankful for my Android. Originally Posted by hogmanjones
I am convinced of that as well. Unfortunately, everything I have is Apple and my phone coordinates with all my other technology.

I guess I will just have to suck it up & look at it as the cost of doing business… Can’t be a call girl without a phone!! LOL
How about this: Around 11 am, receive a text message that a family emergency has come up and can the appointment be moved up (from 7 pm) to 11:30‽ Originally Posted by techiedad36
A provider did something like this with me. No family emergency. She'd simply forgotten her other plans. I explained that, unfortunately, I'd set up the appointment for a specific time because that was the only time I could meet.

"Other people have no trouble rescheduling," she replied, like it was my fault I couldn't just rearrange my schedule to suit her faulty memory.

Long story short, the date was canceled and I've never met her.

I don't consider it a loss.