Reprieves for 20 convicted murders

This speaks for itself.

"On his way out the door, the governor approved full pardons for nearly 200 people, including 14 convicted murderers, according to documents the Mississippi secretary of state's office released Tuesday.

Barbour, who served eight years in the governor's office, had previously granted full pardons to three other convicted killers in 2008. Another three were awarded conditional or indefinite releases during his time in office -- meaning the governor, in total, granted reprieves to 20 convicted murderers, the documents showed.
Since the conservative governor took office in 2004, 222 people were granted clemency for a wide variety of crimes. Those who have been granted full pardons include shoplifters, rapists, burglars and embezzlers.
There were also a number who were found guilty of either manslaughter or homicide, who were given unconditional pardons."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/12/justice/mississippi-pardons/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
This is bizarre. What the hell was he thinking?
  • WTF
  • 01-12-2012, 07:57 AM
I was shocked.

And to think that the GOP was thinking about having him make a run for President at one time!

I'm not sure he could get elected dog catcher now!
This is bizarre. What the hell was he thinking? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Good question. It would seem like he wasn't. There must be some type of connection that repays a favor to a relative or some such.
I was shocked.

And to think that the GOP was thinking about having him make a run for President at one time!

I'm not sure he could get elected dog catcher now! Originally Posted by WTF
The presidential candidate thing was the first thing I thought of.
He has always been a lobbyist in one way or another.
I understand that most of them were servants at the governor's mansion.