January 6th - We Democrats Brought it on Ourselves

Today in Washington Republicans are giving the cold shoulder to the majority Democrats in Congress who are spending the day calling Trump a "fascist" and claiming they are struggling to save "our democracy." But let's look at how the riot really happened.

It has it's roots in the contested election of 2000, where the Democrats claimed fraud in Florida and Ohio, and no winner was determined for weeks and weeks until a party line vote in the Supreme Court awarded it to W. Bush. That was the beginning of all this mess.

Then in 2016 when Trump won many Democrats claimed that the election was a fraud, the product of Russian interference, which was a lie. Hilary said Trump was an "illegitimate President" and she and legions of other Democrats declared Trump was "unfit" and that he "wasn't their President" and that they would form a "resistance." A resistance --- doesn't that imply revolution, or at a minimum a rejection of the Constitution and the present system?

Thereafter the Democrats tried to smear Trump with lies about collusion with Russia as well as dozens of other lies. Those who created these lies knew they were untrue, but masses of Democrats, believing what they were told by a bias media, believed it all. These were all illegitimate means to try to reverse the election, to nullify it, through tools of "psychological warfare" by the Democrats who didn't give a shit about "our democracy" and the fact that Trump had won the election fairly. In fact, every power center in America opposed Trump, but he won anyway because so many working class people who the Democrats claim to care about supported his policies... HIS POLICIES.

Trump endured a phony impeachment based on nothing. Of course Presidents have the authority to hold up foreign aid for any reason they want. In the case of Biden and Ukraine, Biden was caught colluding with a foreign government similarly to what the Democrats falsely claimed Trump had done, so of course he would pressure the reluctant Ukrainians to commit to investigating the matter. As it was the Ukrainians would investigate nothing because they were afraid of Biden, and thought he would come back in a couple of years and punish him - AND THEY WERE RIGHT.

So here Trump is, the target of one hammer blow after another by his enemies (including some Republicans like the Cheneys and Romney) all of whom are using ILLICITE means to reverse the outcome of the legitimate results of the 2016 election, with no regard whatsoever about "our democracy." So how would this work on Trump's mind? Of course he is going to anticipate that the Democrats are going to try to steal the election. He'd be nuts not to come to that conclusion. So when several examples came in of questionable methods and results emerged from many sources what was he supposed to do? Was he supposed to do nothing? He tried taking evidence, including many Affidavits, to the Courts, but every Court refused to get involved. When his supporters went to Washington to form a giant protest against what appeared to be going on he thought it would be a peaceful, colossal protest. Instead it turned out that a core of these knuckleheads were lunatics who used a chapter out of the Left's own playbook to occupy the Capitol....to occupy it. They were unarmed. They had no formal leaders and no plan. They sought to occupy the Capitol in a similar way to what students used to do in the 1960s across Campuses all over the country. And yes, most of these "sit-ins" resulted in disorder with club and gas used by police to counter the illegal activists who were seeking to stop the functioning of the agency involved (just like the Jan.6 activists were doing). None of them were "fascists" any more than Trump is.

But now that Trump has been again falsely maligned and insulted he has no choice but to seek the Presidency all over again, and it's once again the Democrats fault that he must do so.
Today in Washington Republicans are giving the cold shoulder to the majority Democrats in Congress who are spending the day calling Trump a "fascist" and claiming they are struggling to save "our democracy." But let's look at how the riot really happened.

It has it's roots in the contested election of 2000, where the Democrats claimed fraud in Florida and Ohio, and no winner was determined for weeks and weeks until a party line vote in the Supreme Court awarded it to W. Bush. That was the beginning of all this mess.

Then in 2016 when Trump won many Democrats claimed that the election was a fraud, the product of Russian interference, which was a lie. Hilary said Trump was an "illegitimate President" and she and legions of other Democrats declared Trump was "unfit" and that he "wasn't their President" and that they would form a "resistance." A resistance --- doesn't that imply revolution, or at a minimum a rejection of the Constitution and the present system?

Thereafter the Democrats tried to smear Trump with lies about collusion with Russia as well as dozens of other lies. Those who created these lies knew they were untrue, but masses of Democrats, believing what they were told by a bias media, believed it all. These were all illegitimate means to try to reverse the election, to nullify it, through tools of "psychological warfare" by the Democrats who didn't give a shit about "our democracy" and the fact that Trump had won the election fairly. In fact, every power center in America opposed Trump, but he won anyway because so many working class people who the Democrats claim to care about supported his policies... HIS POLICIES.

Trump endured a phony impeachment based on nothing. Of course Presidents have the authority to hold up foreign aid for any reason they want. In the case of Biden and Ukraine, Biden was caught colluding with a foreign government similarly to what the Democrats falsely claimed Trump had done, so of course he would pressure the reluctant Ukrainians to commit to investigating the matter. As it was the Ukrainians would investigate nothing because they were afraid of Biden, and thought he would come back in a couple of years and punish him - AND THEY WERE RIGHT.

So here Trump is, the target of one hammer blow after another by his enemies (including some Republicans like the Cheneys and Romney) all of whom are using ILLICITE means to reverse the outcome of the legitimate results of the 2016 election, with no regard whatsoever about "our democracy." So how would this work on Trump's mind? Of course he is going to anticipate that the Democrats are going to try to steal the election. He'd be nuts not to come to that conclusion. So when several examples came in of questionable methods and results emerged from many sources what was he supposed to do? Was he supposed to do nothing? He tried taking evidence, including many Affidavits, to the Courts, but every Court refused to get involved. When his supporters went to Washington to form a giant protest against what appeared to be going on he thought it would be a peaceful, colossal protest. Instead it turned out that a core of these knuckleheads were lunatics who used a chapter out of the Left's own playbook to occupy the Capitol....to occupy it. They were unarmed. They had no formal leaders and no plan. They sought to occupy the Capitol in a similar way to what students used to do in the 1960s across Campuses all over the country. And yes, most of these "sit-ins" resulted in disorder with club and gas used by police to counter the illegal activists who were seeking to stop the functioning of the agency involved (just like the Jan.6 activists were doing). None of them were "fascists" any more than Trump is.

But now that Trump has been again falsely maligned and insulted he has no choice but to seek the Presidency all over again, and it's once again the Democrats fault that he must do so.
Originally Posted by pussycat
They've been giving the cold shoulder ever since the little details that have been coming out that shows there was planning for 1/6. To me, it reminded me of 9/11. When that happened, I was stunned and shocked. It didn't hit me that it was a planned attack at the time. But the facts were there (kinda in line with your CIA thread but that is another story which is a little drawn out for me at the moment to give how related.) There is no question 9/11 was an attack. And over this last year, enough has come out that there is more than just a passing relationship with details that have been brought to light.

With the 2000 election, I didn't give a hoot who won. It was a long standing issue that FL had problems with the way it collected and counted ballots. *My* frame of mind was "Fine! You knew you had a problem. Didn't do anything about it. Just pick someone THAN make sure it never happens again." That was their wakeup call. And if I remember, Gore did concede first. What happened after that fact, don't remember. I'm sure those around him wanted to retract and do the court thing. As I said, I don't really care who won as long as they fixed the problem. That was Bush election fair and square.

2016, claims can be made one way or another. I don't remember any investigations challenging trump as the winner. I guess you can say all elections have outside influence on the way people vote. And there was a two fold one for 2016. Before I go on, I will say I would of liked anyone else besides the two canidates there. Comeys investigate/don't investigate hillary actions helped cast a shadow. And the russians certainly were active in trying to throw the election from there position by being the conduit for emails and such from hillary. As I said, I didn't like either canidate. And this "illegitimate president" thing didn't start there...does "just one term" ring a bell with Obama? MANY republicans ranted the illegitimate president with him. Birth certificate, et al. So, throw that out. From my pov I haven't heard the chant fervently as the right likes to throw out mantra after mantra.

*MY* opinion is that trump got the election. Regardless how you feel about the Electoral College. If people had a problem with that, they should have changed the rules before the election (as I stated with FL...enough time has passed since Lincoln won in the same manner to fix it.)

With the Mueller investigation, it summoned up that though russia was there with dirt for trump, he was too stupid to act upon it. So much for the art of the deal. But there was definitely proof, and admittion by trump and his people, that he actively communicated with russian sources.

So, there was legs for an impeachment. I have to be frank, I never realized impeachements can have a low threshold of events that can bring them about (come on, a BJ in the whitehouse? But that is enough for one so okay.) So anything related with a communist country (remember, he made overatures to russia and vice versa i'm sure) definitely would be impeachment material.

So, with what has so far come to light, if the right who are being blamed as being a part of 1/6 would just be open, this stuff could be squared away in a heartbeat. But them stonewalling every corner definitely gives an imporprity (sp) of something happening.

Occams Razor is very well showing things. Unfortunately a few people in the media are part of this and they definitely put their spin on it. Reason why I won't watch Fox News because of the fall out of the "Individual 1" identity being revealed by a Judges court order. Trumps lawyer tried to get the judge to only reveal trump since there was another person whose identity was unknown for paying off another person. Guess what? Sean Hannity was guilty of doing same and exposed all the while on Fox defending trump.
No Go for Fox with me.

With over 60 cases in court showing that 2020 election fair, or just as fair as 2000 and 2016 election, it is the previous potus who takes the brunt of the blame for the fervent in this country today. I don't see any other way around that.
You got that bit of clarity in under a week of living in Houston-town, Hmmm... I might have to reevaluate Houston now. Must be something in the water there...

Originally Posted by pussycat
They've been giving the cold shoulder ever since the little details that have been coming out that shows there was planning for 1/6. To me, it reminded me of 9/11. When that happened, I was stunned and shocked. It didn't hit me that it was a planned attack at the time. But the facts were there (kinda in line with your CIA thread but that is another story which is a little drawn out for me at the moment to give how related.) There is no question 9/11 was an attack. And over this last year, enough has come out that there is more than just a passing relationship with details that have been brought to light.

With the 2000 election, I didn't give a hoot who won. It was a long standing issue that FL had problems with the way it collected and counted ballots. *My* frame of mind was "Fine! You knew you had a problem. Didn't do anything about it. Just pick someone THAN make sure it never happens again." That was their wakeup call. And if I remember, Gore did concede first. What happened after that fact, don't remember. I'm sure those around him wanted to retract and do the court thing. As I said, I don't really care who won as long as they fixed the problem. That was Bush election fair and square.

2016, claims can be made one way or another. I don't remember any investigations challenging trump as the winner. I guess you can say all elections have outside influence on the way people vote. And there was a two fold one for 2016. Before I go on, I will say I would of liked anyone else besides the two canidates there. Comeys investigate/don't investigate hillary actions helped cast a shadow. And the russians certainly were active in trying to throw the election from there position by being the conduit for emails and such from hillary. As I said, I didn't like either canidate. And this "illegitimate president" thing didn't start there...does "just one term" ring a bell with Obama? MANY republicans ranted the illegitimate president with him. Birth certificate, et al. So, throw that out. From my pov I haven't heard the chant fervently as the right likes to throw out mantra after mantra.

*MY* opinion is that trump got the election. Regardless how you feel about the Electoral College. If people had a problem with that, they should have changed the rules before the election (as I stated with FL...enough time has passed since Lincoln won in the same manner to fix it.)

With the Mueller investigation, it summoned up that though russia was there with dirt for trump, he was too stupid to act upon it. So much for the art of the deal. But there was definitely proof, and admittion by trump and his people, that he actively communicated with russian sources.

So, there was legs for an impeachment. I have to be frank, I never realized impeachements can have a low threshold of events that can bring them about (come on, a BJ in the whitehouse? But that is enough for one so okay.) So anything related with a communist country (remember, he made overatures to russia and vice versa i'm sure) definitely would be impeachment material.

So, with what has so far come to light, if the right who are being blamed as being a part of 1/6 would just be open, this stuff could be squared away in a heartbeat. But them stonewalling every corner definitely gives an imporprity (sp) of something happening.

Occams Razor is very well showing things. Unfortunately a few people in the media are part of this and they definitely put their spin on it. Reason why I won't watch Fox News because of the fall out of the "Individual 1" identity being revealed by a Judges court order. Trumps lawyer tried to get the judge to only reveal trump since there was another person whose identity was unknown for paying off another person. Guess what? Sean Hannity was guilty of doing same and exposed all the while on Fox defending trump.
No Go for Fox with me.

With over 60 cases in court showing that 2020 election fair, or just as fair as 2000 and 2016 election, it is the previous potus who takes the brunt of the blame for the fervent in this country today. I don't see any other way around that. Originally Posted by Precious_b
Plenty of people thought that W. Bush was "unfit" to be President, but what was to be done about it? As we can now see from countless memoirs he was in fact a disaster waiting to happen, and he was the worst person to be in the White House after 9-11. He literally set the world on fire.

Legions of educated Democrats (and many Republicans) thought Trump unfit for plenty of bad reasons. A strong case can be made that he's a genius. No one goes from one astounding success to another in such different fields without being a genius, and geniuses are notoreously ECCENTRIC. And please don't counter with his bankruptcy because everyone in his industry at that time did so and he was the only one with "jujitzu tactics" to turn his bankruptcy into a positive. Being a genius means being a savant, and that means following intuition and NOT making computational analysis of problems the way us lesser people have no choice but to do. For example he also wanted to withdraw from Afghanistan but then thought about it some more and decided to stay. Look at what the eggheads and intellectuals around Biden did there and you'll see the difference.

The 2016 election was investigated as it was the Mueller investigation which turned up nothing to support what the Democrats and their media friends were alleging. Most Democrats were so dupped by these false accusations that they were dumbfounded when Mueller made his report. The only thing we really know is that the Steel Dossier was a creature of Hilary's staff and that they were doing exactly what they accused Trump for, and that level of hypocracy is appalling.
Plenty of people thought that W. Bush was "unfit" to be President, but what was to be done about it? As we can now see from countless memoirs he was in fact a disaster waiting to happen, and he was the worst person to be in the White House after 9-11. He literally set the world on fire.

Legions of educated Democrats (and many Republicans) thought Trump unfit for plenty of bad reasons. A strong case can be made that he's a genius. No one goes from one astounding success to another in such different fields without being a genius, and geniuses are notoreously ECCENTRIC. And please don't counter with his bankruptcy because everyone in his industry at that time did so and he was the only one with "jujitzu tactics" to turn his bankruptcy into a positive. Being a genius means being a savant, and that means following intuition and NOT making computational analysis of problems the way us lesser people have no choice but to do. For example he also wanted to withdraw from Afghanistan but then thought about it some more and decided to stay. Look at what the eggheads and intellectuals around Biden did there and you'll see the difference.

The 2016 election was investigated as it was the Mueller investigation which turned up nothing to support what the Democrats and their media friends were alleging. Most Democrats were so dupped by these false accusations that they were dumbfounded when Mueller made his report. The only thing we really know is that the Steel Dossier was a creature of Hilary's staff and that they were doing exactly what they accused Trump for, and that level of hypocracy is appalling. Originally Posted by pussycat
I did vote for Bush. And it was for the wrong reason in hindsight. I'm sure he had that chip on his shoulder for Saddam for what he did to his daddy. We never should have went to Iraq. And EVERYBODY forgets that the USA is terrible in the end game. That CIA thread supports that.

But I have to say, for every President that has been in office, whether I voted for them or not, I have been able to respect them when they left office. Even Nixon. That man was able to rehabilitate his image to being a Statesmen for foreign policy. During his term, trump was the only one that I thought to myself I would never respect. And my thoughts have held true. Anyone who can't accept responsibility for mistakes, disregards the will of the people, and tries to overthrow the Government (i'll lay $$$ that as time passes, it will be shown crystal clear this is true) should be shunned.

To *me*, the previous potus is as genius as the Fuhrer. Both had thier own books. And you can see the intellect in hindsight of the first one.

And the Mueller Report did show both Russia and trump had contact about the election. It concluded that he was too stupid to make use of what was handed to him. Make no mistake, the Mueller Report shined the light on what was to come from the previous admin.
I did vote for Bush. And it was for the wrong reason in hindsight. I'm sure he had that chip on his shoulder for Saddam for what he did to his daddy. We never should have went to Iraq. And EVERYBODY forgets that the USA is terrible in the end game. That CIA thread supports that.

But I have to say, for every President that has been in office, whether I voted for them or not, I have been able to respect them when they left office. Even Nixon. That man was able to rehabilitate his image to being a Statesmen for foreign policy. During his term, trump was the only one that I thought to myself I would never respect. And my thoughts have held true. Anyone who can't accept responsibility for mistakes, disregards the will of the people, and tries to overthrow the Government (i'll lay $$$ that as time passes, it will be shown crystal clear this is true) should be shunned.

To *me*, the previous potus is as genius as the Fuhrer. Both had thier own books. And you can see the intellect in hindsight of the first one.

And the Mueller Report did show both Russia and trump had contact about the election. It concluded that he was too stupid to make use of what was handed to him. Make no mistake, the Mueller Report shined the light on what was to come from the previous admin. Originally Posted by Precious_b
Hilary's team interacted with Russians to fabricate fake stories about Trump to smear him, and later that "intelligence" was illegally proffered to a Court as evidence by Federal prosecutors who knew it to be false.

Contrast that to what Mueller said about Trump - which was that a woman from Russia said that Hillary was a law breaker who needed to be exposed and prosecuted. Being a normal citizen, Trump's son took a meeting with her to find out what this damning evidence might be, but in the end the offer was fake and the Russian woman had nothing. Contrary to what politicians say, if someone from a foreign government or country says they have evidence of criminal wrongdoing against an American it doesn't matter if you are running against that person or not in an election, you have a normal right to meet and investigate what the evidence might be. And the fairy tale that you must instead "call the FBI" is nonesense. There is no reason why you cannot ask to see what the allegation is about, and it doesn't matter who is offering it. The only thing that matters is if it is true or not. Is it real or not. If it is real it doesn't matter whose political interests it serves or who benefits.

After 2016 Hilary and many Democrats refused to accept the outcome of that election. She said Trump did not really win the election, and that she only lost because of Russian interference. They said they they were a "resistance" against the government, which means they did not respect the authority of the government. They urged the military to join the resistance and refuse to carry out orders the President would issue. Then they operated a campaign of fake lies and tricks to bring down the Presidency and reverse the outcome of the election.

That is about as clear of an "attack on democracy" as America has ever had in it's history.

And true to form when four years later Trump complains about all of this and reports that his enemies act illicitely and unfairly he's branded to be the one who is "attacking OUR Democracy,"
and not his enemies, when it' exactly the opposite.

As for Nixon he didn't really rehabilitate himself but he did come out from the shadows to speak. And when he did so he appeared reasonable because everything he did as President was reasonable. The eleven Articles of Impeachment drafted against him by the House were bullshit. If there had been a trial and the facts dealt with on their merits he would have won. Everyone assumes he would have lost because he resigned rather than go through a trial, but that's not true. He resigned because his own party members turned against him and would have voted against him even if he would have won the legal arguments at trial. The Republicans in the Senate led by Goldwater hated him and wanted him out and so he didn't have a chance at a fair trial. But again, the case against him for crimes was bullshit. He never obstructed justice.
...After 2016 Hilary and many Democrats refused to accept the outcome of that election... Originally Posted by pussycat

Seems Hillarity and the DNC should just rebrand to Losers-R-us.
(prohibited subject) Originally Posted by CryptKicker
The poster of this photo should know better.

Sweets to the sweet.
The poster of this photo should know better.

Sweets to the sweet. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Chuckle! Nice bit of editing.
Good luck, bud.
Seems Hillarity and the DNC should just rebrand to Losers-R-us. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
Loser is the kindest word for them. "Crooks" is more accurate.
I can't figure out why Trump supporters fall all over themselves to brand Democrats as liars and crooks.
I can't figure out why Trump supporters fall all over themselves to brand Democrats as liars and crooks. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Could be even though it's obvious that most of them are, the media continually looks the other way so you have to yell a little louder about it.