Sports Trading Cards

Hi,

Was looking for for some information / suggestions on good places to grade / sell Sports Trading Cards(Football / Baseball / Hockey / Motor Sports). I have a sizable amount from a previous employ in the mid 90's that I am looking to sell for a fair market value.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Fetish
Research Beckett's, Ebay. These are probably the easiest to gain an idea and you can become a member of Beckett's for more "real time" idea. Just remember, worth and real world value may differ...greatly.
Definitely check ebay, and also consider the options of selling the entire collection in one lot and or individual cards. You might be surprised, towards the end of the 90's the card quality changed drastically, and there were much more limited production runs of certain brands, and many more sets that became the most popular. I collected in the late 80's, then took about 10 years off, and took up collecting again in 99 - 2004. If you have any vintage gems (Nolan Ryan RC, etc), I would definitely have them graded - it not only protects the cards, it registers and authenticates them.
Send me a PM I can help.
  • Oppa
  • 06-07-2011, 03:45 PM
My suggestion is Ebay. Most card shops won't touch 90s stuff (or 80s either due to the mass production)...the card shops I know locally only want cards from the 1950s and 1960s. Remember with a card shop they have to buy low to hope to make their markup in profit. On Ebay the profit is all about what someone will pay you.