major reason fo Russian invasion

Is the major reason that Putin feared Ukraine would join NATO ? And once that happened it would be too late for Russia to ever get it back ?
its a pretext. no one believes that.
Is the major reason that Putin feared Ukraine would join NATO ?

Is that a rhetorical question? Which I guess I now have to ask every time you proffer a question?

And once that happened it would be too late for Russia to ever get it back ? Originally Posted by VitaMan
Rhetorical or not?

I gotta give you credit, you aren't shy about making a fool of yourself. For at least 4 days now, a consensuses was reached that Putin did this because he wanted Ukraine and everything that comes from controlling Ukraine. It was a pretext.

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/ukrainealert/putins-worst-nightmare-is-ukrainian-independence-not-nato-expansion/

Vladimir Putin fears Ukrainian democracy not NATO expansion

You're just just trying a little to hard to be "relevant" here and you are failing miserably.
... Maybe... just maybe... Vita has a point.

And it's HIS thread - Relevant or not.

#### Salty
Hedonist is on TILT right now. After getting his head handed to him.

Or maybe too much vodka

Or maybe too much vodka Originally Posted by VitaMan

if you say so vitatroll

Crikey! ... Now let's NOT get silly.

He didn't get his-own head handed to him there.

### Salty
He has been at it all over the forum.

He thinks he is a genius, and clever, and just waiting for Trump to say it...like Putin.

And like his comments on pretext, his other posts are pretexts...for lies about other members.
I was gonna a start a thread on this idea. so, VM was nice enough to start one. lol.

so, heres what I think is going on with why putin is doing this. I don't think he wants all of ukraine, just parts of it.

1. He wants Ukraine binded to Russia the way Belarus is with a Pro-Russian president who doesn't mind rigging votes to stay in power. He lost Ukraine several years ago with the maiden revolution that overthrew a pro-russian president who fled to russia. he wants a puppet state obedient to Moscow.

2. he wants better access to the crimea peninusula where the russian navy port is based. so he wants luhansk, dontesk, Kherson and Zaporizhzhia oblast. I guess if he really wants to be mean, he can the rest of the ukraine coastline. he'd take Mykolaiv and Odessa Oblast which would make ukraine landlocked.
Maybe when Russia has the control they want in the Ukraine, and their mission is showing signs of being finished, perhaps we could send biden over there to be in charge of the troops withdrawal .....
Rhetorical or not?

I gotta give you credit, you aren't shy about making a fool of yourself. For at least 4 days now, a consensuses was reached that Putin did this because he wanted Ukraine and everything that comes from controlling Ukraine. It was a pretext.

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/ukrainealert/putins-worst-nightmare-is-ukrainian-independence-not-nato-expansion/

You're just just trying a little to hard to be "relevant" here and you are failing miserably. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
“A little to hard”? I know you were being sarcastic. But what an understatement!!!!!!!!
Says the poster with 35,000 posts. Who is trying hard to get attention ?
Is the major reason that Putin feared Ukraine would join NATO ? And once that happened it would be too late for Russia to ever get it back ? Originally Posted by VitaMan
Rhetorical or not?

You're just just trying a little to hard to be "relevant" here and you are failing miserably. Originally Posted by HedonistForever

the correct answer is all of the above. Putin does not want Ukraine to ever join NATO. a Democratic Ukraine is more agreeable to NATO to be admitted. but Ukraine is not a democratic country. they are quite possibly more corrupt politically than the US is. and Russia.

and that's saying something.

look at the actions of the savior of Ukraine, the bringer of true democracy, Zelensky's actions. he's as much of a dictator as Putin, suppressing news media, arresting political opponents. does that sound democratic to anyone?

actually it sounds like the Democratic party when they want massive censorship of anything but their narrative.
... Maybe... just maybe... Vita has a point.

And it's HIS thread - Relevant or not.

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again

Not sure who came up with this idea that a thread belongs to anybody or that the OP has the right to control it's content.

Sure he had a point and I countered it. Kinda what we do here, well some of us anyway.

Could you point out that factually incorrect statement please?