ABU GHRAIB PART II

Well, that's really to be proud of.
And then people don't understand why american troops are hated in so many countries.
I saw this after I read an article about all the females in the army that get raped and have nowhere to go.

Yeah, makes you real proud.

http://rt.com/usa/news/us-afghan-urinate-military-571/
Maybe we should quit trying to be the world's policeman, and dehumanizing our enemies. I have trouble blaming the soldiers in this case. We train them to hate. There is no way they could kill fellow humans if the enemy weren't dehumanized. This is a failure of policy more than character. We have to find a better way to influence the world other than by killing.
Wow, I TOTALLY AGREE with you.
............... We train them to hate. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Just when I think you couldn't say anything more stupid ...you always seem to out do yourself COG.
Sorry to disappoint you with facts, Your Assholiness.
COG, he just doesn't know what to say, he's probably a little bit disappointed!
How could his heroes do this to him........................... ...

And then surprised that veterans have a hard time to find a job?
I disagree with you COG. you can fight an enemy without hating the individuals involved. In the main, U.S. soldiers treated prisoners (and corpses) honorably in both world wars. These soldiers are scum and should be turned over to the JAG and courtmartialed.
Again, TTH, you would be more believable if you knew what you were talking about.
On second thought, I do agree with TTH
An isolated incident, that Waverunner shamefuly used to compare to Abu Grab.

And the Taliban are thrilled to have your comparison.
An isolated incident, that Waverunner shamefuly used to compare to Abu Grab.

And the Taliban are thrilled to have your comparison. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
ISOLATED INCIDENT?
LOL, YOU'RE SO FUNNY.

RICK PERRY IS ANOTHER ISOLATED INCIDENT?

AND GEORGE BUSH ALSO?

OR.......................MAYBE .............................. .......
IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH.......................... ..............

TEXAS WAY OF LIFE?
I side with President Kennedy on this issue; http://www.jfklibrary.org/Research/R...sociation.aspx
On second thought, I do agree with TTH Originally Posted by waverunner234
Whew! Thanks! I was worried for a moment that common sense and clarity had taken possession of you. That would be a bit scary.

" We train them to hate." by COG.

You should have saved that one for a veterans day thread COG.

I'm sure some one would be more than happy to tell you about the "facts".
It is not a put down of our servicemen and women, but that is a fact. I respect and honor all our citizens in uniform, which is why I don't think the soldiers in question should be fully held accountable for their actions. It is part of their training to dehumanize the enemy, otherwise they wouldn't be able to kill them. I appreciate everything they do for me, and I respect the sacrifices they must make. This is one of the reasons I am so opposed to war, unless we are genuinely threatened. The human toll from war includes many more than just the dead and injured. Why do you think so many of our soldiers come back with some sort of PTSD? Why is the rate of suicide so high among combat veterans? They can't reconcile what they have done with who they are. It's a horrible price to pay. This is why we must stop sending them into stupid and illegal wars. If we truly respected our soldiers, we would never send them into combat unless the US was directly and genuinely threatened.

That's the way it is, Your Assholiness. Now STFU.