Bad breath on client?

This is kind of gross, but there is a client I enjoy seeing, however, he has a thick film on his tongue everytime and it is the worst tasting mouth I have ever kissed in my entire life. The only thing that would make it better is buying him a tongue scraper, but I wouldn't dare suggest that to him. Any ideas?? It is unbearable, but I like him otherwise.
That film could be nothing more than this person not brushing their tongue, which is pretty poor hygene in my opinion. It could also candida, or yeast infection. I don't usually kiss, and don't expect it. Just don't kiss, avoid it. Or let him know. He may not know just as providers can lose condoms and tampons and not be aware.
Could it be leftovers from DATYing his SO?
Does he see anyone else?
I have a client like that and about half of the time, he has that film on his tongue. The last time he visited, I was feeling sensitive and I just told him.

He seemed embarrassed but he rinsed his mouth out with mouthwash. But it didn't do much good but by then, we were on a different direction.

When someone has just terrible breath, and I don't do this always, I ask them to brush their teeth. I believe, though, that's the way to lose a client but at least he knows and will be aware of it for his next lady he visits!

There's not really a good answer for this one, I'm afraid!

Elisabeth
Many of the reasons why I keep a toothbrush at the office and have mouthwash in my car....
Brushing teeth and using mouthwash can take care of bad breath,if only temporarily.
The film on the tongue makes this more concerning. Even if he brushes, uses mouthwash and it helps, that doesn't resolve the concern over the film. Oral health can be a sign of a more serious issue.
I still say his SO.
I am not a doctor, not even on day time shows, but I believe a thick film on the tongue, on a regular basis, has to have a good reason and it is not normal to have. Nor would it just go away with scraper. It may for a short time, like a session , but you may prompt a brushing, scraping prelude next time with both participating.

Just ask him if he had shit for lunch. He may surprise you and say no just DATO'd that piece of shit wife of mine.