Does a better room/ hotel make a difference?

• Dedra
  • 05-01-2023, 12:10 PM
So I have started adventuring over to Fort Walton/ Destin. the room I found in Fort Walton was adequate. Meaning it was clean and my car did not get broken into. Outside entrance and right off the main road. I found a hotel in Destin I like better ( it cost a bit more) but the next level up from the other. It is off the main road and has a lobby entrance.. What is y'alls over all preference? Does a better hotel make a difference? What is your thoughts on parking passes? ( now that it is summer many hotels require). I am coming back very soon
It doesn't matter to me as long as the hotel room is clean and as long as it's not in a sketchy area.

I've seen SOME providers where you could tell they've lived in their hotel room a while (fast food bags, piles of clothes, etc.). Just keep the room clean if you intend to host.

A non-sketchy hotel helps, too. Most guys don't want to get mugged going to or from your room or have their car broken into during the visit. (one reason I do most of my visiting in the daytime)

Pretty much my only preferences.
As for parking passes, I've never had to deal with them. I guess it depends on the hotel, since each might be different. I guess the best thing to do is ask the hotel worker when you book. Just let them know you might have "local friends" visiting you during your stay, and you want to know their parking rules for visitors.
More criteria - If I'm going to leave smelling like an ash tray or a 420 convention, I'll leave before the smell sets in and probably decline an encounter.
Marriott
I'll echo BC. At a certain point, it's diminishing returns: as long as it's "not sketchy", it's fine. Makes no difference if it's a 2-star or a 5-star, especially if you're the one greeting me
Not really, whether it's the motel or the Marriott, if I'm inclined to see you then I won't met a hotel be the deciding factor. 5 star hotel or 1 star, the chances of law enforcement sitting outside or in the lobby is pretty even. I think most people avoid run doen sketch motels in fear of robbery, or vandalism but, that's just a chance I take with this hobby
I tend to like the outside entrance because it reduces the looks from staff and means there is easy access to the room.

I also will not enter a smoking room because I am allergic to all types of smoke. Also, I would prefer not to get robbed in person or my car.
  • Dedra
  • 05-02-2023, 07:30 AM
More criteria - If I'm going to leave smelling like an ash tray or a 420 convention, I'll leave before the smell sets in and probably decline an encounter. Originally Posted by Jardinier
Non smoker here so that is never an issue with me. I always get non smoking rooms. I have stayed some places that it seemed like every room around me was 420. LOL
  • Dedra
  • 05-02-2023, 07:32 AM
Hindenburg. I hope to see you again soon. I had so much fun
  • Dedra
  • 05-02-2023, 07:41 AM
I am coming over on Thursday. I like the Wind Gate in Destin but most of my responses back seem to prefer Fort Walton. The Days in Fort Walton took 20 min to get hot water
I wont be there for weekends until after summer except for Out calls bc the room prices triple.