San Jose - 411

This is truly a 411 request since this will be my first visit to San Jose (mid-June).
Since this is a work-related visit, I am limited with my location. However, the Edenvale Garden Park (has walking trails & Tennis court) seems to be within walking distance.
Question(s):
Is it safe to walk after 8:00 PM (local time)?
Coming from the midwest, what sort of weather should I plan for?
TIA
P.S: Hobby related questions are in the ML (hope I don't get spanked for the PS comment)
I’d also like info about San Jose and what there is to do. I’ve never been here before and as a Kansas girl I’m so out of my element 🤣
Depending on how mobile you are the options are endless. San Jose is part of the SF Bay metro area. Tons of outdoor options within short distance from hiking and beaches to shopping and dining. San Jose itself has a busy downtown social area, some pro sports teams (MLS and NHL), museums, etc. Happy to provide more guidance based on your interests.
As the previous poster mentioned the outdoor options are near limitless provided you have transportation. Outdoors, the arts, food, entertainment. The Bay Area is a great place to live. Might I suggest, Alumn Rock park for hiking (its in town). Muir Woods is even better but is a little ways north of Frisco. Well worth the trip.