Did I do a bad thing? Or should I just enjoy it?

Warning: this thread is not going to matter one second to anyone in the world but me and you cannot get the next two minutes back so unless your bored... you will have no interest in the following...

So, I was having a really crappy day today. It's a long story and I won't bore you to death with all the details but Just know it was REALLY REALLY crappy.

So, I go to the department store to take some things back. IT was only about $40 worth of merchandise but hey.. every penny counts right now.
So, when I get to the counter, I realize looking at the receipt that I will not get cash back because it was put on a card... bummer, I had plans for that..lol. Oh well, so I move on. When she hands me the merchandise card, she says "that's $150 on your new card" I look at her baffled and say.. ummm "no, I didn't spend that much." she says "but that's what it rang up as so here you go"

Now I start a new job Monday and probably could use a few new things to look nice so I walk away ready to buy stuff. However, I feel like a big fat liar and can't do it. I left with $40 worth of stuff because it just felt wrong. Now, I sitting here thinking... really??? Is it that bad?

SO I am whining and want to go shopping.. what do you think?
Well I doubt there is any way to actually give it back to them. It would be uber time consuming and a manager would have to figure it out, especially since you have already left and the transaction has already cleared. It's not like you did it on purpose, and you even tried to rectify it at the time of the incident.

So consider it a bonus! Woo hoo! Now go get you a new pair of slacks and a few blouses!

All kidding aside, if the register girl didn't care to fix it and she is representing the company then honestly you did nothing wrong.
Moved from Coed.
Lil Michelle, don't feel bad about it. Something like that happened to me and I ran out of there so happy! Your not a thief, the scanner said thats what the merchandise was worth. When things like that happen, at times when you really need the money, I like to think of it as your guardian angel looking out for you. If you think thats bad.

One time a guy ripped me off out of $30 when I was in Jamaica. I paid $30 to rent a scooter. Well, when I got on the thing I got nervous because I only had flip flops on and I was afraid of falling/messing up my legs. (as you know in this buisiness if you get injured you can't see clients) So I got off the scooter and asked for a refund. I never even turned the scooter on. Guy sais to me: too bad, so sad. Go back home American.

I was soooooo pissed off. I went into a flea market and stole $30 worth of merchandise. The people down there are poor, and what I did was so wrong. To this day I feel bad about that. I will never act out when angry. But then again, someone took my $30 and told me to go to hell when I couldn't use their service. My point is, it's never good to steal. What I did was wrong. What happened to you was just pure luck. Best Wishes, Isis
Moved from Coed. Originally Posted by Torito
Oops.. sorry Torito, I was just seeing if you were paying attention..lol

I will pay more attention next time.

Thanks Marla.. I like that answer
I think you did the correct thing in bringing it to the attention of the clerk. Your obligation is filled. You are to be commended for saying something. Spend it! The store will now suffer the consequence of the type of employee their wages attract.
WOHOO the tribe has spoken and I am going shopping!
well, tomorrow... they are going to be closed by the time I get there tonight. LOL
I think you should book an appointment with me. I'll give you the newby discount of $110 an hour
WOHOO the tribe has spoken and I am going shopping! Originally Posted by lil_michelle
Now go out and buy that slutty school girl outfit.

netman

PS: Good luck with the new job.
What would Jesus do? Spend it! <grin>
NOpe not bad at all you are just fine. THe store gave you credit and it is their job to make sure. It is just store credit not like it is cash back so don't worry about it. They can't reverse it from your account. Enjoy the blessing.
You should not feel bad at all because you had no intention of doing something wrong.I think if you go in with the mindset of being dishonest you should feel bad.But yours was unintentional.
I was hoping at the end of the story you said you gace it back.I was wanting to take you shopping.LOL
WOHOO the tribe has spoken and I am going shopping!
well, tomorrow... they are going to be closed by the time I get there tonight. LOL Originally Posted by lil_michelle
Good for you, you need a little boost! So what are you going to / or did you buy with the extra??
I think you should book an appointment with me. I'll give you the newby discount of $110 an hour Originally Posted by CoHorn

Your so bad!! FOCUS!! LOL

netman

PS: Good luck with the new job. Originally Posted by netman
Thank you Netman!! AND.. i already have one of those..hehe

What would Jesus do? Spend it! <grin> Originally Posted by planojim
Jim that was just in bad taste....lol (WWJD....so I let him on fire and sent him to hell...ROFL)

NOpe not bad at all you are just fine. THe store gave you credit and it is their job to make sure. It is just store credit not like it is cash back so don't worry about it. They can't reverse it from your account. Enjoy the blessing. Originally Posted by unbelievible_size
Thank you, I will

You should not feel bad at all because you had no intention of doing something wrong.I think if you go in with the mindset of being dishonest you should feel bad.But yours was unintentional.
I was hoping at the end of the story you said you gace it back.I was wanting to take you shopping.LOL Originally Posted by Horsemancummeth
Well now, theres a day that would make you pull your hair out. I try on 100 things and buy one. Then... after I leave.. I want to go back and get the one I liked better..LOL

Good for you, you need a little boost! So what are you going to / or did you buy with the extra?? Originally Posted by FishGuy13
I bought very business like things... nothing fun but I will look very professional my first day..woohoo

netman

PS: Good luck with the new job. Originally Posted by netman
Thank you Netman!! AND.. i already have one of those..hehe Originally Posted by lil_michelle
TEASE!!!