Texas Legislature discussing "hobbying"

As I’m looking at provider ads, I got the legislature on tv and they’re discussing a bill that would mandate 1st offenders of solicitation of prostitution to attend “educational classes.” The “Johns Protection Act” allow 1st offenders to pay a $1,000 fee to attend a class on the perils of prostitution and how it is not a “victimless” crime. After completing the class, the charge would be deferred under “deferred adjudication.” But this only applies to the “Johns” and not for the providers; they’ll get to keep their charges on their record w/o deferred adjudication. Is that fair? BTW, I made an appointment regardless...
This is the same shit Colorado is doing: http://www.therepublic.com/view/stor...ution-Schools/

I guess whoever has vested interest in these "John Schools" is doling out money. Not a bad idea, since there are very few in that business, and if it become state law, the demand will go up with nobody else prepared to meet it. And another industry is born...
We need more news like this to hit the mainstream....

http://www.thecitywire.com/?q=node/15816
We need more news like this to hit the mainstream....

http://www.thecitywire.com/?q=node/15816 Originally Posted by Elephant

The authors of the paper make great points until the end of the article...

"If the demand for prostitution is present, there will always be supply."

God dammit, why do they have to make statements like that to ruin it?
It would be interesting to know what percentage of those legislators are hobbyists.
It would be interesting to know what percentage of those legislators are hobbyists. Originally Posted by Damon Bradley
I would bet we all would be suprise what that percentage would be.
As I’m looking at provider ads, I got the legislature on tv and they’re discussing a bill that would mandate 1st offenders of solicitation of prostitution to attend “educational classes.” The “Johns Protection Act” allow 1st offenders to pay a $1,000 fee to attend a class on the perils of prostitution and how it is not a “victimless” crime. After completing the class, the charge would be deferred under “deferred adjudication.” Originally Posted by Sir Hardin Thicke

Howdy, Folks!

Okay - at one time, I was somewhat familiar with the criminal justice system in the state of Texas.

"Classes" like this sort for attendees usually required the attendee to admit they had committed a sexual offense in order to pass the class.

Once this admission was procured(coerced?) from the attendee, the attendee could then be labeled as a sex offender. Oh, and that could also become retroactive at a future time, i.e., you admitted in class 10 years ago that you had committed a sexual offense, and now - 10 years later - you could be registered as a sex offender.

As far as I am concerned, there's NO COMPARISON between the exchange of money between two consenting adults, and a child rapist.

BUT - not in the eyes of The State.

This shit could be REALLY bad. Watch carefully...
The thought processes of these people in charge are down right scary!
As far as I am concerned, there's NO COMPARISON between the exchange of money between two consenting adults, and a child rapist.

BUT - not in the eyes of The State.

This shit could be REALLY bad. Watch carefully... Originally Posted by Baloney Pony
Yikes
who doesn't like hookers??

sixx
The thought processes of these people in charge are down right scary! Originally Posted by BritneyBangs
It would be better for all of us if they were thinking with their little heads. Usually not a good idea, but in this case.....
Do have have big heads? Or, then again, they could stop using their brains for seat cushions.
who doesn't like hookers??

sixx Originally Posted by sixxbach
I love hookers and they love me for a fee!
It would be interesting to know what percentage of those legislators are hobbyists. Originally Posted by Damon Bradley
They get paid to fuck us, does that count?