Exotic Cars

Just wondering if anyone here owns an exotic car or cars. As in Lambos, Ferrari's, Vipers, Mclarens, Koeninsegg? I would be very surprised, and a Veyron? I would be REALLY surprised.
Just wondering if anyone here owns an exotic car or cars. As in Lambos, Ferrari's, Vipers, Mclarens, Koeninsegg? I would be very surprised, and a Veyron? I would be REALLY surprised. Originally Posted by geddon436
Just curious ....... Why would you be so surprised ??????
I've seen several Lambos in my city and I always act like a foolish groupie waving at the car and cheesing at the driver. I only know of one hobbyist in my area that has a Maserati.

Is a Porsche still considered high end?
Because a Koeninsegg costs upwards of $500,000 and a bugatti veyron cause $ 1 million
Yes, porsche is still a high end car.
  • HB13
  • 12-03-2012, 09:18 PM
I don't think anyone will fess up to it.

For such exotic sports cars, most people like to show them off & go to car shows, track days, events (Cruisin the Coast), and it would be way too easy to isolate & identify someone. And for them to say it on this kind of board? I don't think so. Hell why would an owner of a 1-2 million dollar Bugatti be on this type of board anyway? Maybe a sugar-baby / daddy site...

I'm an avid car hobbyist, and have a good memory of exotic cars, where I've seen them and who the drivers are (if I meet them at a show, or w/e). But over the last two months on my adventures from Baton Rouge, Nola & Gulfport / Biloxi at car shows, track days, "deserted road driving," Cruising the Coast, and just plain old road tripping (ignoring those seen at car lots), I've only seen the following around.

1 2013 Ford Mustang GT500 (the 662 hp kind)
1 Maserati Gran Turismo
1 Rolls Royce Phantom (driver had a "GF" with disgustingly huge MMs. More power to him since he bought a $400k non-sporty "status symbol" only car)
2 Audi S7/8's
2 Jaguar (XFs though)
2 Lamborghini Gallardos
2 Nissan GTRs
3 Porsche (1 Turbo & 2 Carreras, the other kinds don't count)
Dozens of Ferrari's at Ferrari Race Challenge at NOLA Motorsports park:
http://www.stuscully.com/OnTheLighte...8623&k=krM8KXX
12+ Vipers

0 Aston Martin
0 Bugatti
0 Koeninsegg
0/1 Lotus (saw one over a year ago)
0 McLaren

So it's very easy to identify people by their exotic cars.

Hell even non-expensive "rare" cars for the area would be easy to track as mainly enthusiasts buy those types of cars, since they're not rich status symbols. :
1 Mazda RX-7
2 BMW M3s
2 Ford F-150 Raptors
3 Mitsubishi Evolution X's
4 Subari STI's
That makes sense. I started thinkiing along those lines too. Why would guys who have that kind of money be on here. Wherever they go, the women would just flock to them. They would not have to worry about looking for them.

Wow. I never thought of a meeting spot with so many Ferrari's.

Yesterday while driving home, I was on I-10 in between Lafayette and Breaux Bridge, and I saw a Mclaren MP4-24C pass me by. It looked awesome
  • HB13
  • 12-03-2012, 09:46 PM
You might never know if it's just a car show driving you by:

For Example Top Gear (UK version) drove from Las Vegas to Mexico recently in an Aston Martin Vanquish, an SRT Viper, and a Lexus LFA.
http://jalopnik.com/5960992/top-gear...-to-hit-mexico
What about classics? I have 5 no later than the 40's
No one mentioned true classics.

Problem with a supercar in NOLA. You're too much a target for robbery and being hated on. Plus, it's a pain to get a supercar serviced in this city.

I drive a nice car, supercar for some, AMG something or other totally debadged (I won't specify because there are only a few in NOLA.) I live across the street from someone who has a ferrari, SLS AMG Gullwing, and a cache of porsches in his garage. Those are only the ones he keeps in New Orleans.

Supercars are definitely around, but most of the guys who have them have a non-descript daily driver. There's this guy uptown who turned a house into a garage, it's like a supercar showroom. From the street it looks like a shotgun, but he's got 20 ridiculous cars in it, SICK SICK SICK.

That makes sense. I started thinkiing along those lines too. Why would guys who have that kind of money be on here. Wherever they go, the women would just flock to them. They would not have to worry about looking for them.

Wow. I never thought of a meeting spot with so many Ferrari's.

Yesterday while driving home, I was on I-10 in between Lafayette and Breaux Bridge, and I saw a Mclaren MP4-24C pass me by. It looked awesome Originally Posted by geddon436
I own a few cars, my most expensive one is a 2012 Audi R8 GT, first car i purchased on my AMEX Centurion Card.
I had a 1989 Ferrari 328 some years ago, funny thing is these days I have a CL63 AMG stage 3 and it far outperforms the Ferrari that I drooled over buying years ago. It's amazing the horsepower that the engineers are getting out of powerplants these days.
I own one of each. Unfortunately it is preceded by Matchbox.
Pretty sure I've rubbed elbows with a few you you in this thread