m1 rifles to be banned?

according to rand paul, m1 rifles would be banned

http://www.nagr.org/M1_RP_BannerSurvey2.aspx?pid=ms02a
Over the last few months supplies of surplus M1's have been coming home from Allies and have been offered for sale through the civilian marksmanship program. I came close to buying one but just can't justify the ammo. It looks like this re-importation is what the POSITOO is stopping.

Obviously, the M1 Garande is not a favored weapon for criminals, in fact, the criminal in the white house apparently doesn't like them at all. Nefarious, in reference to the current resident, is an insult to worms.
Over the last few months supplies of surplus M1's have been coming home from Allies and have been offered for sale through the civilian marksmanship program. I came close to buying one but just can't justify the ammo. It looks like this re-importation is what the POSITOO is stopping.

Obviously, the M1 Garande is not a favored weapon for criminals, in fact, the criminal in the white house apparently doesn't like them at all. Nefarious, in reference to the current resident, is an insult to worms. Originally Posted by Iaintliein
Whatever. You seem to forget they were loaned to the Koreans and now they are being sold.
Douche bag Paul wants us to pay twice. That money should go to general fund. There are millions already in the US.

Another none issue.
according to rand paul, m1 rifles would be banned

http://www.nagr.org/M1_RP_BannerSurvey2.aspx?pid=ms02a Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Not banned. Can't re-import M1s that are not currently in the states.
Obviously, the M1 Garande is not a favored weapon for criminals, in fact, the criminal in the white house apparently doesn't like them at all. Nefarious, in reference to the current resident, is an insult to worms.[/quote]

only good for wartime,as a long time ago.I shot expert on the KD range with one,newer lighter are the weapons of choice now.
I just don't get it, this is an old 1930s rifle for crying out loud. It isn't a machine gun or anything of that nature. Most of the ones I have seen are old and collected as a historic piece.
I own two Garands, one of actual WW2 vintage, the other out of Government Surplus.

The Garand is a gas operated semi automatic clip fed Rifle, chambered in 30-06. It is a devastating weapon, just as deadly as any common deer Rifle chambered in 30-06. Remember the deranged fellow in the Texas Tower years back, Charles Whitman. He had a Winchester Mod 70 Deer Rifle in 30-06.

Hillary probably does not realize that it is quite heavy, at 11.5 pounds, is no more affective in it's killing power than a standard Browning Auto which you can buy right over the counter. The Garand as a Battle Rifle is certainly a relic, but is still a fine piece of machinery, better built than many commercial Rifles of today. Her ignorance is showing.

The Assault Rifle has taken the place of the Battle Rifle in todays Armys. Most thugs and gangsters prefer this type of weapon, as it is much lighter, shoots much faster, and is much more easilly concealed.

I did all of my military qualifying with a M-14, you can buy the civilian version of it, (called a M-1A), right from Springfield Armory, a noted civilian manufacturer of civilian versions of military ordanance. It features a 20 round hand re-loadable magaine, as opposed to the Garand's 8 round clip loaded magazine. The only difference between a M-IA and a M-14 is the M-1A fires only semi-auto.

Yes, I am a lifetime member of the NRA. I believe the Second Amendment makes all of the others possible. While I do not agree with everything that the NRA gets involved in, they are the one organization who does not compromise when it comes to protecting the Bill of Rights, especially the Second Amendmemt.

As for weapons being "relics", you might not know that the main Heavy Machine Gun that is still the favorite of the United Staes is the M2 50 caliber Machine Gun, designed by John Browning. It was first put into service just after WW-1, and has changed little. That is over 90 years ago! Great designs tend to transcend time.
I've always wanted one.
I've always wanted one. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
which one, the m1 or the ma duece?
Whatever. You seem to forget they were loaned to the Koreans and now they are being sold.
Douche bag Paul wants us to pay twice. That money should go to general fund. There are millions already in the US.

Another none issue. Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
I wouldn't know if they were loaners. now I know the U.S. govt. in the early 50's kept them supplied with weapons to keep them being over-run by the N. Korean army.

how can you be sure that the m1s were loaners and the S. Koreans never bought them as you say. They could have received it as part of military aid and they didn't have to pay for it.

now this bit about paying twice? what's up with that claim?
Not banned. Can't re-import M1s that are not currently in the states. Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
are you splitting hairs with this statement "can't re-import M1s"? this the same thing as banned, but worded differently.

He states this "In a move unprecedented in American history, the Obama Administration quietly banned the re-importation of nearly one million American made M1 Garand and Carbine rifles."
which one, the m1 or the ma duece? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

I think I could get away with firing the M1 without some one making a phone call.

I would love to shoot a herd buffalo with the ma duece.
I own one. You used to be able to get them cheap. Many died in combat with an m1 in their hands to secure our freedom as a country. I consider banning the m1q to be an act of dis respect.
I own one. You used to be able to get them cheap. Many died in combat with an m1 in their hands to secure our freedom as a country. I consider banning the m1q to be an act of dis respect. Originally Posted by Jed Clampett
how much does an M1 cost?
Calling this a "ban" is absurd. Neither of the rifles that we're talking about here (M1 Garand and M1 carbine, vast majority of these Korean rifles..over 700,000.... are the carbine version) have been banned. Both are readily available for purchase in the US. Frankly, I don't see the problem with the weapons being made available for purchase from Korea on the private market but calling this a ban and impugning Obama's patriotism, etc etc etc is bullshit. And you dishonor those men you reference who did die with these rifles in their hands defending our country by trying to utilize their sacrifice for your silly political argument. Shame on you.