Godspeed John Glenn

Marine, astronaut, US senator, an old fashioned hero. Gone at 95.
That was a man.
Donald J. Trump
(@realDonaldTrump)
"Today we lost a great pioneer of air and space in John Glenn. He was a hero and inspired generations of future explorers. He will be missed."
Watched him from liftoff to splashdown in 1962. A genuine hero.
That was a man. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
True, but that does not make sense to a lib. You might confuse them.

Plus, the libs will probably burn a figure of him in effigy due to his high carbon footprint from his earth orbit flight.
The Right Stuff.
Watched him from liftoff to splashdown in 1962. A genuine hero. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

Ditto!

Fifty-nine combat missions in WWII F4U Corsairs -- "Whistling Death" -- in the Pacific War.

R.I.P. John Glenn.
The Right Stuff. Originally Posted by bambino

the best of the best. his portrayal in the "The Right Stuff" is awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZinWApMjl8

Ditto!

Fifty-nine combat missions in WWII F4U Corsairs -- "Whistling Death" -- in the Pacific War.

R.I.P. John Glenn.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
The F4U Corsair, the same aircraft that Greg " Pappy " Boyington and his band of misfits used to great success against the Japanese ! HEll of an aircraft ! ( Any one remember the Baa Baa Black Sheep T.V. show ? )
I know I'll probably get ripped for this, but here goes : I absolutely salute what he did as a (1): Marine Aviator, (2) Test Pilot, And ( 3) Astronaut. I have a problem with what he did as a Senator and muscling a ride on the space shuttle at 77 years old considering that he was against women participating in the space shuttle program. ( Wonder what shrilLIARy and the rest of the PC feminazis think of him being a Democrat now ! ) He was also one of the " Keating Five " Senators way back when.
Interesting anecdote about his military career, he set a coast-to-coast speed record in a F8-U Corsair and as he passed over his home town , hauling ass and setting off a sonic boom , a childhood neighbor ran to his house and yelled " Johnny dropped a bomb ! Johnny dropped a bomb ! Johnny dropped a bomb ! "
Like I said, I salute his work in the military and at NASA. As a Senator, not so much. But at least he wasn't a far left as those pricks and " axe gashes " , as assup the lyin liberal calls women, as are occupying a Senate seat a fugging the taxpayer at every turn now-a-days !

The last of the Magnificent 7..

Where do we get such men?

God speed John Glenn
The Right Stuff, indeed.

Godspeed!
I was 15 when Glenn orbited the Earth. My entire class at high school was on pins and needles.

I was less impressed in later years as he entered the Political Arena. But I can put that aside in honoring one of America's great heroes.