Beating The Heat

This heat could make a priest cuss. Silly Pam decides to have yard sale on the Hottest day. Thought I would simply sit in my lawn chair, cold beverage at my side and collect money. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I had to get up walk around, Help load the big junk, Listen to life stories (met some interesting people) I thought I had some issues.
Disclaimer: What I am about to say is not meant to be cruel or mean or attack anyones religious beliefs.
My first customer....Didnt buy even a 25 cent T-shirt..Instead gave me a Watchtower pamphlet and attemtpted to preach the gosple to me..Complete distraction. Hind site I think maybe thats where that 50 dollar table went.
So anyone thinking of Yard sale...THINK TWICE!!!!!
Set up time: 5 days
Sale time: 9 hours
Recovery time :2 days
Cold beer on a sunday in the A/C: PRICELESS

With all that said..What are all you folks doing to Beat the Heat??
Inquiring minds wanna know.
P.S. WAKE UP GINGER!!!!!!
LOL...been there, done that.

Watch out for car loads of folks all showing up at the same time...you can almost guarantee some of your shit is going to walk down the driveway while you're distracted...

You can sell on Craigslist while seated in the air-conditioning...

JME.

Huck
I had a person sitting outside my gate 30 minute prior to opening gate time and honk the horn every time he saw movement. It was very entertaining. But not something I will attempt to ever do again.
On a side note there was a 65 yr old woman 14 years widowed looking for a good man over the age of 55. Likes to drink occassionally. Has physically held up well for her age. Has a slight limp due to the parkinson thing caused by a slip and fall at Wal-Mart. (True Story)
Opps was that an add. LOL
On a side note there was a 65 yr old woman 14 years widowed looking for a good man over the age of 55. Likes to drink occassionally. Has physically held up well for her age. Has a slight limp due to the parkinson thing caused by a slip and fall at Wal-Mart. (True Story)
Opps was that an add. LOL Originally Posted by Pamelatoo
Did you tell the lady about eccie.net? Lots of older gentlemen lurking over here and she might get compensated for test runs...

Sorry, drifted off topic...

Huck
I like you. LOL
So, did you give in to the JW's Pam? At least they don't dance with snakes (or cut off chicken heads, lol)
I like you. LOL Originally Posted by Pamelatoo
Thanks. The feeling is mutual...

Huck
Did you get contact info from the widow?
Might be worth checking out.
If she'll return emails, that'll beat someone I know on ECCIE....not calling any names.
Does the widow have a bunch of money and a good insurance policy? If so then I'll marry her and she can have my 31 year old body as arm candy.
laying in bed beats the heat!!!!
We use to do the garage sale thing, now we box it all up and get a tax write off through Good Will or we ship it over to Nancy and let her sell it in one of her Estate sales, after which she sends us a big check. May not be as much fun as you had but it keeps us on the golf course.
I Agree... I Box Up What I Dont Want And Give It Away To Consignment Shops Or Goodwill. I Figure If Im Not Using It Somebody Else Could Be.
laying in bed beats the heat!!!! Originally Posted by MissDreams
I don't know, I thought we got your bed pretty hot
francobob...she paid asking price on everything...Never tried to Jew me at all> I'd go for it. hehehehe
lol @ Jon.