QVC balks at Jane Fonda’s VC ties?

"Fonda says QVC told her of receiving 'a lot of calls' from viewers criticizing her opposition to the Vietnam War and threatening to boycott the show if she was allowed to appear."

http://www.cleveland.com/people/inde...y_appeara.html
  • coven
  • 07-18-2011, 02:25 PM
Amen! It's about time to let the new generation know about Hanoi Jane and her idiotic rants about the men that gave their lives in Viet Nam.
Ditto.
I am a pretty easy going person, I have forgiven, and forgot, a lot of things in life.

But, as a Vietnam Veteran, I simply cannot forget what Jane Fonda did in 1972.

Granted, she has opologized on several occasions for the actions she took, but as many know, these coincided with major movie releases.

The freedom of Speech is a sacred right granted to us by our Constitution. Since we never actually declared war during the Vietnam Conflict, the idea of "treason" was never an issue, She was a citizen expressing Her disfavor with American Policy.

But, there are some things that, to many of us, cannot be forgiven. Hell, I hated that damned war as much as anybody, but to see that sanctomonious bitch make Her movies, and millions, and later pretend that it was no big deal is a little too much.

Sorry if it offends any one.