Thank you Veterans!

I hope ya'll get laid today.

I don't remember too much of the bad times but how many boys who grew up on a farm in Northwest Missouri have an opportunity to (in the spirit of the board) fuck women from 37 different countries (at last count). I had to do something with my life so I chose the military. No regrets.
I spent 21 months in the military (Army), getting out as fast as I could. While not overly proud of my military "career" I did what I was asked to do and never tried to run and hide from my responsibility. I consider myself lucky in that when I entered the service there were 540,000 soldiers in Viet Nam (if I remember correctly) and I was never asked to go there.

The real heroes in my opinion are those whose lives were on the line on a daily basis in places like Viet Nam, Afghanistan, and Iraq. You deserve the applause, and not just one day a year.
When you are drafted, then asked what you expected to get out of the army. The standard answer was ME.
I was a Distinguished Military Graduate which is equivalent to a West Point commission (think Colin Powell). I regret turning it down, My future bride did not want to see the world

I just wonder what my life would be like if I had taken it
I spent 21 months in the military (Army), getting out as fast as I could. While not overly proud of my military "career" I did what I was asked to do and never tried to run and hide from my responsibility. I consider myself lucky in that when I entered the service there were 540,000 soldiers in Viet Nam (if I remember correctly) and I was never asked to go there.

The real heroes in my opinion are those whose lives were on the line on a daily basis in places like Viet Nam, Afghanistan, and Iraq. You deserve the applause, and not just one day a year. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
When I got my draft notice in July of 1967, I went, but I went kicking and screaming. But to this day, I am proud of that "US" before my service number.

I managed to get out of Vietnam alive, although maimed up pretty good. I will be the first to admit that I was not a very good soldier, but I was a soldier none the less.

So what am I doing on Veternan's Day. I got up and went to work, the same as I have done since the day I got out.
Thank you, gentlemen. No words can adequately express the gratitude and humility I feel when imagining the immeasurable sacrifices of military men and women. Freedom is never free. My deepest and most sincere thanks for taking on the cost of America's cherished liberties.
I didn't join but I served. Like several others who have already posted, it wasn't our choice but it was our duty.

Hell of a thing.
I'm a front line veteran from the War on Drugs.

Our side is currently taking ground....
.:r asta::mf_w00t 1::laug hbounce2::l mfao:: punk2_h4h:
Thank you, gentlemen. No words can adequately express the gratitude and humility I feel when imagining the immeasurable sacrifices of military men and women. Freedom is never free. My deepest and most sincere thanks for taking on the cost of America's cherished liberties. Originally Posted by thathottnurse

It's okay, we can find something else to do than just trade words....