Obama Sets Another Record!

First President in history to have the debt increase by more than $1 trillion every year in his term. How's that Hope and Change working for you?

Oh, and remember the promise to cut the deficit in half? Didn't think so.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/fede...ht-fiscal-year

Go for the gold we like a winner....
  • CJ7
  • 07-29-2012, 11:11 AM
First President in history to have the debt increase by more than $1 trillion every year in his term. How's that Hope and Change working for you?

Oh, and remember the promise to cut the deficit in half? Didn't think so.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/fede...ht-fiscal-year

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

a deficit isnt necessarily a bad thing in a down economy ... look it up

anyhow, look on the bright side. If Willard Gumby has his way he will pack another 25% on top of that...
The liberals will make plenty of excuses for houseboy. He will be reelected.
God, CBJ7. Tell me how good a $15 trillion debt is good for us. How does adding more than $1 trillion a year help us out? Yeah, look it up and tell me.

Not even Keynes would support this.
  • CJ7
  • 07-29-2012, 04:07 PM
God, CBJ7. Tell me how good a $15 trillion debt is good for us. How does adding more than $1 trillion a year help us out? Yeah, look it up and tell me.

Not even Keynes would support this. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

national debt or fed deficit ?

look it up
  • WTF
  • 07-29-2012, 04:14 PM

Not even Keynes would support this. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Keynes would not have supported the Bush tax cuts.
So? Does that mean he would approve the current deficits? Or are you just deflecting again?
Keynesian techniques have never pulled any world economy out of recession or depression. And Keynes was a supporter of eugenics. Look that up.
  • CJ7
  • 07-29-2012, 04:51 PM
So? Does that mean he would approve the current deficits? Or are you just deflecting again? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
apparently you dont know the difference between a deficit and the debt

no Im not deflecting

deficit spending means someone is pumping $ into the economy and when that happens the debt doesnt grow ... figure that one out

Keynesian techniques have never pulled any world economy out of recession or depression

true that, Duc ... ..

trickle down economics on the other hand, are on record leading to recessions

build the house from the roof down seems so intelligent ...
  • CJ7
  • 07-29-2012, 05:17 PM
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/deficit Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

The deficit is the difference between how much the federal government spends and how much it collects in one year. If the government “earns” $2 trillion in taxes in one year, but spends $3 trillion, that’s a deficit of $1 trillion. In order to pay for the difference, the government has to borrow money from itself, American citizens, foreign countries, and other sources.

The national debt, on the other hand, is the total amount we owe. Every year that we borrow more money, the debt grows larger.

COF .... the budget deficit isnt $15 Trillion dollars
I never referred to a $15 trillion deficit. Read the post. That comprehension problem isn't getting any better.
  • CJ7
  • 07-29-2012, 06:38 PM
I never referred to a $15 trillion deficit. Read the post. That comprehension problem isn't getting any better. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

I said deficit and you said, God, CBJ7. Tell me how good a $15 trillion debt is good for us

read the post
apparently you dont know the difference between a deficit and the debt

no Im not deflecting

deficit spending means someone is pumping $ into the economy and when that happens the debt doesnt grow ... figure that one out

Keynesian techniques have never pulled any world economy out of recession or depression

true that, Duc ... ..

trickle down economics on the other hand, are on record leading to recessions

build the house from the roof down seems so intelligent ... Originally Posted by CJ7

You two really seem to be talking past one another here. It seems you both understand the diff between defecit and debt.
Not to put words into COG's mouth but it seems to me he was saying that even though Keynes was in favor of defecit spending, in light of the 15 trillion debt we have, he wouldn't want to keep borrowing.
There is also no such thing as "trickle down economics". No books written, no classes offered. I believe what you're referencing is "supply side economics" and it was used to great effect by both Clinton and Kenedy.