What's your plan?

If or when a threatened nuclear exchange were to happen, what is your plan? Something simple maybe like driving east or west or south with a specific place in mind? Maybe more complicated. You know a farm that has a good farmer and his four beautiful teenage daughters. He needs help guarding the farm and the daughters. If you're more of a bastard, maybe that farmer has what you want and need. So he's eliminated. Maybe you have more of a plan still...a little off grid cabin away from everyone, a very large, expensive boat on the coast. How about a nice six passenger plane at the local airport that no one will be watching. Stop by the local college, grab a couple of skilled co-eds and off you go to the Canadian wilderness.
Of course, you could be one of those guys holding onto your paper money, your stocks, your investments...all worthless now. So just straighten out your toes and give up.
No plan here. I deal with the consequences right where I'm at.
  • WTF
  • 03-04-2022, 01:34 PM
I feel sorry for anyone down wind of Barelycorn!
It doesn't matter.

Most of the posters here are already cave men anyway.
If or when a threatened nuclear exchange were to happen, what is your plan? Something simple maybe like driving east or west or south with a specific place in mind? Maybe more complicated. You know a farm that has a good farmer and his four beautiful teenage daughters. He needs help guarding the farm and the daughters. If you're more of a bastard, maybe that farmer has what you want and need. So he's eliminated. Maybe you have more of a plan still...a little off grid cabin away from everyone, a very large, expensive boat on the coast. How about a nice six passenger plane at the local airport that no one will be watching. Stop by the local college, grab a couple of skilled co-eds and off you go to the Canadian wilderness.
Of course, you could be one of those guys holding onto your paper money, your stocks, your investments...all worthless now. So just straighten out your toes and give up. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
If there is a Nuclear exchange keep in mind those that live through it the environment and everything in it will be contaminated.
I'll prolly just eat a fried pie. Warsh it down with a Dr. Pepper and have a dip of snuff.
If there is a Nuclear exchange keep in mind those that live through it the environment and everything in it will be contaminated. Originally Posted by Levianon17

And I have no doubt this is giving some "survivalist" a woody thinking they will finally get to use some of that crap they have been storing.

Me, no thanks, just means a little earlier than expected exit from this life not that I believe this is going to happen because I don't. Putin would actually have to be mad to think anything will be left of Russia or his precious legacy..
The Mrs has a plan.

If or when a threatened nuclear exchange were to happen, what is your plan? Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Simple answer to you question because I'm an 80's kid. I saw the movie "Red Dawn" then. The movie gave me and others the blueprint for the perfect plan to answer your question.

1st, you go to Michigan. 2nd, you find high school kids to hold off the Russians while their parents are in concentration camps. 3rd, you arm the kids with assault weapons to fight the Russians. Lastly, you wait until the American troops come in and the Russians surrender and leave.

Easy peasey and that's the plan if you want to survive. Oh, and wear a MAGA hat too so you can fool them into thinking you are fighting with them and not against them.
... Go on with ya, mate - that's waaaay too much work.

You'll surely STILL be tellin' us that America is
better off with Biden running things...

#### Salty
Biden living rent free in your head 24 / 7.

This thread has nothing to do with Biden. Yet somehow, you manage to include it. Very unprofessional.
Simple answer to you question because I'm an 80's kid. I saw the movie "Red Dawn" then. The movie gave me and others the blueprint for the perfect plan to answer your question.

1st, you go to Michigan. 2nd, you find high school kids to hold off the Russians while their parents are in concentration camps. 3rd, you arm the kids with assault weapons to fight the Russians. Lastly, you wait until the American troops come in and the Russians surrender and leave.

Easy peasey and that's the plan if you want to survive. Oh, and wear a MAGA hat too so you can fool them into thinking you are fighting with them and not against them. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
Why Michigan, Red Dawn took place in Colorado.
In the mid 1980s I trained as a Nuclear Medicine TYechnologist, doing treadmill testing on patients with isotopes. This training involved a good bit of radiation safety stuff. Then the Chernobile disaster happened and I got to looking more deeply into that and the WW-II bombing of Japan.

Beleive me folks, if there is a general Nuclear War . . .you do not want to survive it. My plan is to live in a major city that is sure to be vaporized.
But will we still have to wear masks due to covid?

bahahahahhahahahhahahaha snick
Why Michigan, Red Dawn took place in Colorado. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Why must you keep confusing people with facts. It's easier to escape into Canada from Michigan ... although not as easy as sneaking into Texas along the Southern Border.