Tipping ontop of the donations

So I was reading a thread somewhere and one of the posts in it had me saying to myself..really,seriously did I just read that? A lady stated in a thread about donations that she asks for tips and she likes to see her tip upfront with the donation so she knows how much you appreciate her ....Thats her choice and her business but I find it a bit tacky coming from an independent provider...

I personally never would expect it much less ask for one...but when I do get them it is a great surprise and well appreciated.

Its not like we are waitresses making $3.15 an hour and depend on tips...

The fact a hobbiest choose to spend his hard earned money on you should be more then enough

Now on the flip side if it were an Agencygirl then I dont think its tacky to expect a tip considering those girls dont get to keep 100% what they worked for...

What do you all think about tipping?
Definately out of line. Like you pointed out a provider's rate is far above minimum wage. It's perplexing to spend hundreds of dollars and then pay a tip, but people won't tip on the five dollar sandwich that was made for them which would help someone a lot more.
....Thats her choice and her business but I find it a bit tacky coming from an independent provider...

Tacky is a Good Word..... Ludicrous comes to mind.... tipping BEFORE services are provided?

I personally never would expect it much less ask for one...but when I do get them it is a great surprise and well appreciated.

Its not like we are waitresses making $3.15 an hour and depend on tips...

Some Folks tend to miss that point!

The fact a hobbiest choose to spend his hard earned money on you should be more then enough

Agreed!

Now on the flip side if it were an Agencygirl then I dont think its tacky to expect a tip considering those girls dont get to keep 100% what they worked for...

What do you all think about tipping? Originally Posted by VictoriaLyn
A lady makes a decision to go to work for an agency and to accept the split before she "makes her bed to lie down on".... Some do it out of ignorance of what they might make on their own... Some do it for the volume an agency might deliver... Some do it for a (false) sense of security.....

Whatever their reason.... It's none of our concern how the split goes......

I'm not going to tip a lady to make up for what she is paying her partner.....

I think the best tip a guy can provide for a lady is a fast, accurate, positive review and repeat business if he is so inclined.
I think the best tip a guy can provide for a lady is a fast, accurate, positive review and repeat business if he is so inclined. Originally Posted by Whispers

I 1000% agree with that
  • PeAcH
  • 06-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Wow.. really?? I would never ask for a tip, or expect to see it up front.. a tip is earned and up to the person giving it.

Also, like a waitress you never tip up front.. unless you're weird like some of my friends.. anyways! Yeah..

*facepalm*
So I was reading a thread somewhere and one of the posts in it had me saying to myself..really,seriously did I just read that? Originally Posted by VictoriaLyn
That's funny, I've been doing a lot of that too.
I agree with you Vikki, it's beyond tacky! I never,ever expect tips! Even with good service! I think if you have to tip a lady to get good or better service you need to look elsewhere! I also don't imagine she'll be around long with those tactics either!

Tipping certain industry workers "before" they serve you, CAN get you better service. At all inclusive venues, I always tip the bartenders upon arrival. They work for tips and appreciate the gesture.They also remember you and what you drink that way. It's "thank you" ahead of time!
Tess
i do some work on the side and do get tipped most of the time. one time i was tipped upfront but that is a rarity and never did i mention. shame on her for demanding it up front. some people
I've never had a companion ask me for a tip up front. If she did, I would say "no thanks" and walk. On the other hand, If a provider looks just like her pictures, and provides the services she advertises, and we get along well, I always leave a nice tip...20% or more, at the end of the session. That's a pretty good tip since I usually do 2 hour sessions. I appreciate the 2 hours of bliss. It's worth it.
I agree with all the commits above me!
When I tip, it’s after I’ve seen the Provider several times and even then it’s not just give her money. I buy them something special or I like to take them shopping and say; You have X amount of $ to spend .
They like it because it’s fun. Do you know any woman that doesn’t like to go shopping or get presents? This is something I’ve only done for one special Provider so for. But I’m still looking.

Interesting and timely thread. I'm new and was curious about proper tipping etiquette. I would certainly tip if I was blown away with the experience, but I didn't know if it's expected. I don't want to get a bad reputation, so I appreciate the honesty here.

So, is it general concensus among indies that a tip is not expected or required, assuming nothing out of the ordinary was requested?
I agree with all the commits above me!
When I tip, it’s after I’ve seen the Provider several times and even then it’s not just give her money. I buy them something special or I like to take them shopping and say; You have X amount of $ to spend .
They like it because it’s fun. Do you know any woman that doesn’t like to go shopping or get presents? This is something I’ve only done for one special Provider so for. But I’m still looking.
Originally Posted by levibob56

tipping should be left up to the guy. i for one never expect a tip. in all the time that i have done this, what i do get: repeats, reviews, referrals and from my sweetness breakfast in bed, shopping, dinners, more than makes up for $$ tips!

and i have to point out that this particular provider is a perfect example of a lady who would be soooo pissed off and post nasty things about a guy who tried to 'haggle' her donation when that is exactly what she is doing. the minute a client walks in the door she is 'haggling' for more of a donation. call it a 'tip' all you want...it's an upsell. it implies to the gent that she will base the quality of his experience on the increase of donation.

shame on her!! very distasteful.
  • CDL1
  • 06-10-2010, 11:33 PM
Great question, VictoriaLyn,

Difficult to substantiate a tip on the first session. You both are getting to know each other and each of you will decide afterwards if you want to see each other again. For me it would depend upon my own personal factors. Would I tip? Sure.

Would I ever see someone who expected a tip? Not again, that is for sure.
A provider asking for a tip is as rude as a hobbyist asking for a discount when he calls for the first time wanting to meet you.
I, with the help of a good friend, had an agency a few years ago. The ladies that worked with me made $260 per hour, being more $ per hour than the average $200/hour rate of most Indies. These ladies made more & worked less.
I have walked in both shoes… Personally, I think the agency owner deserves the tip.
I did however receive numerous gifts from the hobbyist that would visit us. Thank you again if you are reading this.

Besos,

Francisca
I guess it depends on what she gives my "tip"....

I usually tip if I know I'll get something extra in the process.

This could be because I'm new to her and she's not yet completely comfortable with me and tipping her could apply pressure on her to show me a really great time. This, however, can be very risky cause she may not get the hint.

Or it could be because I already know she's going to show me a great time because I've seen her before and I give a tip to show her how much I appreciate her affection. I'll do this before the session.

In my opinion, the better you act during your GFE, the higher chances of tipping. Make me feel like we have chemistry and you won't even have to ask.

In any case, good providers won't have to ask!
Just something to keep things in perspective.

I remember a show called "third rock from the sun" where the Lithgow character takes someone out on a date and clearly tells the wait staff that he is placing a considerable tip on the table and it is theirs as long as the service is up to par. He also tells them that if the service degrades in any way, he will remove a percentage of the tip and thus result in a smaller take home tip. The waitress made damn sure to try and keep her tip.

FYI. Always tip your servers. They control your food and beverages before they get to you!