stop a pop up

Hey I just switched over top mozilla as my browser from IE (doesnt happen there) and now Im getting a pop up everytime I click on a new thread section.....very annoying....How do stop it

Not very computer literate?

Thanks

BD

Heres the header/banner

Attachment 297674
Join the Club.
It is happening all the time now.
it's a pain.
They will have to remove it, they have it built into their software, to run every time you change screens on their site.
Just look at all the Ad's they are running on the site.
we are talking about MONEY my friend. each one of these company's that ECCIE posts Ad's have to pay for that Space.
Nothing is free, I heard that from a Provider.
  • Modda
  • 03-20-2014, 08:38 AM
Go to Mozilla add-ons and install AdBlock and play around with that plugin.
Or spend time on other sites that have same concept and no pop-ups.

Seriously Modda, telling customers of this site to deal with this themselves, concerning annoyances that are created/authorized by this sites management, is simply not cool.
  • LNK
  • 03-21-2014, 07:31 AM
Whoops. Double post, see below.
  • LNK
  • 03-21-2014, 07:31 AM
I'm shocked he said anything at all, much less suggested AdBlock. Many forums, when someone brings up AdBlock or other similar plugins, will censor, because those ads are money, and if they're blocked, the site gets nothing.

I only get the pop up about once or twice a day at most. I'm using Chrome, and do not have AdBlock installed.
With Chrome the only way I can deal with the popups is disable Javascript on this domain. I don't mind an occasional pop up. But when it pops up and you try to close it and asks are you sure???? Fuck that shit.
With Chrome the only way I can deal with the popups is disable Javascript on this domain. I don't mind an occasional pop up. But when it pops up and you try to close it and asks are you sure???? Fuck that shit. Originally Posted by royamcr
Exactly, classic virus plant.

And by the way, some folks want pop-ups to occur, due to game sites or other needs. So why would anyone want to have to change their browser settings whenever they change sites? And some professionals, who remote monitor equipment located elsewhere, use automated reporting that uses pop-ups. I suppose I could use a different machine, I have a few. But frankly it's easier to play on a non-ecchy (intentional) northern Midwest board, or a couple of the east coast boards, as I travel there frequently.