Do you wear a watch?

One of my current resolutions is to become more unplugged. And I’m also considering the idea of wearing a watch again.

Something plain that goes tick tock and isn’t connected to a computer or Apple.

So are there any watch people out there?

Oh, and nothing wrong with a smart watch. It’s just not an item I’m interested in wearing at this time.

A plain Timex? Yes.

Thoughts on wearing a watch?
One of my current resolutions is to become more unplugged. And I’m also considering the idea of wearing a watch again.

Something plain that goes tick tock and isn’t connected to a computer or Apple.

So are there any watch people out there?

Oh, and nothing wrong with a smart watch. It’s just not an item I’m interested in wearing at this time.

A plain Timex? Yes.

Thoughts on wearing a watch? Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
I wear a watch. It leaves my hands free when I need to check the time. And a simple watch too. No Bling, not oversized, not a smart watch. Not even digital. I actually enjoy it. Bought watches for my kids this Christmas. One wears it, the other not so much.
I've worn a watch all my life! I want to know what time it is, maybe the date, but that's about it. Like you, I decided a long time ago to not want to get connected to everything and everyone. I know how to get in contact with people I want to and they know how to reach me. Timex is good. Walmart has some good and dependable ones for about $30.00. The more widgets you want, the cost goes up. I'm going on 6 years with mine.
Or don't wear a watch. Potential benefits:

You won’t have to worry about repairing or buying a (new) watch.
No more dead batteries.
You will become less stressed out.
You will soon stop hurrying and running.
Things will happen as they come and not how you try to force them.
Life gets easier.
Life becomes more spontaneous.
Life gets more exciting.
You will be less time consumed.
You will feel free, liberated and zen-like.
Life won’t rush you by.
You’ll start noticing, appreciating and enjoying your surroundings.
You’ll become more aware of what is important and what is not.
I wear (a Timex) also almost all the time and don't really use it that much. The only time I don't is in the shower and during a session don't want her to get scratched from it.
I wear (a Timex) also almost all the time and don't really use it that much.... Originally Posted by tinman483
The watch has become obsolete (and completely annoying) now that everybody carries a phone.

The more important question is - Why did the Tinman put the words "a Timex" in parenthesis....hmmmmm? I wonder....?
Last time I wore a watch was I got a fake Rolex in Mexico for $80 and I wore it at company functions.
A customer of mine wore a real Rolex and we compared the two for quality and finish and although the watches were of different models one could not detect by visual the fake.

Since I carry a phone all the time I have quit wearing a watch
You can tell alot about someone by observing there habits with out them knowing. One of those habits is how they monitor time.

Not so much that they keep track of time everybody does but how and with what .

If you do wear a watch what wrist do you wear it on ?

Is it a simple face ?

What type of band does it have ?

Is it self winding ?

Sometimes its just another piece of jewelry ?
---------------------------------------------------------------

A Gold Seiko flight chronograph is what i wore for years .

I took the Orig watch band off and wore it in a commando watch band.

https://www.ice.com/seiko-mens-fligh...tches-US_84600

https://www.google.com/search?q=comm...VnV0-F4j-NjEM:

Very good time piece and instrument .

Some Fuck Tard stole it and my M16 bayonet and one yes one matterhorn artic to desert combat boot and left the other one behind and a pair of nomex gloves and nothing else from where i lived at the time .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...x=5&ajaxhist=0

Someday when i quit spending money are win lotto i will buy a hanhart .

Side note ---If you see a one legged man wearing a Matterhorn ATD size 12 laced with 550 para cord let me know .
I love my watch... it's small, classy and it matches everything including my birthday suit...lol
If you want to use a watch, you may want to try Swatch. Swiss made, keeps excellent time, and sells for some $30-$50. I think you can get them at one of the big box dept stores.
I woke up one morning in 2006 and started counting clocks. Just between my bed and the kitchen I counted eight. Then the car, the computer, etc., etc. I stopped wearing a watch that day.
I wear a Timex. I got an analog with a date window. I did not think about the hassle of having to change the date for months that only have 30 days ...... or 28 or 29 for that matter. Analog is easier to change when I cross time zones. Now that I am not crossing time zones much any more I will likely go back to digital.
I wear my watch daily... But it's only right twice
I have a number of watches. None real expensive. But none also worn while working. I lost a watch my parents bought me for my birthday when I was younger and I've never forgiven myself. I called the hotel I lost it at and they never returned it or "found it" they claim.

The one watch I do wear the most is a TIMEX Indiglo when I'm at the theater when I want or need to know how much time is left of the movie I'm watching. It has the nice and easy SPEIDEL band that twists....I think it's called a TWIST-O-FLEX.