Waco Kid's College Football Week 14

What is Waco Kid's Weekly College Football Review? It is an ongoing weekly review of all things College Football!!

Each week upcoming games can be discussed and predictions made, name-calling after victories and general all-around college football discussion! Each week will be closed out by the next Monday and a new thread opened for the current college football schedule for each week.

Rules -

"Rules?? We don't need no stinkin’ rules!”

Actually we do.

WKWCFR rule 1

"Lies, damn lies and statistics!"

British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli

If you quote a stat, record, 3rd down conversion rate, an all-time mark or the number of jock straps an 85-man team needs ...

Post it! If you can't post a link to it, it's bogus!
What's valid in the Internet age? Just about anything! Any of the major sports publications, local newspapers, any of the big networks and official school and NCAA sites just to cover the big ones.

WKWCFR rule 2

Predictions must be posted 1 day in advance! If you haven't read the sports page and figgured out who's going to win by the day before ya never will!

Must be time stamped before Midnight the day before game-day, for any weekly games Thur-Sun on the current weekly schedule.

So there you have it, pretty basic! You can post on general topics of your favorite teams regardless of that week's opponent. Just remember WKWCFR rule 1

Polls
Winner: W Va
Holgerson finds being a head coach harder than it looks, except on payday.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Winner: Oregon
Can a lame duck coach beat the Ducks? Not fuckin' way.

Winner: Houston
Houston should win this game even if Brett Farve suited up for his old team.

Winner: Kansas St.
Snyder has K State wildkitties growling again. Amazing.

Winner: TCU
Patty proves the froggies can continue to play strong year after year.

Winner: Texas
Our defense does what others couldn't, contain RGIII enough to win.

Winner: LSU
Never been wrong about Lester all year, why stop now?

Winner: Boise St.
Smurfs roll over hapless N Mexico.

Winner: Va Tech
going all in with Beamerball.

Winner: Oklahoma St.
Here's your big chance Cowpokes. take out ZerOU.

Winner: Michigan St.
Wisconsin was my early pick for the BCS title game. They let me down so i'll go with Sparty.

And it's goodbye to A&M for Shermy. You is fired! What started as a potential (sic) National Championship year imploded into a so-so 6-6 season where "little brother" A&M couldn't close a game. Welcome to the SEC A&M. Ahaha.

I said A&M should have hired Art Briles when they ditched Franny the Fraud. Now who will they hire? Hard to say since they are likely to fire the AD as well. Or he'll retire since he supported keeping Shermy. If so then they will allow the new AD to make the hire. I wonder if The Pirate wishes he hadn't signed with Washington State now? He would have been a great hire. They could go after Sumlin, Houston's coach. Either way A&M is in full nuclear meltdown on the eve of their move to the toughest conference in College Football. Hahaha.

Thanks for the memories (and all those wins) A&M.
let's see

1. a$m gets no money out of the Big 12 this year

2. a$m has sold very few of the suites, for which they borrow money to build

3. how much money does a$m have to pay for the rest of his contract?

found it on Espn Dallas

Sherman, 25-25 in four seasons at A&M, had three years remaining on his contract and the buyout will be about $5.8 million. He was given a one-year extension to his original contract in July, but it was never executed. However, Sherman believes he is owed $8.8 million, a source told ESPN.com's Joe Schad.

big time trouble a$m!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
let's see

1. a$m gets no money out of the Big 12 this year

2. a$m has sold very few of the suites, for which they borrow money to build

3. how much money does a$m have to pay for the rest of his contract?

found it on Espn Dallas

Sherman, 25-25 in four seasons at A&M, had three years remaining on his contract and the buyout will be about $5.8 million. He was given a one-year extension to his original contract in July, but it was never executed. However, Sherman believes he is owed $8.8 million, a source told ESPN.com's Joe Schad.

big time trouble a$m!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
You think T Boone might lend them a few bucks? LOL.

Just get 'er done at Bedlam Cowpokes. Get 'er Done!

Boone was at a$m but could not make the bball team or something like that, google him another a$m mistake

I will do it for you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T._Boone_Pickens

yea, get er done, if we do not win tomorrow we never will, I learned today that Blackman was in a boot last year and Weeden was also beat up, I say we win by 14 without Austin Box(rip) and others that are injured

I was thinking about watching in on tv but it was 41 today and not that bad, with a little thermal underwear and other layering I will attend
YAHOO,
GOT HER DONE
Well done Cowpokes. at least one of us is happy, can't say the Baylor game turned out well for us.

By far the best conference title game was the the Big Ten game Wisconsin v Michigan State. Went down the the wire and yes i do think that running into the kicker penalty was a tad cheap. But the Zebras made their call and Sparty will just have to live with it. It negated a GREAT punt return by Sparty that would have, barring a Romo-like calamity at least tied it on a field goal. I picked Sparty by the way.

LSU once again responded to an early UGA surge in typical Lester fashion and destroyed UGA. There's a long list of teams looking to take on LSU including your Cowpokes. Sorry but i think Alabama is going to out-point you and get its re-match with Lester.

Still, at least one half of my early season BCS title game picks, LSU is looking good. Wisconsin rebounded but they like many others have to wonder what might have been.

So strike up the Tiger Rag Cajuns i'll pick you to win the Big Crystal Ball no matter who you play. Which will make LSU the only school in the BCS era with 3 balls hangin'. LOL.

http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/LSU__Tiger_Rag.mp3
I'm here to take my medicine. We got our asses stomped. I wouldn't let those weak little fu*ks go to the Independance Bowl. But, we may take U of Puke-Orange's usual place in the Holiday Bowl...the conference needs the money, I guess.

But, FYI, though I may have my pants down and wrists strapped to my ankles, I COULD have eaten at Pancho's and had a whole box of Exlax for dessert....heh heh heh.
I'm here to take my medicine. We got our asses stomped. I wouldn't let those weak little fu*ks go to the Independance Bowl. But, we may take U of Puke-Orange's usual place in the Holiday Bowl...the conference needs the money, I guess.

But, FYI, though I may have my pants down and wrists strapped to my ankles, I COULD have eaten at Pancho's and had a whole box of Exlax for dessert....heh heh heh. Originally Posted by Randy4Candy
Well thanks for another brilliantly intelligent, witty and insightful post R4C.
Winner: W Va
Holgerson finds being a head coach harder than it looks, except on payday.

22 W Virginia 30

S Florida 27
West Va finds some offense just in time. Welcome to the Big 12 (again) Mountaineers.

Winner: Oregon
Can a lame duck coach beat the Ducks? Not fuckin' way.

Ducks piss on Rickster and UCLA to roll to the first PAC 12 title. If not for USC you might have out-pointed Bama and gotten a rematch with LSU. Is that good thing??

Winner: Houston
Houston should win this game even if Brett Farve suited up for his old team.

24 Sthrn Miss 49
7 Houston 28
Not sure if Southern Miss channeled their inner Farve or if Houston forgot their defense? Both.

Winner: Kansas St.
Snyder has K State wildkitties growling again. Amazing.

Iowa St 23
16 Kansas St 30
Is Bill Snyder in the College Football Hall of Fame yet?

Winner: TCU
Patty proves the froggies can continue to play strong year after year.

UNLV 9
18 TCU 56
Sorry about that momentary lack of faith against Boise St, Patty. Welcome home Froggies.

Winner: Texas
Our defense does what others couldn't, contain RGIII enough to win.

Texas 24
19 Baylor 48
We had a 10-2 (or better) defense and 7-5 offense. RGIII strike the pose.

Winner: LSU
Never been wrong about Lester all year, why stop now?

12 Georgia 10
1 LSU 42
Debate all you want about who's number 2, there ain't NO debate about who's Number 1. Roar Mikey.

Winner: Boise St.
Smurfs roll over hapless N Mexico.

New Mexico 0
9 Boise St 45
And roll on da Smurfs do, but they'll remember the one that got away. Welcome to coaching Hell Bob Davie. Ahaha.

Winner: Va Tech
going all in with Beamerball.

5 VA Tech 10
21 Clemson 38
Dabo sheds the ghost of Tommy Bowden in a major way and proves me wrong. This time.

Winner: Oklahoma St.
Here's your big chance Cowpokes. take out ZerOU.

13 Oklahoma 10
3 Okla St 44
Got 'er Done, Cowpokes, in style. You also wonder what might have been.

Winner: Michigan St.
Wisconsin was my early pick for the BCS title game. They let me down so i'll go with Sparty.

15 Wisconsin 42
11 Michigan St 39
Easily the best title game of the weekend.
What we learned week 14

OLIN BUCHANAN
Baylor QB Robert Griffin should win the Heisman. He has posted gaudy statistics, guided a perennially weak team to nine victories and led clutch drives for last-second wins over TCU and Oklahoma. All that was missing from RGIII’s Heisman resume was a stellar performance against a strong defensive team. Add that one now. Griffin took care of the final issue by throwing for 320 yards and two touchdowns and rushing for two touchdowns in leading the Bears to a 48-24 victory over Texas, which was ranked ninth in the nation in total defense. Whether that performance will take enough votes away from Stanford’s Andrew Luck and Alabama’s Trent Richardson is the question, but Griffin proved himself against the Longhorns.

DAVID FOX
Tyrann Mathieu may have taken Case Keenum’s spot on Heisman ballots. The top three or four spots in the balloting probably are close to certain among Montee Ball, Robert Griffin, Andrew Luck and Trent Richardson, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there are a few changes on some ballots as a result of championship week. Tyrann Mathieu’s game against Georgia was reminiscent of the game Nebraska’s Ndamukong Suh had against Texas in the Big 12 title game in 2009. Suh had 12 tackles and 4.5 sacks that day. Against Georgia, Mathieu returned a punt for a touchdown, recovered a fumble to set up LSU’s go-ahead score in the third quarter and had another acrobatic punt return to set up an another touchdown. Meanwhile, Case Keenum probably slipped off some ballots as Houston lost its bid for an undefeated season. Keenum was 31-of-67 for 373 yards with two touchdowns and two interceptions, good enough to win for some teams, but not for Houston. I don’t know if Mathieu will make it to New York, as Suh did. Perhaps Mathieu doesn’t deserve to go, either. Mathieu was awfully quiet over a span of four or five games, including a suspension. But he was LSU’s most valuable player in some of its biggest games. That might be good enough for him to finish fifth or sixth in the Heisman voting.

MIKE HUGUENIN
There is no clear-cut No. 2. Oklahoma State’s demolition of Oklahoma was impressive, especially in the way the Cowboys’ defense flew around and made plays. But did Oklahoma State do enough to bypass Alabama and move into the No. 2 spot in the BCS? And for all of Oklahoma State’s offensive pyrotechnics, its five wins over BCS top-25 foes and its proclivity to force turnovers, it lost to Iowa State, which finished 6-6. Alabama didn’t play this weekend and had to like its chances to advance to the national title game regardless. But Oklahoma State’s dominating performance likely caused a lot of voters to re-examine Alabama’s resume. The glaring issue is the loss less than a month ago to LSU – at home. The best win is over Arkansas, but who else did the Tide beat? Penn State has a nice record (9-3), but who thinks the Nittany Lions truly are one of the top 25 teams nationally? The third-best win is over … Auburn? Stanford is another team that benefited from playing a less-than-stellar schedule, and its big home loss to Oregon looks worse after the Ducks were beaten the next week, in Eugene, by USC. Boise State owns an impressive win over Georgia, but that’s it. The Broncos lost to TCU and the rest of the Mountain West isn’t that good. The second-best non-conference win is over Tulsa; the Broncos won by 20 over a team Houston thrashed by 32. Virginia Tech might have been able to make a case had it beat Clemson, but the Hokies were whipped by Clemson. So who should LSU play in the title game? Too bad there isn’t a “plus one” system in place.

STEVE MEGARGEE
We should never assume anything. This season has taught us to expect the unexpected. Remember how four of the top seven teams in the BCS standings lost two weeks ago? This weekend may have been even less predictable. This weekend was supposed to be anticlimactic. Hadn’t Alabama and LSU already virtually clinched spots in the national championship game? Wasn’t Houston all but certain to beat Southern Miss at home to wrap up a spot in a BCS game? We should have learned our lesson two weeks ago. Houston’s loss to Southern Miss boosted the BCS hopes of TCU, Michigan, Boise State and Kansas State. And Oklahoma State’s blowout of Oklahoma created real drama in the announcement of the final BCS standings. This season, the most interesting developments occurred on the weeks when we weren’t expecting much drama at all.
Why wait any longer it's time for the Bowl Games.

BCS MATCHUPS
ROSE

Site: Pasadena, Calif.
Date: Jan. 2
Time/TV: 5 p.m./ESPN
Matchup: Oregon (11-2) vs. Wisconsin (11-2)

FIESTA
Site: Glendale, Ariz.
Time/TV: 8:30 p.m./ESPN
Matchup: Oklahoma State (11-1) vs. Stanford (11-1)

SUGAR
Site: New Orleans
Date: Jan. 3
Matchup: Michigan (10-2) vs. Virginia Tech (11-2)

ORANGE
Site: Miami
Date: Jan. 4
Time/TV: 8 p.m./ESPN
Matchup: Clemson (10-3) vs. West Virginia (9-3)

BCS TITLE GAME
Date: Jan. 9
Matchup: LSU (13-0) vs. Alabama (11-1)

OTHER BOWL GAMES
NEW MEXICO

Site: Albuquerque
Date: Dec. 17
Time/TV: 2 p.m./ESPN
Matchup: Temple (8-4) vs. Wyoming (8-4)

FAMOUS IDAHO POTATO
Site: Boise, Idaho
Time/TV: 5:30 p.m./ESPN
Matchup: Ohio (9-4) vs. Utah State (7-5)

NEW ORLEANS
Time/TV: 9 p.m./ESPN
Matchup: Louisiana-Lafayette (9-3) vs. San Diego State (8-4)

BEEF ‘O’BRADY’S
Site: St. Petersburg, Fla.
Date: Dec. 20
Matchup: Florida International (8-4) vs. Marshall (6-6)

POINSETTIA
Site: San Diego
Date: Dec. 21
Matchup: TCU (10-2) vs. Louisiana Tech (8-4)

LAS VEGAS
Site: Las Vegas
Date: Dec. 22
Matchup: Boise State (11-1) vs. Arizona State (6-6)

HAWAII
Site: Honolulu
Date: Dec. 24
Matchup: Nevada (7-5) vs. Southern Miss (11-2)

INDEPENDENCE
Site: Shreveport, La.
Date: Dec. 26
Time/TV: 5 p.m./ESPN
Matchup: Missouri (7-5) vs. North Carolina (7-5)

LITTLE CAESARS PIZZA
Site: Detroit
Date: Dec. 27
Time/TV: 4:30 p.m./ESPN
Matchup: Purdue (6-6) vs. Western Michigan (7-5)

BELK
Site: Charlotte, N.C.
Date: Dec. 27
Matchup: N.C. State (7-5) vs. Louisville (7-5)

MILITARY
Site: Washington
Date: Dec. 28
Time/TV: 4:30 p.m./ESPN
Matchup: Air Force (7-5) vs. Toledo (8-4)

HOLIDAY
Site: San Diego
Date: Dec. 28
Matchup: California (7-5) vs. Texas (7-5)

CHAMPS SPORTS
Site: Orlando, Fla.
Date: Dec. 29
Time/TV: 5:30 p.m./ESPN
Matchup: Florida State (8-4) vs. Notre Dame (8-4)

ALAMO
Site: San Antonio
Date: Dec. 29
Matchup: Baylor (9-3) vs. Washington (7-5)

ARMED FORCES
Site: Dallas
Date: Dec. 30
Time/TV: Noon/ESPN
Matchup: BYU (9-3) vs. Tulsa (8-4)

PINSTRIPE
Site: New York
Time/TV: 3:20 p.m./ESPN
Matchup: Rutgers (8-4) vs. Iowa State (6-6)

MUSIC CITY
Site: Nashville, Tenn.
Time/TV: 6:40 p.m./ESPN
Matchup: Mississippi State (6-6) vs. Wake Forest (6-6)

INSIGHT
Site: Tempe, Ariz.
Time/TV: 10 p.m./ESPN
Matchup: Iowa (7-5) vs. Oklahoma (9-3)

TEXAS
Site: Houston
Date: Dec. 31
Time/TV: Noon/ESPN
Matchup: Northwestern (6-6) vs. Texas A&M (6-6)

SUN
Site: El Paso, Texas
Time/TV: 2 p.m./CBS
Matchup: Georgia Tech (8-4) vs. Utah (7-5)

LIBERTY
Site: Memphis, Tenn.
Time/TV: 3:30 p.m./ABC
Matchup: Cincinnati (9-3) vs. Vanderbilt (6-6)

KRAFT FIGHT HUNGER
Site: San Francisco
Time/TV: 3:30 p.m./ESPN
Matchup: Illinois (6-6) vs. UCLA (6-7)

CHICK-FIL-A
Site: Atlanta
Time/TV: 7:30 p.m./ESPN
Matchup: Auburn (7-5) vs. Virginia (8-4)

TICKETCITY
Site: Dallas
Time/TV: Noon/ESPNU
Matchup: Houston (12-1) vs. Penn State (9-3)

CAPITAL ONE
Site: Orlando, Fla.
Time/TV: 1 p.m./ESPN
Matchup: Nebraska (9-3) vs. South Carolina (10-2)

GATOR
Site: Jacksonville, Fla.
Time/TV: 1 p.m./ESPN2
Matchup: Ohio State (6-6) vs. Florida (6-6)

OUTBACK
Site: Tampa, Fla.
Time/TV: 1 p.m./ABC
Matchup: Michigan State (10-3) vs. Georgia (10-3)

COTTON
Site: Arlington, Texas
Date: Jan. 6
Time/TV: 8 p.m./Fox
Matchup: Arkansas (10-2) vs. Kansas State (10-2)

BBVA COMPASS
Site: Birmingham, Ala.
Date: Jan. 7
Time/TV: 1 p.m./ESPN
Matchup: Pittsburgh (6-6) vs. SMU (7-5)

GoDADDY.COM
Site: Mobile, Ala.
Date: Jan. 8
Matchup: Northern Illinois (10-3) vs. Arkansas State (10-2)
Got 'er Done, Cowpokes, in style. You also wonder what might have been.

We are just getting started, we will get many more chances

and Randy, you are being more than civil
Told y'all an SEC West team would win the BCS this year. Again.

OTOH, at least the SEC will have a loss in the championship game. They finally figured out how to hang an L on us.

For the record, this is one Bama fan who thinks the cases for OSU and Bama are basically equal. Wouldn't have minded terribly if the Pokes had had their shot at getting waxed by Les & the Honey Badgers.