Biden changes his tune on China

• oeb11
  • 02-12-2021, 09:44 AM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...VGq?li=BBnbfcL

Biden changes his tune on China

Joe Biden “has been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades,” former Secretary of Defense Robert Gates said in 2014.
© Provided by Washington Examiner Truer words ne’er been spoken.

Biden, now president, cautioned this week that China threatens to overtake the United States in terms of economic and geopolitical dominance, a startling admission that comes after he assured voters in 2019 of the exact opposite.
“Last night, I was on the phone for two straight hours with Xi Jinping,” the president told reporters Thursday, referring to his call with the Chinese dictator. “They’re investing billions of dollars in dealing with a whole range of issues that deal with transportation, the environment, and a whole range of other things. So, we just have to step up.”
Biden added, “We don't get moving, they're going to eat our lunch.”
Love him or hate him, one positive thing that can be said about former President Donald Trump is that he has been both correct and consistent about the danger China poses to the U.S. Indeed, Trump has been sounding the alarm since at least the mid-1980s.
Speaking of consistency, compare President Biden to candidate Biden and see if you can spot the difference.
In 2019, during a campaign stop in Iowa City, Biden downplayed concerns that China may surpass the U.S. on the world stage, claiming there’s not a “single solitary” leader who would trade America’s problems for China’s.
“China is going to eat our lunch?” Biden said dismissively. “Come on, man.”
He even used the same idiom!
Biden continued, saying China is too busy dealing with its own problems, including disputes in the “China Sea” (he meant to say the “South China Sea”) and the “mountains ... in the west” (it is still not clear what he meant by this).
“They can’t figure out how they’re going to deal with the corruption that exists within the system,” he said. “I mean, you know, they’re not bad folks, folks. But guess what? They’re not competition for us.”
Imagine having served as vice president and chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and still saying with a straight face that China is “not competition for us.”
Between its efforts to build a global coalition, its shenanigans with currency manipulation, its stranglehold on corrupt international institutions, and its stealing of U.S. national security secrets and intellectual property, all while boasting of a seemingly unlimited supply of slave labor, China is absolutely a fierce and dangerous competitor. The U.S. observes basic human rights and environmental safeguards. China is unencumbered by such moral considerations. Indeed, China just hums right along, pumping out cheap goods at unprecedented rates, all while being the global leader in pollution output. China is hell-bent on global hegemony, and it’s not accountable to the same standards and ethics observed by the U.S. Yet, Biden actually told people as recently as 2019 that China is not “competition for us.”
Only a Washington swamp creature with a comically bad record on foreign policy would say such a wrongheaded thing.
Biden is a 78-year-old man, one with decades of access to national security briefings and intelligence. And he is just now figuring out that China is a few degrees away from “eating our lunch”?
As Biden himself would say: Come on, man.

Xi bought and paid for the fiden crime cabal. fiden must now pay up to his master Xi!
it will cost america and teh rest of the world freedom under Chinese rule/

so - 1b1 - and minions - rejoice - your socialshit wet dreams are coming true!
part of biden back tracking on china is politics

while he was running he appeased the left as much as he could

the left loves mao, and the way china can "get things done" and well..to cut it short..they love communism because then they can tell us what to do

basically he was willing to and did lie at every turn, if he wasn't lying he was silent on a subject

conversely trump told the truth and told the truth concerning all his positions, he had no guile
part of biden back tracking on china is politics

while he was running he appeased the left as much as he could

the left loves mao, and the way china can "get things done" and well..to cut it short..they love communism because then they can tell us what to do

basically he was willing to and did lie at every turn, if he wasn't lying he was silent on a subject

conversely trump told the truth and told the truth concerning all his positions, he had no guile Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought

Anybody else see the irony here? Democrats told us for 4 years that Trump loved Putin because he was authoritarian and could "get things done" without the little people getting in the way of progress.

Now we have a different President and party in charge who want to be more like China minus the massive human rights abuses. The Tech. billionaires ( another irony of ironies ) now control the Democrat party and Sanders and Warren must be about ready to jump out of their skin. The Tech. billionaires and millionaire celebrities, are perfectly willing to overlook China's human rights abuses, property theft, if it means making more money.
minus the massive human rights abuses. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
I doubt this part of your missive

the left is well on their way to abusing humans here

we will all be on a list soon enough

and it would only be much worse without the constitution standing in their way
  • oeb11
  • 02-12-2021, 12:22 PM
AOC advocates her 're-education camps'
with omar/tlaib smokestacks

They will be knocking on doors at midnight very soon.

Prepare to resist!
  • WTF
  • 02-12-2021, 12:34 PM
Circle Jerk Alert!
I doubt this part of your missive... Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Now go easy on him, ok? Abusing those who disagree with him is not "human rights" abuse .... he has his own definition of "human" AND "rights"!

The current crowd of fence-around-the-capital complex with military standing guard .... but none protecting our borders .... are simply following "science" when they dismiss their opposition as being "deficient" ... while they waste their time trying to kick someone out of office who already is "out of office"! They are all BRILLIANT!

"Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" .... "human rights" standard bearer!

....and scientist!!!!

(Don't tell her my solar panels are frozen with an ice coating!)

No one is making this fiasco up .... it's real life unfolding!
  • WTF
  • 02-12-2021, 01:35 PM
I think someone needs to change LL Depends...all that nonsense he just posted has me thinking he is backed!
Circle Jerk Alert! Originally Posted by WTF
I think someone needs to change LL Depends...all that nonsense he just posted has me thinking he is backed! Originally Posted by WTF
Great debating wtf. Is this what you meant?

lolling