TAKE NOTICE - Hobbyist Creedo

I feel so strongly on this issue and the discussion so interesting, I thought to bring it to our comrades here across the good ol' USA.

So...take the Poll, take a stand for yourself and for the hobby.

Here is a link and verbiage of the Houston Poll.

http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=131048
______________________________ _______________________

I've been nothing but appalled over much of what is going on in the Houston CoEd and Men's Lounge i.e. MonkeyPaw.

I think we gentlemen hobbyists need to take a stand and be counted. Therefore I propose those of us hobbyists (who see this thread of course) be accounted for agreeing with this simple credo:

"I will respect women of all ages and in every circumstance."

Those that can agree to this, say so and be noticed.

Those that don't, well...we won't see you here.

Those that do sign and know you're only doing it to either get off the DNS or clear your conscience/image/reputation here in this community....don't bother we all know who you are. Ain't no secrets in this world of ours.
I have a problem with the term "respect." IMHO, respect is earned. And some people, male and female alike, never earn respect.

However, I can be a professional. I can treat all people with consideration. I can be a gentleman in my dealings with others. But respect??? Hardly.
The question is far too general. I doubt many would have "respect" for Carla Faye Tucker.
Respect should be given to everyone unless there is something done or said that would cause you to take that respect away. IMHO
i agree w charles... respect is earned.
however if you give respect, you should get it....
if it isnt reciprocated...then its out the window.

professionalism? i think i can be professional with those that show respect.
if no respect is shown...then i can care less ...i mean, im not going to win some customer service award in this gig
It's not difficult friends...it doesn't take a whole lot of effort to be respectful. People will always have "differences," but we can still remain civil. The trouble with being human...is we're born with emotions that cause us to be reactive.

People, (you see, I'm being very civil) like Monkey Paw, are like children. Some children will do the ugliest things just to get attention...doesn't matter whether it's negative or positive. We learn as parents, to reward the good behavior, not the negative.

I just choose to ignore him. He's going to say, and do, what he wants regardless of anything we have to say....he's just not worth the time and effort. And, if he's actually doing what he boasts...well, you know what they...karma's a bitch and I'd rather wait to see who gets the last laugh!

The true gentlemen, like Dogger, are the ones who deserve our attention, focus and gratitude! We appreciate how you men can bring out the BEST in us!!
Being civil or acting like a gentleman is no where close to "Respecting" someone. This is a fucking retarded pole and IMO dogger is acting like a PW'ed ass kisser. Dude, quit trying to hold yourself up as this role model that we should try and emulate. I also don't like your veiled threat of if we don't agree with your silly pole everyone will see. Well, let me make this perfectly clear "I will respect you when, and only when,you have earned my respect".
To say in every aspect is just too far. I love and respect women but to say everytime is just too much
I'll chime in at some point on the reasoning for the poll...sorry for the ambiguity but I felt that to be more specific would create too much specificity. Bottom line, how do you proceed in life on a day by day basis. That is the spirit of the poll.
Sounds to me like a bunch of arguing over the word "respect". Maybe "be civil to" or "treat well" could have been used. Just how hard is it anyway to treat someone well, especially considering the good feelings & fun that the providers provide?
I didn't bother to read your local thread, but why do you think it is necessary to bother the rest of us with it by reposting it??
I'll chime in at some point on the reasoning for the poll.... Originally Posted by TheDogger
Shit. I can't wait. The suspense is killing me. Please, please enlighten us with your wisdom.
How many of these polls with the CREED OF IMPOSSIBILITY are there? Geeze. . .and you folks thought I was annoying?
Respect in all circumstances? Please.... never mind the fact that respect is earned, but in every circumstance? Give me a break. That is like telling the IRS when they are auditing you, "Thank you, may I have another?" There are circumstances when respect is less than desired. As a matter of fact, scorn and ridicule are what is needed.
The answer to this question, like all good questions, is "It depends." I try to treat everyone respectfully until they clearly and unequivocally show that they deserve to be treated in some other manner. But after that, all is fair within the limits of basic morality. And I suspect that most people take the same attitude as I do (although some seem to have the default no respect attitude).

And although I am not religious, to use a religious analogy, turning the other cheek when a person strikes on one cheek is easily said, but one of the most difficult things in the world to do (and perhaps unwise). Most people react when shat upon.